Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Good news for next week and next season.
    Not so much for this week
    It wasn't enough last week and we're even weaker
    Kings was toe-to-toe with Cheetahs and Ulster until final quarter, I think their time has come to win sadly

We have :
    3rd Choice n°4 (No Dillane/Roux)
    3rd Choice n°5 (No Thornbury/Gallagher)
    2nd Choice Centre Pairing (No Aki/Farrell)
    3rd and 5th Choices Hookers (No Heffernan, McCartney and Murphy)
    2nd/3rd Choice n°18 (No Baelham/Burke)
    + TOH/Niyi/Porch who are not nailed 1st choices with Leader/Healy/Fitzgerald who may have been prefered.

At least 9/10, LH, and back-row are ok. Will it be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    Dowling would walk into the Connacht first XV at blindside. Boyle is too small slash lacking physicality for 6 and Sean O'Brien is constantly injured.

That's a bit of a stretch, have you seen Boyle actually playing for us over the course of this and last season he has been consistently one of our best forwards.

I think to suggest a young promising backrow with 6 professional club caps would walk straight into the team ahead of him or either of Eoghan Masterson or Eoin McKeon if they could stay fit :(

SOB really needs to get a bit of luck on the injury front has looked very impressive when fit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I can't believe it's not Butler
    Dillane and Heff have been released from captivity in Dublin and are on their way to South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Robbo wrote: »
    Dillane and Heff have been released from captivity in Dublin and are on their way to South Africa.

Just saw Linley tweet that. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    KBurke85 wrote: »
    On the Leinster thread there was mention of it but it's a signing for next season

If it’s a signing for next season I’d see no reason for him not to come west before then. Leinster might feel they need the body for the six nations period but after that I’d like to see him come west

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »

Now that's game in the balance!
    Yeaaaaah

It's because of Italy game cancelation...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wegians89 wrote: »
    If it’s a signing for next season I’d see no reason for him not to come west before then. Leinster might feel they need the body for the six nations period but after that I’d like to see him come west

He might have college stuff to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭b.gud

salmocab wrote: »
    He might have college stuff to finish.

Plus according to Richie he's walking down to Connacht so that will probably take him a while

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

"Boyle is too small".

I've heard it all now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Zzippy wrote: »
    "Boyle is too small".

I've heard it all now!

Maybe he got confused with the town

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Chris O'Dowd is going to be raging.

Very happy with this team
    Murray is finally considered too light, and we'll have both Thornbury and Roux back next week when Dillane will be with Ireland
    Godwin is overplayed but no choice
    Healy will make the difference
    McKeon is clearly prefered to Copeland to re-sign for 2021
    Heffernan and Robb will cause havoc among unexeperienced Kings bench, if we're in the game after 50 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

connachta wrote: »
    Very happy with this team
    (15-9): Tiernan O’Halloran, John Porch, Kyle Godwin, Tom Daly, Matt Healy, Jack Carty, Caolin Blade.

(1-8): Paddy McAllister, Shane Delahunt, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Ultan Dillane, Joe Maksymiw, Paul Boyle, Colby Fainga’a, Jarrad Butler (c).

Replacements (16-23): Dave Heffernan, Denis Buckley, Conor Kenny, Eoghan Masterson, Eoin McKeon, Kieran Marmion, Conor Fitzgerald, Peter Robb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Heffernan and Robb will cause havoc among unexeperienced Kings bench, if we're in the game after 50 minutes

It’s the kings. If Connacht aren’t in the game after 50 minutes, they should stay out there!

ClanofLams wrote: »
    It’s the kings. If Connacht aren’t in the game after 50 minutes, they should stay out there!

Not that bad, ask Cheetahs and Ulster.
    At least they haven't their starting outhalf. Daly then Robb should target the channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    How the hell is Paul Boyle playing? Sure he's tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Wegians89

The Friend Zone
    macslash wrote: »

Also amazing that he’s number 1 on the pro 14s tackle machine with 98% on Instagram.

macslash wrote: »
    DmcDeR2WwAEXgJo.jpg

Friend said he's looking for emergency cover at TH (10 to go including european play-off, only 2 players available)

Why wouldn't we sign Salanoa early? Furlong/Porter will be back for Leinster, I'm sure they can loan him in the end of March at worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Friend said he's looking for emergency cover at TH (10 to go including european play-off, only 2 players available)

Why wouldn't we sign Salanoa early? Furlong/Porter will be back for Leinster, I'm sure they can loan him in the end of March at worse
    Early? Is that a done deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    salmocab wrote: »
    Early? Is that a done deal?

No, nothing official

My point is if it's happening, why not sooner, now we need him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Good results for us this weekend. Realistically Munster and Edinburgh are out of reach so it's more important that Cardiff and the Scarlets emerged pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tobdom

Good results for us this weekend. Realistically Munster and Edinburgh are out of reach so it's more important that Cardiff and the Scarlets emerged pointless.

Not that it already wasn't, but it's imperative we win today and ideally get the 5 points, to capitalise on those other results. Of course we should be targeting the 5 points, but things are never straightforward..... I see we were supposed to have an Italian ref travelling for our match today, but that was changed due to Coronavirus, and we now have a local ref..... C'mon Connacht!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Mul, it's over
    tobdom wrote: »
    Not that it already wasn't, but it's imperative we win today and ideally get the 5 points, to capitalise on those other results. Of course we should be targeting the 5 points, but things are never straightforward..... I see we were supposed to have an Italian ref travelling for our match today, but that was changed due to Coronavirus, and we now have a local ref..... C'mon Connacht!!

Connacht will get 5 points if they play smart. The way to beat the Kings is to outsmart them. They are very indisciplined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

My point is if it's happening, why not sooner, now we need him

Because it's not a sure thing and also he has a contract for this season with leinster?

Because it's not a sure thing and also he has a contract for this season with leinster?

That's why I talked about a loan when Furlong/Porter are back and they obviously don't need him as cover

• Registered Users Posts: 21,624 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That's why I talked about a loan when Furlong/Porter are back and they obviously don't need him as cover

Depending on the situation with the 6N and rescheduling games who knows if we'll see any of the internationals playing for their clubs again this season other than champons cup and pro14 knockouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    Plenty of action in the first 50 seconds!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement