Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Just saw Beak in the button factory and they said they'll be there, playing the park stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

desk tidy wrote: »
    Just saw Beak in the button factory and they said they'll be there, playing the park stage.

Excellent. Reliably great, and the perfect stage for them. Hope there's a run of acts that evening as heading up there for one band is never worth it.

.....unless it's another secret Radiohead set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Lana Del Rey confirmed to play.
    e: confirmed to be subbing the Friday headliner (presumably Kendrick)
    She’s playing the pyramid on Friday, underneath our headliner.”

https://twitter.com/emilyeavis/status/1227913288798932992

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

She stank the place out last time she played. 2014 I think it was.

Regardless, some heavy hitters for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

She wasn't great at EP a few years ago either imo. Oh well one less clash to worry about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Wooderson

MadYaker wrote: »
    She wasn't great at EP a few years ago either imo. Oh well one less clash to worry about!

Was at both. Two total snoozers.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Was at both. Two total snoozers.

Missed her at EP as compromised with pals after New Order and headed elsewhere. Always wondered how she went down as I'd wanted to give her a look, now feeling better about not seeing that set. And a really odd and downbeat choice of act to wind down the festival. Duran Duran & The Prodigy is how you go out with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

2016 was a tale of two New Orders for us. They weren't great at Glastonbury, but a brilliant show at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Wouldn't be the biggest fan. I'm assuming she'll be on before McCartney. While before Swift would seem the more obvious choice, crowd-management-wise it would probably be better to split them up rather than having them one after the other on the same stage.

Wouldn't be the biggest fan. I'm assuming she'll be on before McCartney. While before Swift would seem the more obvious choice, crowd-management-wise it would probably be better to split them up rather than having them one after the other on the same stage.
    "She’s playing the pyramid on Friday, underneath our headliner.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ah. Didn't see that.

rubick wrote: »
    2016 was a tale of two New Orders for us. They weren't great at Glastonbury, but a brilliant show at EP.

And even better at Trinity last Summer. Maybe my gig of the year.

rubick wrote: »

Time for a Glasto return?

And/or Hooky's first appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭rubick

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And even better at Trinity last Summer. Maybe my gig of the year.

Ah man, we were at that too! Was a cracker alright.

I've been keeping my eye on their tour schedule, I hope so. I wouldn't mind seeing Hooky fart about, he was in Belfast in November past there but we gave it miss.

Hooky was about for that Hacienda Classical last time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Billy Brag self confirmed with his tweet about meeting Taylor Swift, he'll be on my list.

Poorside wrote: »
    Billy Brag self confirmed with his tweet about meeting Taylor Swift, he'll be on my list.

Finally! He was overdue a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TenPicnics

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yep, three of us going so make plans for a Thur night beer. After that it's all downhill.

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice from the kind folks on here who are travelling over to Glastonbury from Ireland by ferry. I've tried searching previous years' threads but can't find a lot of solid information.

Is the Rosslare - Fishguard route the one to go for (we're thinking of getting a Wed. night ferry), and is it advisable to stay somewhere on the Monday to recover before driving on the Tuesday to get the ferry back to Ireland?
    Stena have a 15% off flash sale for 24 hours at the moment.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

TenPicnics wrote: »
    Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice from the kind folks on here who are travelling over to Glastonbury from Ireland by ferry. I've tried searching previous years' threads but can't find a lot of solid information.

Is the Rosslare - Fishguard route the one to go for (we're thinking of getting a Wed. night ferry), and is it advisable to stay somewhere on the Monday to recover before driving on the Tuesday to get the ferry back to Ireland?

Fishguard or Pembroke yeah and its a 4 hour drive from there with a píss stop.

As for the recovery, it depends on how fúcked up you get at the festival but I have enjoyed a shower and a bowl of pasta somewhere close on Monday night alright yeah. Usually Bristol.

Unless you're going with a campervan its a mad idea though. Even if I still think its a mad idea. Basically 24 hour+ travel return for somewhere thats only a 40 minute flight and a 40 minute drive away.

The Nal wrote: »
    Fishguard or Pembroke yeah and its a 4 hour drive from there with a píss stop.

