Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi-LIDL Specials - Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

They are a great track pump too, might buy another one just to permanently stick in the car and maybe even one for the office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Please note the track pump is only good to 118psi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

Very tempted by the pannier for 13 quid, anyone have any experience with them?

but there does not appear to be any pannier rack unless i am missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Fian wrote: »
    but there does not appear to be any pannier rack unless i am missing something?

Looks just like the pannier bag is for sale, no pannier racks.
    Personally I'd avoid that bag, as it only clips in at the top, with no bottom hooks to stop it bouncing around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i bought the previous set, which have velcro straps as well as the clips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KathleenF

Bought two pannier bags but thought they could be used as backpacks as per pictures on Lidl app. Disappointed to find they are messenger bag style only.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fader123

My local Lidl (Dundrum village) had two different kinds of transformable pannier. One (slightly larger) in the messenger bag style and the other in roll-top backpack style. Both €13, so they may well agree to exchange it if they have the other kind.

I decided against getting either one as they only have clips and straps at the top, so was worried about bouncing around as per gman's comment (I've never used panniers before, so I've no experience as to whether this is a big issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

seems pretty clear from this pic that there are 2 styles, but the text of the ad doesn't mention it:

image.png

loyatemu wrote: »
    seems pretty clear from this pic that there are 2 styles, but the text of the ad doesn't mention it:

image.png

Yes, only realised when I got home. Went back to swap and have one of each now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

KathleenF wrote: »
    Bought two pannier bags but thought they could be used as backpacks as per pictures on Lidl app. Disappointed to find they are messenger bag style only.

the one I have is backpack style ! Maybe they change it this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

the one I have is backpack style ! Maybe they change it this year ?

Any good as s school bag??

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Any good as s school bag??

At a push but they wouldn’t take a massive amount of punishment. You could prob fit a normal school bag into them to use instead tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Apparently they have both messenger(new type) and back pack style bags(slight improvements over last year)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭cletus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i like the fact that the last item listed is a pain relief pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,652 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

cletus wrote: »
    No sizes listed - big problem for bigger gents who may need XXL in some items.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭cletus

No sizes listed - big problem for bigger gents who may need XXL in some items.

They usually have a range of sizes. Drop into the shop and see, I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Mens. M-XL
    LADIES 10-14 OR small-large

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

Peppa Pig helmet!!!!!!! and the Dad of the year award goes to me when I arrive home with one of those :pac:

lochdara wrote: »
    Mens. M-XL
    LADIES 10-14 OR small-large
    Thanks, can I ask where you found this?

• Advertisement

In store mag. Do u want any pics?

In store mag. Do u want any pics?

Thanks, no need for pics, assuming thats the same for all items.

Bad form for them to be omitting that information off the website though

Yeah. Socks size 3-11 in waterproof and 4-11 in short socks.

Winter gloves xs-XL
    Neoprene gloves m-XL in black and s-l in yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

What has happened to brightly coloured jerseys and jackets? Some years ago, Aldi had very good red jerseys, one of which I still have after 5 years. Much more visible than the predominantly black jerseys / jackets that have been on offer from Aldi and Lidl for the past few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Winter gloves xs-XL
    Neoprene gloves m-XL in black and s-l in yellow
    Do they have the neoprene gloves in the brochure? I was in Aldi yesterday, but they had none for next weeks specials rather irritatingly. They're not on the website from what I can see? They passed my (potentially raynards) cold hand issues yesterday afternoon anyway, so was going to pick up another pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Maidhci wrote: »
    What has happened to brightly coloured jerseys and jackets? Some years ago, Aldi had very good red jerseys, one of which I still have after 5 years. Much more visible than the predominantly black jerseys / jackets that have been on offer from Aldi and Lidl for the past few seasons.

Clearly they dont sell well.

Amsterdam-michell-zappa.jpg

People want to look normal while cycle commuting. Its not an adventure sport.

yeah, but i also don't want to wear black while on the bike. black seems to be the dominant colour chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Macy0161

In fairness, Aldi are generally alright taste, but some of the Lidl ones were/ are horrendous colours and patterns (and I'm feckin colour blind so probably missing half of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows when Aldi/Lidl will have their ski wear specials in store again?

I'm heading away at the start of November and wondering if they will have stuff in before that.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

this is the aldi/lidl thread for the cycling forum, so it's very likely no-one here would be paying heed to that.

Advertisement