Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey all, Ive one more question regarding the help to buy.

So I have received the application code and access number.

When we go to Claim now it requests the following "Please add the relevant attachments to your claim. First time purchasers must provide signed copies of the contract(s) of sale for the home, and the mortgage contract with their lender."

For the signed copies of the contracts, does this also require the developers signed papers or just the documents I signed?

You’ll need the counter signed contracts to submit the claim.
    Just one thing to watch out for when submitting your claim - there’s only one section to upload your files so be sure to upload both the signed contracts and the letter of offer. The instructions online state you are to pick your developer etc but this is no longer the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tongey89

Mossyman wrote: »
    Both my wife and myself are unable to apply as we keep getting to the page with the years we want to use and when we click continue it keeps getting the attached error. I last tried it on Monday and tried it again this morning (both my wife and myself) and getting the same error again.

I tries calling Revenue and they told me I can only go through the enquiries route. Is this true? Is there a number I can call? It's getting frustrating now as it's been happening since last week.

We are hoping to close on our house in the next few weeks and are getting anxious.

Did this get fixed from your side? I am getting the same error.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

tongey89 wrote: »
    Did this get fixed from your side? I am getting the same error.

Just tried it and still get that error. When I called last week the only way to contact the Help to Buy dept was to send a message though MyEnquiries. I am still waiting for a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

Just tried it and still get that error. When I called last week the only way to contact the Help to Buy dept was to send a message though MyEnquiries. I am still waiting for a response.

Our application finally went through this morning. We had been getting the error message since January 23rd.

I made 7 calls to the revenue within that time and frankly hounded them. I got through to a lovely girl yesterday who got the help to buy team to contact me through the my enquirers portal. They told me the issue would be resolved shortly and this morning I got an email to say we had been approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tongey89

robinse3 wrote: »
    Our application finally went through this morning. We had been getting the error message since January 23rd.

I made 7 calls to the revenue within that time and frankly hounded them. I got through to a lovely girl yesterday who got the help to buy team to contact me through the my enquirers portal. They told me the issue would be resolved shortly and this morning I got an email to say we had been approved.

Congrats. I sent a message through "My Enquiries" last week and havent heard anything back yet. I will try follow up with a call today. Fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

robinse3 wrote: »

Congrats! Which number did you call and who did you try speak to? The person I spoke to point blank refused to do anything but point me to My Enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

Congrats! Which number did you call and who did you try speak to? The person I spoke to point blank refused to do anything but point me to My Enquiries.

The number I was ringing was 01 738 3636, it can take up to 15 min before you actually get to speak to anyone. When you do get through ask to speak to a supervisor, its the only way you'll actually get a straight answer.

If you are getting the error message make sure you've sent a screenshot of it so they can pull it up when they look at your enquirers

Keep hounding them, I'm convinced that's the only reason they sorted it.

When I went on yesterday it had said that I had been approved but my partner hadn't confirmed membership. Then when he went in this morning to join the group he got passed the stage where he kept getting an error and he straight away got the amount we where entitled to and the access code. It didnt go to the under review stage or anything so we are delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wayne991992

Hi all

My partner and I have cancelled our own application and submitted a new one to include 2019. However while the old application gave us the figure instantly the new application is sitting at under review status for a few days now. Can someone advise if this is normal and the usual turnaround as there is no contact number for HTB that I can find. Worried as we are seeking approval in principle really soon and HTB needs to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wayne991992

coff66 wrote: »
    Currently in the same situation since early in the week. Does anyone know if we should be following this up or if it's part of the process?

Did you get a resolution on this at all. In the same boat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lucasfdsv

Hi all

My partner and I have cancelled our own application and submitted a new one to include 2019. However while the old application gave us the figure instantly the new application is sitting at under review status for a few days now. Can someone advise if this is normal and the usual turnaround as there is no contact number for HTB that I can find. Worried as we are seeking approval in principle really soon and HTB needs to be confirmed.

My Wife and I are in the same situation. Last year I submitted an application that got approved immediately. We then submitted a new application last Friday to include 2019 taxes but haven't heard from Revenue yet.