As for the recovery, it depends on how fúcked up you get at the festival but I have enjoyed a shower and a bowl of pasta somewhere close on Monday night alright yeah. Usually Bristol.

Unless you're going with a campervan its a mad idea though. Even if I still think its a mad idea. Basically 24 hour+ travel return for somewhere thats only a 40 minute flight and a 40 minute drive away.

Thank you The Nal! Yes we have a (very basic) campervan, the driver has done no research :eek: but confidently reckons he'll be OK for making the Monday night ferry, avoiding a stay-over. I'm trying to ensure we don't end up missing that if we go for that option rather than the Tuesday.

Thank you The Nal! Yes we have a (very basic) campervan, the driver has done no research :eek: but confidently reckons he'll be OK for making the Monday night ferry, avoiding a stay-over. I'm trying to ensure we don't end up missing that if we go for that option rather than the Tuesday.

I may be wrong, and happy to be corrected by others with more experience, but you're heading on a route that's far less busy than the roads to London/SE England and the north of England. Glasto clears pretty early and most people are off site by 10am, some will have left on Sunday night and many are gone by 6/7am. You should have a pretty clear route to the ferry (after getting beyond Bristol) and I see no issues with making the night ferry. On Tuesday morning you'll be glad you did.

• Advertisement

You'll have no problem getting the Monday night ferry back, I've got the Monday afternoon ferry back (about 14:30 if memory serves me) and didn't have any issues, although that was by car.
    It can sometimes be chaos getting out on the Monday mornings, plenty of tales of 2hr tailbacks to get out from the carpark and country lanes onto open road. Try get out before 10am if possible.

Also got the Monday night ferry back from Holyhead (around 20:00 I think), which we made in plenty of time, although that's about a 6hr car journey, which wasn't too much fun.

Never gone over on the Wednesday night, as that would mean missing 1 day of the festival. Always went over Tuesday and stayed in a hotel that night, or got the early Wednesday morning ferry from Rosslare.

Thank you Boardsies for your advice, tickets bought, returning on the Monday night ferry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

2020 will be our fourth Glastonbury (2014,2017,2019) and we've done them all with a 6 berth campervan.

2017 and 2019, we travelled over on the Tuesday morning sailing with Irish Ferries from Rosslare to Pembroke. Arrive in Pembroke at lunchtime and drive to Glastonbury. We stop a few times on route and aim to arrive for 6pm.

Settle in the Tuesday evening and a good nights sleep in advance of gates opening Wednesday morning.

We leave between 6am and 7am on the Monday morning and have been back in Pembroke in plenty time for the afternoon sailing back to Rosslare.

(Always been in Campervan West which was great for getting in and out from. All changed for 2020 with all campervans going to Campervan East as West is being changed to pre-erected camping).

If you can, travel over Tuesday morning or if that's not an option, Tuesday night. You'll be much more relaxed and can enjoy the Wednesday at the festival. You'll lose a full day by heading over the Wednesday night.

Campervan resale is on right now. Got a ticket!

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Campervan resale is on right now. Got a ticket!

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Howdy neighbour

plenty of self-confirms lately; Clairo, Ocean Colour Scene, Angel Olson, The Murder Capital, Wolfgang Flur....but the one we've all been waiting for:

https://twitter.com/mary_coughlan4/status/1230192872990879750

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hailey Cometh

Has anyone ever gone there from Bristol? I assume traffic will be a total mare?

Has anyone ever gone there from Bristol? I assume traffic will be a total mare?

Depends what time. A mare on Wednesday morning yeah. Would advise to fly in Tuesday night and stay somewhere closer. Glastonbury town always an option.

plenty of self-confirms lately; Clairo, Ocean Colour Scene, Angel Olson, The Murder Capital, Wolfgang Flur....but the one we've all been waiting for:

https://twitter.com/mary_coughlan4/status/1230192872990879750

A good addition. Caught her during the Galway Arts Festival last Summer and she was excellent. For me it's a better booking than Ocean Colour Scene or Angel Olsen.

• Advertisement

I reckon we're close to a biggish announcement, lot of people self confirmed and Lianne Lehavas posted on Twitter about an announcement she can't say yet but soon, someone posted a gif of Eavis and she liked it.
    .2+2 = yellow.

Advertisement