Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4 stone in 6 months. Can it be done

• 14-09-2019 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Is it reasonable to expect to lose 4 stone in around 6 months.
    That's all I will have to lose in total due to baby weight and wanting to shift it fast as possible
    Any hints/tips or tricks to getting it to budge quicker especially on the tummy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Possible to do if you are morbidly obese, if you are just carrying a few pounds will not be. I'd say don't set an actual weight to lose, muscle weighs more than fat, when you are happy with yourself go with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Stop eating sugar, refined carbs and drink plenty of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SeXi Sadie

Possible to do if you are morbidly obese, if you are just carrying a few pounds will not be. I'd say don't set an actual weight to lose, muscle weighs more than fat, when you are happy with yourself go with that.
    Alantic dawn that's my problem.. Im not obese it would make me slimmer than I ever was and I'm 5ft 11. I gained 5 stone during pregnancy due to drinking gallons of soda. True hadn't thought of it like that about muscle thanks

Stop eating sugar, refined carbs and drink plenty of water.

But will I die without sugar 😠thank you there all the big downfalls worth it to lose weight though

I've done it in less time than that. It's not sustainable though. Always end up back where I started. (I'm talking going from about 20st to 16st or so.. probably impossible if you're not already carrying a lot of extra weight).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Incorrect. Muscle does not weigh more than fat. Muscle is much denser than fat, which means muscle occupies less space (volume) in the body compared to fat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Whats your current weight and height and post up what a typical days diet looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Depends where you’re starting from OP. For someone who’s not too far off their recommended weight it’s extremely hard. For someone who’s short and 20 stone its very easy. You’ve to maintain a LOT of calories to stay 20 stone. Basically eat like a normal human being and you’ll lose that. I don’t know what you weigh. My advice is, no takeways, no fizzy drinks, no refined carbs and weight will fall off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Did you put on 6 stone in 4 months? No? Then why do you think it's reasonable to lose it in 4 months?

Did you put on 6 stone in 4 months? No? Then why do you think it's reasonable to lose it in 4 months?

It can be done. Buuuut... people can’t change habits just like that. It’s not just what they eat. They’ve to Change everything about their life.

• Advertisement

I gained it in 9 months due to drinking litres and litres of Coke and been immobile because I was so sick

SeXi Sadie wrote: »
    I gained it in 9 months due to drinking litres and litres of Coke and been immobile because I was so sick

What did you weigh before? What do you weigh now?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭garyskeepers

yeah most people dont put on all the weight during pregnancy.

A lot are already overweight before getting pregnant and then blame it on baby weight. Thats just weight.

Find out what you weigh now, what you weighed before you got pregnant, and then aim to get back to that weight.

Advertisement