Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Tiernan has been playing really well for the last few games.

He is playing as good as when he got his irish cap at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Joke of a ref card. The tmo told him 4 times he hit the chest first

Could be a huge call. Yellow only for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    That is a ridiculously harsh red card.
    TMO trying to give the ref a way out and he wouldn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Ref ignoring his TMO. Had his mind made up and wasn’t changing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭typhoony

crazy decision, it was a yellow no more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    That is absolutely ludicrous, tmo tried to tell the ref about 5 times it was to the chest. Could be the whole game ****ed now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Very harsh. Prob true for the commentators though that Tmo should say it’s just a yellow in my opinion.

Some Like It TOH
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Very harsh. Prob true for the commentators though that Tmo should say it’s just a yellow in my opinion.

Ya I never like the way they try to lead them in a direction rather than just tell them clearly.

The last effort the tmo said about contact on the chest and rising up then the ref responds by talking about dipping into contact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Great example of really poor communication between tmo and ref. TMO stated on a number of occasions that initial contact was chest. Ref said a number of times that initial contact was neck, ....very poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    His elbow makes contact with the guy's throat, going to be a red every time. Unlucky for Robb as there's no malice but ref had no choice

• Advertisement

Some Like It TOH
    His elbow makes contact with the guy's throat, going to be a red every time. Unlucky for Robb as there's no malice but ref had no choice

Not true. 99/100 the refs use the first point of contact for the decision which was clearly on the top of the chest and rode up.

It's the same as with a high tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over

I think the contact with the chest was fairly minimal. Think red more then yellow but could have understood if ref went for the YC.

Connacht currently doing everything they shouldn't be. Giving away silly pens when they just need to force the Kings to go thru phases until they make a mistake

Mul, it's over

Except it's not because if you follow the framework there's clear mitigation in first point of contact being the chest and riding up. TMO clearly agreed, but for some reason looked at a terrible angle from behind over and over before going back to the clear as day angle where you can see first point of contact.

Here's the relevant framework: arm contact to the head indirect high = yellow.

https://i1.wp.com/rugbyandthelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/High-Tackle-Framework-pic.png?resize=768%2C424

Some Like It TOH
    Really disappointed for Healy going off so early again looked like he took a knock to the shoulder following a clearing kick.

TOH really has a lot of ground to cover now. A long 50 mins for us heat etc won't help either..... Very soft try to level ot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You've got a Friend in me
    Bazzo wrote: »
    Except it's not because if you follow the framework there's clear mitigation in first point of contact being the chest and riding up. TMO clearly agreed, but for some reason looked at a terrible angle from behind over and over before going back to the clear as day angle where you can see first point of contact.

Here's the relevant framework: arm contact to the head indirect high = yellow.

https://i1.wp.com/rugbyandthelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/High-Tackle-Framework-pic.png?resize=768%2C424

Yeah I know the rules, I just don't think it was a case of his arm simply riding up.

But you lead with your forearm like that, you run the risk of getting into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Yeah I know the rules, I just don't think it was a case of his arm simply riding up.

So how would you describe it? Swimming up? Teleporting?

Some Like It TOH
    We need to get into half time without conceeding again. Getting cut open time and again with numbers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    My point is if it's happening, why not sooner, now we need him

What if Salanoa doesn't want to move Now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Were the two front row changes just subs or injuries?

Some Like It TOH
    macslash wrote: »

Think they said tactical for both! Maybe trying to keep them fresh for the end of the game

• Advertisement

Mul, it's over
    macslash wrote: »

Robertson McCoy looked injured, didn't see Delahunt coming off. Another injury at TH would be a bit of a disaster

Mul, it's over
    Lucky to go into half time ahead but would have to think being a man down for 65 mins will be very very hard to win now, and even harder again to get another 2 tries. Need some magic from big players.

Some Like It TOH
    Some great kicks by jack keeping them pinned back so far this half

Some Like It TOH
    Had a good chance at a clearance there but Buckley's pass just didn't get to jack cleanly and was almost charged down. Net result another try for king's.

Marmion limping heavily too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Unfortunate for Carty with the sliced kick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Marmion been on 39 secs and is limping already

Some Like It TOH
    What a kick that is

Massive call going for the scrum when they're a man down and only ahead by 3

Surely has to be a yellow

• Advertisement

Some Like It TOH
    Very unfortunate not to score there. Should surely be a yellow for.kings here?? So many infringement in a row.

14 v 14 for most of the last 10 mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement