Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picard 1x05 - "Stardust City Rag" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 20-02-2020 11:37am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Once again a new thread since the episode and its spoiler are out and about.

This time at least the ads didn't give away the twists, especially given that that must be one of the darkest episodes of Trek ever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,480 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seven was kick ass.

I would watch a limited series of Seven and her Rangers.

Just a pity they couldn't/didn't use the two original actors for the return roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,769 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was the best episode yet. What a Gruesome start to it. Will have to watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

special effects a la hostel?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

AMKC wrote: »
    That was the best episode yet. What a Gruesome start to it. Will have to watch it again.

Yeah, that was some cold open! And although I hated Icheb as a character it was a nice little cameo

Also I liked the quick Quark reference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Mr Mot's Hair Emporium!

Had to laugh at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,386 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Good episode
    What was she saying at the end, couldn't quite make it out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Never would I have imagined Picard with an eyepatch doing a french pirate accent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Oh Aggie! What at all have they shown her? Hrmmm.. I wonder is Janeway involved in this somehow. She damn well hated the Borg in the future.

Clear something is going on between Raffi and Picard.. I'm getting the feeling they were intimate not just on the same ship.

Seven seven seven.. jeez that was harsh what happened to Icheb. Even harder to watch considering he was a kid last time I saw him.

Last thought was about how Bjayzl (actress Necar Zadegan) was the spit of a younger Deanna Troi

Slydice wrote: »
    Last thought was about how Bjayzl (actress Necar Zadegan) was the spit of a younger Deanna Troi

Thought that too, thinking damn she's looking good for her age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ooooh that little bit of Voyager theme song at the end! Can't say I didn't want more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That was pretty great!

Really solid episode. Wish everyone could stay a little longer, though. Seven, Maddox, and Frakes as director!

And pity they couldn't get the same actor for Maddox, too! Maybe that's why he didn't stick around. Who knows. Feels like a wasted namedrop now. Why'd they mention him at all.

Decent little twist with yer one the doctor though. Didn't see that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭pah

Picard accent was a bit ridiculous considering he's french FFS but a much improved episode IMO

Great episode. The best so far. My only criticism is that this should have been episode 2. It should have been a double(90 minute) episode 1, ending with 7 of 9 being beamed aboard and this should have been episode 2. Not half way into the season.

The amount of lost, wasted time so far has been disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I didn't really understand the end and what was being said between Maddox and Agnes?

Same for me and asked earlier - something they shouldn't know, she's sorry she knows...?

Guessing they shouldn't know there is an android running around

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

fritzelly wrote: »
    Same for me and asked earlier - something they shouldn't know, she's sorry she knows...?

Guessing they shouldn't know there is an android running around

"One more thing to atone for"
    "I wish you knew what I know".
    "I wish I didn't know what I know"
    "I wish they hadn't shown me".

Which would suggest that it's regarding the synths, since it's the only thing they're responsible for and could be guilty about. Or Oh just flat out lied to her to poison her against the others as a trojan horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,956 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well that opening scene should give the sensitive souls who complained about the decapitation scene last week something to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I see what you mean Stark. Didn't want to look, but couldn't help getting an eyeful.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Evade

All in all that was a pretty good outing, things are finally getting going. I wasn't a fan of the whole heist style infiltration bit, it was too ludicrous and I don't really care about Rafi's family problems.

Setting up Mars as a false flag that killed all those people might be a bit hard to believe. Sure there have been assassinations and sabotage but destroying a planet is going a little far.

Did anyone else catch Jurati's smirk as she was killing Madox, that was pure Lore.

No Artifact scenes this week.

Random episode thoughts
    • Icheb?
    • Medical technology seems to have regressed a lot
    • In the abdomen? That'll be painful
    • She looks a lot like Deanna
    • Can Seven hold her liquor yet?
    • Picard is one to talk about taking the law into their own hands
    • You'd think Voyager would be kind of famous
    • So she's Madox's daughter?
    • Or not, unless they're Romulans too
    • La Sirena needs and adblock
    • Vajazzle is a bad name
    • Mr Mot's Hair Emporium
    • Those disguises are dire
    • It sounds like a nightclub from 2002
    • The whole heist movie thing isn't really working
    • Transporters practically run themselves
    • Fingers crossed Raffi's gone for good
    • Space abortion clinic
    • Mars was an inside job
    • Guns making noise as soon as you touch them needs to stop
    • The naive monk thing is getting old fast
    • Science officers don't wear red
    • What was that handoff?
    • A few days isn't the same as nearly half your life
    • Does the entire galaxy use white transporters now?
    • You can't really blame Seven for vapourising her
    • Jurati is definitely a double agent
    • Romulans' still have a space?
    • She's Lore, that smirk tick

• Advertisement

She's Lore, that smirk tick

Didn't make that connection but definitely thought android

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What did Maddox mean when he said “myself and Soong had you”

Is that Data? Can’t be anyone else really!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Evade

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What did Maddox mean when he said “myself and Soong had you”

Is that Data? Can’t be anyone else really!
    He said "Soong and I, and you. Your contribution was essential"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

That episode certainly ramped up several notches.

As I suspected the Good Doctor is a double agent or has been replaced.

It just got a lot more interesting. I'll need to watch it again as missed a few bits. Where was the Mr. Mot sign?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That episode certainly ramped up several notches.

As I suspected the Good Doctor is a double agent or has been replaced.

It just got a lot more interesting. I'll need to watch it again as missed a few bits. Where was the Mr. Mot sign?

At 15:40 or so, when the camera zooms down to Freecloud.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I was sad to see Icheb go the way he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Well that was WAY better, and a complete departure from the style of all previous episodes.

What stood out for me was the performance of Jeri Ryan. How ironic. I always thought she was a bit too stiff in Voyager, and you could put that down to Borg implants, but my golly she out acted everyone else on the series so far.

Let's face it -Picard, I mean JL, I mean Jean Luc, I mean Xavier, I mean Patrick Stewart, phew, looks like he has his lines held in front of him by a best-boy and is just reading them off as if it's the first time he's seen them. As if noting was asked of him to do the show, only turn up.

The only think I would criticize is this family problem Rafi has. Why does every drama have to involve some kind of family discord. Trek was never about this and in fact gave relief from it.

Spear wrote:
    At 15:40 or so, when the camera zooms down to Freecloud.

Just above the sign for Quarks! I'd say there was a lot hidden in that panorama

A minute into that and I’m done with the series. They had to reduce it to gore like every two-bit show around that has nothing else going for it.

• Advertisement

A minute into that and I’m done with the series. They had to reduce it to gore like every two-bit show around that has nothing else going for it.

Without that scene it makes it far more difficult to justify or empathise with Sevens actions later in the episode. Gory, but it serves an important purpose for the episodes plot.

Advertisement