It also says on our both profiles that it's still waiting for the person to confirm membership even though that's done already.
    We contacted Revenue twice today. First person said I hadn't submitted my p12 for '16 & '17, which didn't make sense. Second person confirmed they have all the information they need but due to the volume of application, the ETA for our application is End of next week.

Don't know what to think. Revenue doesn't seem very reliable tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 FaberX

Is there any way to get a list of properties that qualify for HTB. I know some of the property sites have filters but there are a load of properties on smaller estate agents sites that you might miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cutielaide

Can someone please help with below question.

Myself and partner were having issue submitting the HTB application as a joint applicant due to the error on revenue site.
    Luckily, I was able to push the application through as an individual applicant. I checked with my contractor who said it dhould be okay to claim with individual.

Does anyone know here or had similar issue?... Not sure we can use an individual HTB on a joint mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Cutielaide wrote: »
    Can someone please help with below question.

Myself and partner were having issue submitting the HTB application as a joint applicant due to the error on revenue site.
    Luckily, I was able to push the application through as an individual applicant. I checked with my contractor who said it dhould be okay to claim with individual.

Quote from HTB Summary Guide:
    "All the individuals within a
    group must be first-time buyers in order for that group to be eligible to apply for HTB. All named
    parties on the contract must be part of the HTB application."

Does anyone know here or had similar issue?... Not sure we can use an individual HTB on a joint mortgage.

No... it is in the terms that all names on the mortgage have to be in the HTB application.

If it is reviewed tou will have broken the terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭coff66

Did you get a resolution on this at all. In the same boat here.

So we applied on Tuesday the 28th with no update until Monday the 3rd when we were told that our application had been cancelled as I had an outstanding balance owed. I had previously done the p21 balancing statement for 2017 and had small under payment which was not being collected but with the HTB application it now needed to be paid. That has been paid on Monday and we have reapplied and back to the same situation now, both showing as other applicant needing to confirm membership which they have and under review. Hopefully will hear tomorrow or early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post an update here as I received my approved application and confirmation number today after a short call with a very helpful person at revenue :)

If you end up on the phone to the revenue office in Cork, they have a HTB team on-site and you could try ask them to investigate what is causing the error - you'll have to go on hold, but they can look into it.

The problem was with my partner's tax for 2019, and it required manual review - this is what was causing the error on our application. They changed the years she was being reviewed for to exclude 2019, and the application went through successfully :)

So, long story short - if you've paid enough tax to exclude 2019, try cancel your application and redo it with 2016/17/18 selected.

Hope this helps!

Thank God for this good news. I am in the same boat, please send me the cork number you called.

af666x wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just thought I'd post an update here as I received my approved application and confirmation number today after a short call with a very helpful person at revenue :)

If you end up on the phone to the revenue office in Cork, they have a HTB team on-site and you could try ask them to investigate what is causing the error - you'll have to go on hold, but they can look into it.

The problem was with my partner's tax for 2019, and it required manual review - this is what was causing the error on our application. They changed the years she was being reviewed for to exclude 2019, and the application went through successfully :)

So, long story short - if you've paid enough tax to exclude 2019, try cancel your application and redo it with 2016/17/18 selected.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

Thank God for this good news. I am in the same boat, please send me the cork number you called.

It was the regular revenue number - I just got lucky I guess.

Try it and see if you can either get through or ask them to transfer you

So we applied on Tuesday the 28th with no update until Monday the 3rd when we were told that our application had been cancelled as I had an outstanding balance owed. I had previously done the p21 balancing statement for 2017 and had small under payment which was not being collected but with the HTB application it now needed to be paid. That has been paid on Monday and we have reapplied and back to the same situation now, both showing as other applicant needing to confirm membership which they have and under review. Hopefully will hear tomorrow or early next week.

Just to update we received our approval today with our access codes too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kanahavel

We applied on 1'st week of Jan but my wife cannot confirm the membership after login to her my account - Getting "Something went wrong please try again after sometime error". She is not working & never worked in Ireland before (she's not paying any tax). I am calling them literally every day and do not see any positive sign though.

