Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I picked the floor to ceiling stand up this evening for 15euro, holds two bikes, ideal for shed or apartment living.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,799 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there was at least one left in aldi in finglas an hour ago.
    no sign of the socks though, but a couple of turbo trainers and some cycling leggings (XL for men, M for women).

I could be wrong, but Aldi Süd which we have here are in the States as Aldi and Aldi Nord, the other Aldi brother, owns Trader Joe’s (but it runs independently).

Also, battery life in Aldi front lights not great. Three to four hours at best. Mightn’t be an issue for many but wanted to highlight. Strong light though.

I find the back light very very good, but the front one awful battery wise. I can get six hours on flashing, but only if I take it off charge right before using it. If I charge it up the day before the battery is half dead by the morning.

Lidl will have a few bits on Monday 2nd. Stand, pump, lights and some pannier bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Lidl will have a few bits on Monday 2nd. Stand, pump, lights and some pannier bags.
    Nothing on the website yet.

• Advertisement

Nothing on the website yet.

Sorry I should have mentioned it wasn't on the site yet, I saw the stuff in the booklet from in store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,799 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

saw the booklet last night, not a huge range of stuff; the sort of stuff most people would have already bought if needed.

They have a helmet for €12, and a 'Pro Helmet' which is 'ultra lightweight' and has a magnetic closure for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

They have a helmet for €12, and a 'Pro Helmet' which is 'ultra lightweight' and has a magnetic closure for €25.

I have one with magnetic latch on it already. Extremely handy, particularly if you have heavy gloves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

I'll need new lights for next winter, have these come up before and does anyone have feedback on them?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/cycling-offers/rechargable-led-bike-light-set/p37107

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any pics of the pro helmet from previous or is it a new product?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I have one of the repair stands. Great value for money.

I'll probably pick up the track pump, as the pressure needle's stopped working on my current one.

Thargor wrote: »
    Any pics of the pro helmet from previous or is it a new product?
    up online now:

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/cycling-offers/c1080/w2

I have one with magnetic latch on it already. Extremely handy, particularly if you have heavy gloves on.
    Good point, tks.
    Euro Fred wrote: »
    I'll need new lights for next winter, have these come up before and does anyone have feedback on them?

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/cycling-offers/rechargable-led-bike-light-set/p37107

A bit pricier than their usual offerings iirc. The "break (sic) light function for extra safety" is an interesting idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just curious but I can't think of any scenario where I'd be putting on a helmet while wearing heavy gloves. Surely gloves would the the last thing to go on and first to come off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just curious but I can't think of any scenario where I'd be putting on a helmet while wearing heavy gloves. Surely gloves would the the last thing to go on and first to come off?

Itchy head, maybe?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Danville

Effects wrote: »
    I have one of the repair stands. Great value for money.

I'll probably pick up the track pump, as the pressure needle's stopped working on my current one.

Can this be used with a carbon frame bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Danville wrote: »
    Can this be used with a carbon frame bike?

Yep, I use mine with a carbon bike all the time, although I normally clamp it by the Seatpost instead of the the frame, but that’s carbon too!

I'll dress myself whatever way i feel like it.

Bloody style nazis.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Yep, I use mine with a carbon bike all the time, although I normally clamp it by the Seatpost instead of the the frame, but that’s carbon too!
    Does it fold down small? Was interested in it, but really don't have the space at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Deano12345 wrote: »

And it actually works as a bike stand? I bought a cheap one a few years ago and it will only hold my light road bike, nothing else, and is wobbley at that

Would hate to buy another piece of proverbial

a148pro wrote: »
    And it actually works as a bike stand? I bought a cheap one a few years ago and it will only hold my light road bike, nothing else, and is wobbley at that

I bought one in Lidl last year. It's very sturdy. There's nothing wobbly about it. I use it on the lawn when i'm cleaning the bike or making adjustments and it is very steady.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I got one last year from either Aldi or Lidl, they both look the same. Pretty sturdy, hold both heavy and light bikes and folds away really neatly. Actually have it with the legs only partially open in the shed as a bike holder the rest of the time.

Does it fold down small? Was interested in it, but really don't have the space at the moment.

Reasonably small, folds up like a tripod so it’s easy to store at least. Folds down to about the size of a guitar I’d say!

Can’t say I’ve ever had anything super heavy on it but in my experience it’s been solid as a rock. Definitely worth the asking price anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭cletus

My gravel bike is about 12kg, holds it no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Either a pretty comprehensive endorsement or you are a crack team of lidl flash marketeers

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

A long time ago I actually did used to work in marketing at Lidl so can say that they have absolutely no clue about what to sell and when, it is pushed down centrally in the bazillions from Germany.

I can also say that the bike stands are class for the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Don't work for Lidl, bike stand is great. Have heard many people say the same - was once in a random work meeting in a UK newspaper and somehow ended up having the same conversation with the editor.

The track pumps are great too, I have two of them for over three years and going strong with weekly use

• Advertisement

Don't work for Lidl, bike stand is great. Have heard many people say the same - was once in a random work meeting in a UK newspaper and somehow ended up having the same conversation with the editor.

The track pumps are great too, I have two of them for over three years and going strong with weekly use

The track pumps are good? I need a new one. I have one that has been doing my head in for years. It's totally kack.

Advertisement