Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ryanair discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

max10 is the response to A321. Doesn't have the range but Ryanair doesn't need range.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

rivegauche wrote: »
    max10 is the response to A321. Doesn't have the range but Ryanair doesn't need range.

Maybe they just want to add capacity to certain markets so they can expand without adding flights, maybe it’s a political/business game they’re playing to get more priority from Boeing who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Ryanair wanted a 200 seat aircraft as it was the operating sweet spot as it requires only 4 crew, 201 would require 5

MAX 10 is a even more frankenstein job, the landing gear is interesting to say the least

Max10 is more balanced than Max8.

Those 30 additional seats can certainly be filled on flights down to south of Spain or Greece and when used on city pairs they will steal a lot of short notice non-business travellers away from their Competitors. It can serve a role for Ryanair but I'd expect that if they are bought they will mostly end up with the Buzz daughter brand.
    It is an inexpensive way of future-proofing them for the next 15 years. If the first few they buy work they'll buy more, if they don't they'll just keep ordering the Max 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Ryanair need the MAX 10 as a response to the likes of Wizzair and easyJet ordering large numbers of the A321neo, an aircraft that can seat up to 240 passengers. They’ll have the strategic advantage on certain routes and markets until Ryanair can respond with something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

We need more ordinary 737 - 800 s in Cork. Cork loves Ryanair routes. C'mon Ryanair down to Cork Airport. Every route you put into Cork is packed with passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

L1011 wrote: »
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ryanair have ads out now saying we must all do our bit for the environment and that they do by filling every seat on every plane and using modern engines. Their new tagline is 'The Low Emissions airline'. I wonder how they quantify 'low' rather than 'lower''?
    I suspect they'd be made take the ad off air if someone made an informed complaint. CFM56 engines are not more efficient than the Leap-1A or PW1100G on the A320neo or PW1500G on the A220. Ad may have been planned for after MAX introduction but, well, that's not likely to happen any time soon!

Your suspicions were correct.

The ASA in the UK has ruled yesterday the Ryanair ads to be misleading and not to be used in their current form with the environment claims.

Wonder will they still air here or assuming they still run with them here will the ASAI also ban them.

This is a very healthy company from a financial perspective.
    They have practically no debt and own their fleet.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-chief-eyes-debt-free-future-to-avoid-being-trapped-in-bond-cycle-38930954.html

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

This is a very healthy company from a financial perspective.
    They have practically no debt and own their fleet.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ryanair-chief-eyes-debt-free-future-to-avoid-being-trapped-in-bond-cycle-38930954.html
    This doesn't make sense to me. They only issued their first bond in recent years (2014)? And since then have used excess cash to do share buybacks.

The reality is probably that the optimum debt equity mix is cyclical and that it may make sense right now to be aiming to reduce the debt.

You can't buy your bonds back before time unless you are willing to pay a premium for them. The market bought the product that is a Bond as a product to manage their risks in their own portfolios. Even if the market can redeem them ahead of time that section of the market wouldn't have been dipping in to bonds with the intention of redeeming early. They are very much a "security".
    As securities go, a bond issue issued with the intention of buy however many hundred new planes rather than a vague business plan for world domination will always be liked by investors especially ones who got burnt by Norwegian recently.

Committed shareholders wouldn't have been complaining about the share buybacks as their effective % shareholding increased over recent years. As long as the low interest regime persists Ryanair know they can issue as many bonds as they want to the market at very, very low interest rates to finance fleet renewal or fleet expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

You can't buy your bonds back before time unless you are willing to pay a premium for them.
    Unless the value of the bond has gone down. ;) But that would not apply in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Not sure if this is in the correct place, so please move if needed.
    I booked a return flight from Dub-Southend Sat to Monday for Jul.
    I have the original confirmation email.
    My travel companions just text me and asked what airport I was using on the way back.
    Being a bit confused at the question, I checked my itinerary, and I'm now on the Sunday flight, which is totally unsuitable.
    I checked my emails and junk folder, the only things I got from Ryanair were emails trying to get me to book a hotel and then a rental car.