My position is, done my snag and waiting for the key and everything has been put on hold bcoz of pending HTB. At this time I DONT KNOW what to do :( ....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

kanahavel wrote: »
    We applied on 1'st week of Jan but my wife cannot confirm the membership after login to her my account - Getting "Something went wrong please try again after sometime error". She is not working & never worked in Ireland before (she's not paying any tax). I am calling them literally every day and do not see any positive sign though.

My position is, done my snag and waiting for the key and everything has been put on hold bcoz of pending HTB. At this time I DONT KNOW what to do :( ....

Ask to speak to a HEO or EO and get it escalated. I did and got mine 2 hours before we were due to sign our contracts on our house

• Advertisement

Just to update we received our approval today with our access codes too!

So it took them over a week to reply you?... I applied last friday, mine went through successfully and my partner is under review... I am really hoping I hear from them soon... we have been on this for the last 3 weeks... its such a shame

More than 2 weeks just for the reply...I am going through this stress for more than 5 weeks.

So it took them over a week to reply you?... I applied last friday, mine went through successfully and my partner is under review... I am really hoping I hear from them soon... we have been on this for the last 3 weeks... its such a shame

Yes just over a week, we were stuck in the awaiting confirmation form other group member and under review until today and it all went through fairly quickly once they updated both members as confirmed. Are ye applying separately? As they cancelled ours when I still owed tax for one of the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpaceX

Hi,

Myself and my wife are applying as group our application is sitting there and it has application number and it says “Awaiting membership confirmation” does this mean when the application is approved I will get confirmed ?

Please just need to know if anyone is on the same boat as me or was and got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SpaceX

Hi,

Myself and my wife are applying as group our application is sitting there and it has application number and it says “Awaiting membership confirmation Your application is currently under review“ does this mean when the application is approved I will get confirmed ?

Please just need to know if anyone is on the same boat as me or was and got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Verwolff

SpaceX wrote: »
    Hi,

Myself and my wife are applying as group our application is sitting there and it has application number and it says “Awaiting membership confirmation Your application is currently under review“ does this mean when the application is approved I will get confirmed ?

I had the same. You probably just filled application in your own account only. Once done, your wife has to login to her account and confirm that she joins your application.

My wife never used her account since I always sent joint taxes, but we sorted out this issue and then application got status accepted.

Yes just over a week, we were stuck in the awaiting confirmation form other group member and under review until today and it all went through fairly quickly once they updated both members as confirmed. Are ye applying separately? As they cancelled ours when I still owed tax for one of the years.

It's a joint application, we found out out he was owing 128 for 2017 , but we quickly cleared that on monday to avoid cancellation, so fingers crossed we hear from them soon. Thanks

It's a joint application, we found out out he was owing 128 for 2017 , but we quickly cleared that on monday to avoid cancellation, so fingers crossed we hear from them soon. Thanks

Just thought I should give an update on this. My access code came in today around 5.13 pm.... after making almost 20 calls within yesterday and today. We spoke to few people and their EO, luckily they managed to escalate our case. I found out the other people we spoke to were just leaving a note on the case and not escalating. Good luck to everyone else waiting... But I will advise to keep disturbing them with phone calls.

Applied friday evening and it came in this evening... roughly 3 working days. We have been on it the last 4 weeks,with lots of cancelling and re-submissions.

Verwolff wrote: »
    I had the same. You probably just filled application in your own account only. Once done, your wife has to login to her account and confirm that she joins your application.

My wife never used her account since I always sent joint taxes, but we sorted out this issue and then application got status accepted.

I am in same situation. Do you know what was the issue ? My wife never worked in Ireland and the HTB team do not know what is the issue.

• Advertisement

Quick update from my end ..

I rang the revenue team yesterday and I told the agent I would like to talk to EO / Supervisor. Then I explained my situation and the EO took my issue and told me will give an update around 12.

When I checked my application around 11, it was approved already and then everything went smooth.

The EO called me exactly at 12 and confirmed looks like your issue got fixed.

Looks like they are handling a large number of HTB issues and they will prioritise according to the situation.

Advertisement