Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2020

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    So Macca reckons it's not happening, or certainly not in June. Hard not to agree with him. The Eavises seem to be reluctant to hold it in late Summer and have stated that they won't go bankrupt if it's called off in good time. Seems inevitable I believe that we're looking at 2022 at best.

Unfortunately I can't see it happening in 2021 either. Unless something changes with the virus I think it will go ahead in 2022.

But please please PLEASE BBC do NOT put on a whole Glastonbury weekend like they did this year if is called off next year. I know the intention was good but that REALLY got me down. A few things happened around me then and that was when I was at my lowest during this whole sh*tshow of 2020.

I don't want to see footage of smiling people in wellies and the sun with cans in their hands laying out or singing at the Pyramid or Glade or wherever. We won't be thinking "Oh, isn't that great?" We will be thinking "DAMMIT, I should be THERE right now!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I didn’t even watch it. No idea how anyone could enjoy that sat at home on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Unfortunately I can't see it happening in 2021 either. Unless something changes with the virus I think it will go ahead in 2022.

But please please PLEASE BBC do NOT put on a whole Glastonbury weekend like they did this year if is called off next year. I know the intention was good but that REALLY got me down. A few things happened around me then and that was when I was at my lowest during this whole sh*tshow of 2020.

I don't want to see footage of smiling people in wellies and the sun with cans in their hands laying out or singing at the Pyramid or Glade or wherever. We won't be thinking "Oh, isn't that great?" We will be thinking "DAMMIT, I should be THERE right now!"

The Beeb's broadcasting of the fest is one of the issues I have with the fest but their efforts last year were sensational. Would strongly encourage them to replicate that this year - if not go even further.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Wooderson wrote: »
    The Beeb's broadcasting of the fest is one of the issues I have with the fest but their efforts last year were sensational. Would strongly encourage them to replicate that this year - if not go even further.

Agreed, one of the few good things was their coverage in place of 2020. The coverage hasn't really done it for me in previous years, but in 2020 it hit the spot for me. Not entirely sure what it was that worked, but it did.

2019 when I was stuck at home watching on telly was all a bit meh...although that could equally have been just frustration due to having broken my attendance streak.

Well, the programmes they put on in 2020 were "Best Of"s so they had plenty of choice. And I know their Glasto budget was cut a few years ago.

But, yeah, for me, it was heartbreaking. I mean, I assume we can write 2021 off aswell but (hopefully) at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well, that’s that then!

Screenshot-2021-01-21-at-13-06-52.png

It’s the right decision, but still gutted!

Yeah.... Well sh*t. But I'd rather a full on Glasto next year than a gutted version this year...... Having said that, I need a f*cking drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭traco

Disappointing but expected - I carried over my camoer reservation from last year so will have to call and see whats the plan for 2022. Don't know if they will push it out again

Imagine the party it'll be next year though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Basq wrote: »
    Well, that’s that then!

Screenshot-2021-01-21-at-13-06-52.png

It’s the right decision, but still gutted!

Better to hear early I think. Logistically no chance for the bigger festivals but there may still be outdoor non-camping stuff going on in late Summer. Or am I being naive?

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Better to hear early I think. Logistically no chance for the bigger festivals but there may still be outdoor non-camping stuff going on in late Summer. Or am I being naive?

Possibly with proof of vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

I was hopeful up until week or two ago. Still a gut punch when I read it tho.

Still, part of the whole experience is the build up...the count down.. the early planning.. etc etc... Not knowing was taking some of the shine off it.

Knowing that it will definitely happen next year at least gives us something to focus on.... Still a ball ache tho. Was really lookin forward to it

Guess I'll have to unpack and hose- down from 2019 so.....
    tenor.gif?itemid=11658669

• Registered Users Posts: 9 king_gizzard

My god that efests forum sure has gone to **** in the last few years. Used to spend hours on there.

No tickets here so will be joining the bun fight next October for a shot at 2023.

I assume we don't have to do anything to keep our tickets for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MadYaker wrote: »
    I assume we don't have to do anything to keep our tickets for next year?
    Nah.

From the latest email:
    As with last year, your £50 deposit can be automatically rolled over to next year, to guarantee you the opportunity to buy a ticket for Glastonbury 2022.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's not Glastonbury, it's not a festival, it's not going to have the Cider Bus, but there is a chance to camp on site this year after all:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/worthy-pastures-family-friendly-campsite-on-the-farm-this-summer/

Think I'll be popping down for a few nights during the school holidays, only a 40 minute drive away and will make up for me having not been on site for a couple of years now and unlikely to manage next year either. Kid can have a run around the dragon and pirate ship, I'll get a few pints of not Hot'n'Spicy from one of the bars and then pick up a falafal burger thingy and sit in the Pyramid filed and dream of festivals gone by.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Diana Ross confirmed for the legends slot

I just found out there was a window to pay for your tickets from the 1st of March til the 7th of March. for **** sake. Small print says my tickets are now cancelled for missing it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jesus, thought I was in a time warp there, why don't you just use the current thread or is it the 2021 or 2022 thread.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

I know I'm not a mod but we should probably let this old thread die and post in the 22' thread for glasto stuff? Glastonbury 2022 - Page 3 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Advertisement