Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Jorge : February 29th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Darc19 wrote: »
    Motorway all the way to Adare then reasonable road to farranfore.
    From there to Dingle only concern.

Go tralee- annascaul-dingle.
    The first bit is s good road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I think I'll try to reschedule to tomorrow.

Good idea. Conditions could deteriorate quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭lcasey90

Did I read somwhere that a sting jet formed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Mace Hd live cam.

http://140.203.204.250:8650/

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Analysis at 6 am.

ukmo_nat_fax_2020022906_000.png

Not sure what the aviation Met guys in Shannon are playing at. The warning of 60-70 kts for Casement between 2-4 pm this afternoon is still there, yet the latest TAF gives only max 54 kts.

TAF EIME 290800Z 2909/2918 20022G35KT 9999 FEW015 BKN030
    BECMG 2910/2912 20028G45KT TEMPO 2911/2913 5000 -SHRAGS SCT012 SCT018CB
    BECMG 2912/2914 22034G54KT
    TEMPO 2913/2917 4000 SHRAGS BKN012 SCT018CB
    BECMG 2915/2917 25034G54KT=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

Link doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Is it not snowing quite heavy in limerick at the moment?
    I would postpone till tomorrow if its an option.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

snaps wrote: »
    Link doesn't work

does .. im watching :)

too many viewers..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Link doesn't work

Same here. Tried different browsers etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Link doesn't work

Works for me. Saw a bird taking a punt at flying! Landed pretty sharp! :P

• Advertisement

John mac wrote: »
    does .. im watching :)

getting a too many viewers notice - try again later.....

UK Met have Shannon down for top gust of 63 knots between 1 and 2pm, and Casement at 59 knots at during the mid afternoon period while Knock is on 49 knots later in the afternoon. Maybe a bit conservative but we'll see.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

High up in East Clare here. Very calm at the moment. Dozens of crows around which is a little eerie as they are never usually close to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭watlantic

Latest Atlantic Analysis chart from OPC just released shows Jorge at 952hPa with a new secondary low 955hPa north of the storm forming within the outer vortex :

9 am

Mace Head: 240 40 gust 57 kts, 965 hPa
    Belmullet: 210 40 gust 55 kts, 963 hPa.

Wind just starting to pick up now, east galway, after a very calm morning with a light dusting of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

aido76 wrote: »
    Wind just starting to pick up now, east galway, after a very calm morning with a light dusting of snow

Same as that.east Galway.
    She’s just starting to waken with short blasts.
    Will be interesting to see this one in daylight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Sudden ramp up of wind speed with the latest "line" of rain. West of Galway.

Very squally.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

aido76 wrote: »
    Is it not snowing quite heavy in limerick at the moment?
    I would postpone till tomorrow if its an option.....

Nah, was just heavy snow showers early this morning, still a small bit on cars and in the shade, but melted everywhere else - for the moment anyway, will get wet, sleety and windy in a while I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

All quiet on the midwesterm front. Some snow recently, but the sun came out. Iirc Darwin appeared approx 2pm out of an unremarkable, still day. No foreboding gusts or funny coloured sky beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Could someone post a link to a satellite feed that updates frequently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just had a small snow shower in cork city, by small I mean very small flakes and amounted to nothing but it was more snowy then previous

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Discodog wrote: »
    Could someone post a link to a satellite feed that updates frequently ?

Here you go: https://en.sat24.com/en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Anyone else notice a lot less panic over this storm? Where I am very little sporting events cancelled. Kids here are due to play a match at 2pm and local running events all going ahead as planned even though they are talking palace during the hight of the storm.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Ashbourne, South east Meath.

Very surprised to look out of the window an hour ago to an almost cloudless sky, with (for now) nothing special in the way of wind. The wind has picked up a bit in the last hour, and while I am well aware that things are not going to happen here for a while, it was a surprise to see how calm and clear things were this morning.

Temperature wise, it's for sure cool out there, I'm not planning to go very far today unless things change.

As for later, hard to tell right now, I suspect we're going to see a wild afternoon and evening.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

harr wrote: »
    Anyone else notice a lot less panic over this storm? Where I am very little sporting events cancelled. Kids here are due to play a match at 2pm and local running events all going ahead as planned even though they are talking palace during the hight of the storm.

Corona virus has taken the focus off the weather!

Today may well be the worst storm of the season for many (probably at least for areas Galway to Dublin).

No doubt there will be people moaning about the lack of warnings!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

Why would people panic ? Its an orange warning with red for two counties. Orange means a windy day , it doesnt mean stock up on food and stay inside.

The hype and exaggeration on this forum is somewhat comical as usual...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

People get used to the weather warnings and when they see that the last few didn't cause much damage the get blaze about it. It's human nature.

• Advertisement

Met Eireann wind forecast charts out to 9pm tonight:

anim.gif

New Moon

Advertisement