Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy baby aborted at 15 weeks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

It depends solely on her body to survive up to the point of viability.

The rest of your post is not worthy of a reply.

So she can play God and extinguish life?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,210 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It depends solely on her body to survive up to the point of viability.

The rest of your post is not worthy of a reply.

The rest of the post shows the tragedy of our education system.

I now think "Umbilical Cord" was too fancy a word for the "pro life" so they cant even answer.

I shudder the think how certain pro lifers probably think faeces and babies come from the same orifice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

it's not *just* her body though, is it? I mean that's the WHOLE point of the debate, isn't it?

What debate? The debate is over the 8th was repealed the Dail has legislated for abortion. Time to move on. Women now have autonomy over their own reproductive health and can now access services here. The requirements to book a flight or boat is no longer necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Can we lower the proverbial shields for a sec Susie and may I ask you something?

What, in your opinion, should be the term limit for abortion on demand?

I think the current 12 week limit is sufficient.
    If they got rid of the ridiculous 3 day wait and introduced exclusion zones around GP clinics offering termination services I would be pretty happy with with current status quo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

If a parent wants to kill their 6 month old child should that be their own decision? Should people mind their own business? If you don't want to kill your own children then don't but don't tell other people that they can't kill their children.

????

What in God's name are you waffling about

• Advertisement

And now another "pro life" classic

A brand new account.

That cant tell the difference between a foetus and a 6 month old.

I just feel so sorry for the "pro-lifers" the modern world must be terrifying with all this science malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

If a parent wants to kill their 6 month old child should that be their own decision? Should people mind their own business? If you don't want to kill your own children then don't but don't tell other people that they can't kill their children.
    The vast majority of normal people in this country are able to make the distinction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sigh.

Potential life.

Just like your sperm that you masturbate out. Not that I am interested in what you do with your sperm. Not.My.Business.

Anyone who thinks a baby and a dinner are in anyway similar deserves to be questioned. Alas Crock is too scared to answer or show he knows the difference.

Its biology. Terrifying for pro-lifers but biology exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Well no, because murdering born citizens (whether they are 6months old or 60yrs old) is illegal and against the law, and has been for quite some time now.

• Advertisement

Think of a less stupid question and I will give you a reasoned answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What debate?.
    the pro-life / pro-choice debate, going on right now, in this thread...

And now another "pro choice" classic:
    amdublin wrote: »
    Potential life.

Just like your sperm that you masturbate out..

:rolleyes:

She can play at being an imaginary sky fairy as well as having a say over what happens within her body. We voted to allow the Dail give her that right which the Dail did.
    You understand this..yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the pro-life / pro-choice debate, going on right now, in this thread...

And now another "pro choice" classic:

:rolleyes:

that debate has already taken place. your side lost. Partly due to the same crap tactics you are employing now.

You are missing the point, some people believe the unborn deserve consideration and that it is immoral to end their life. Morality is subjective which you don't seem to comprehend, it's perfectly valid to think it is immoral to kill the unborn, as it's also perfectly valid to think that it is moral to kill the unborn.

If this debate highlights anything it's that there are morons on both sides that don't understand that morality is to a large extent subjective.

That is fine. Morally you don't believe in abortion. Fine.

Morally there are other people, based on a number of varying, wide and complex reasons and circumstances are faced with the decision of abortion and choose to proceed that route.

Not for me or you to judge them. Not for you or I to dictate to the what they can or cannot do.

Off the top of my head: a couple faced with the diagnosis that their foetus (unborn baby if you prefer) has a FFA. I am not going to, for one single minute, dare judge them for proceeding with the pregnancy, or not proceeding with the pregnancy.
    Instead I am supportive whatever decision that couple makes.

Just stop. Abortions took place before the referendum (albeit in a different country) and they take place now in Ireland. Go away and leave people in these difficult circumstances in peace with their decision. They don't need people like you lecturing about what you would do and what you think is right.

amdublin wrote: »
    Sigh.

Potential life.

Just like your sperm that you masturbate out. Not that I am interested in what you do with your sperm. Not.My.Business.

Potential life? You mean life.

If they found something similar to a 10 week "fœtus" on the surface of Mars, NASA would be popping the champagne corks.

But hey, it's just an innocent child. Let's get rid.

that debate has already taken place. .

seems to still be going for the last few pages, from what I can see...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and going as well for you as the last time

If they found something similar to a 10 week "fœtus" on the surface of Mars, NASA would be popping the champagne corks.

Is it a 10 week foetus or a child?

You arent great a comparisons.

Dont worry I know you wont answer again.

This is a discussion forum, the real debate is over. Women now have the right to choose, all the last few pages show is how many wish to still excert control over another developed human being.

• Advertisement

and going as well for you as the last time

have we met?

That is not actually what happens. Can you envisage at all how difficult a decision to have an abortion might be for someone?
    A much wanted baby, with a FFA, can you imagine what a woman or couple goes through??
    A woman who wants children but at the age of 19, single and in college, is faced with a decision of not having enough maturity or supports in place, or WHATEVER, not our business, to go through with a pregnancy?
    A woman with Diabetes who will endanger her own life if she continues with a pregnancy?

Can you imagine at all how difficult and awful it must be to have an abortion in any of these or other scenarios????

I cannot imagine any scenario where the bolded above is the driver

all the last few pages show is how many wish to still exert control over another developed human being.

there's another 'pro-choice' classic...

there's another 'pro-choice' classic...

The classics , I find are the best.It's also quite true.

The classics , I find are the best, it's also quite true.

not quite.
    not at all, even

not quite.
    not at all, even

Your opinion, i'm of the opinion it's all about control. Considering the sex of some of the most vocal against repeal confirms this to me

Your opinion, i'm of the opinion it's all about control. Considering the sex of some of the most vocal against repeal confirms this to me

more of it now, we're all women-hating misogynists, just want to exert control, shame the hussies because they deserve it, isn't that it?
    nothing to do with philosophical questions about 'life' at all

more of it now, we're all women-hating misogynists, just want to exert control, shame the hussies because they deserve it, isn't that it?
    nothing to do with philosophical questions about 'life' at all

Well we've had a comparison to a dinner, a 10 week old martian foetus your hyperbolic commentary will fit right in.
    Of course it's about life, I value the life of the living woman or girl who are already born . There is clear guidelines up to when a woman can avail of an abortion without giving a reason or medical diagnosis and as it should be.

Potential life, your also forgetting about miscarriage, the rest of your post regarding Mars is not worth the bandwidth.

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Well no, because murdering born citizens (whether they are 6months old or 60yrs old) is illegal and against the law, and has been for quite some time now.

Abortion was illegal too up until recently.

Should murdering children and elderly be legal?
    No? Because it's wrong?

The law isn't always moral. Just because the law says something doesn't make it right.

Gassing Jews was legal in Nazi Germany but smoking a spliff is a crime here even today. You'll find what's lawful and what's moral are not necessarily the same thing.

Advertisement