Anyone had similar to this before? Is it just a case of getting on to phone/webchat tomorrow?
    I notice that they have cancelled all monday flights from Southend to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Bojill wrote: »
    Anyone had similar to this before? Is it just a case of getting on to phone/webchat tomorrow?
    I notice that they have cancelled all monday flights from Southend to Dublin.

I had this a while back. They sent me an email saying that the day of my travel had changed.

Assuming this is more than 14 days out all you’re entitled to is a refund.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

Noxegon wrote: »
    I had this a while back. They sent me an email saying that the day of my travel had changed.

Assuming this is more than 14 days out all you’re entitled to is a refund.

Thanks, no email.
    Still trying to get a refund/change of airport.
    Webchat is a bit of an ordeal

Edit: now sorted with change of airport on the return flight after 3 'agents' told me different stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

GM228 wrote: »
    Your suspicions were correct.

The ASA in the UK has ruled yesterday the Ryanair ads to be misleading and not to be used in their current form with the environment claims.

Wonder will they still air here or assuming they still run with them here will the ASAI also ban them.

Yeah doesnt surprise me that the UK Advertising regulator caught up with them. Ive read before that across the water they are proactive and dont need a member of the public to make a complaint, they can act on an ad if they see fit. Our own regulator ASAI is reactive and relies on a complaint from a member of the public, who then might be later named in national media, not something a lot of people would want. They are also a self regulator who are paid for by the advertising industry themselves and some of their decisions wouldnt inspire much confidence- allowing Three Mobile to advertise "Unlimited data" when it is actually limited for instance.

Anyway Im sure Ryanair can rejig the wording and disclaimers in the ad and it will still get shown in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

thats great if ryanair go for the max 10!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I flew with them SNN-STD over last Thursday morning and back again last night.

Good fare, allocated seating, priority boarding, and more than enough baggage allowance. Planes were clean, fresh (a bit garish but we can live with that), pleasant staff, on time both ways and a fairly smooth flight even in last nights strong winds.

They are a thoroughly decent carrier.

• Advertisement

The EU261 law needs to be amended. It is well-intentioned but not specific enough. There have been other court cases through europe. In some they've determined that the EU261 is not payable due to wildcat striking and in others it is payable because the employer isn't engaging with the Union although a process is there.
    All the Judges can do is interpret what exists in the law at present and depending on the day and the arguments made or just what form they are in that particular day the interpretation can change.
    EU261 is definitely needed as Airlines, not least of which is Ryanair would take liberties and leave passengers stranded if it is determined as the best outcome for them in pure financial terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

4hr+, flight to lanzarote in july, is there any creature comforts on these flights, USB power? Earphone socket? Wifi? Reclining seats? Beer? Hot food? Sick bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Phil.x wrote: »
    4hr+, flight to lanzarote in july, is there any creature comforts on these flights, USB power? Earphone socket? Wifi? Reclining seats? Beer? Hot food? Sick bag?

Seat recline, Sick bag, yes.
    Beer, hot food, yes but at a price.
    The rest, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Just beer and food available at a premium

And they will probably run out of the food by halfway down the plane

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shn99 wrote: »
    Seat recline, Sick bag, yes.
    Beer, hot food, yes but at a price.
    The rest, no.
    Seats don't recline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

L1011 wrote: »
    Seats don't recline

Oops, had mistaken this for the EI thread. Disregard my post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The very good thing about Ryanair in Canary Island is checking in a bag as they have loads of communal desks so I've never had to wait longer than 5-10mins unlike the massive queues at TUI/Jet2 and EI.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Will this be your first experience with Ryanair?
    Where exactly have you been for the last few years...........

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jorry

I've done it twice with 2 kids in toe and it was pleasant, flight time seemed to "fly by"... kids had tablets loaded with games and fully charged. Aer Lingus doe is a more pleasant experience once you are sat in your seat, just their flight schedules are not as convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,238 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I think you meant "though" not "doe, a deer, a female deer"

Also although I'd often like to give my kids a "toe" in a certain place, I often have them in tow, which is not the same thing.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement