Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 27 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 09-02-2020 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Just done Ryan & Maupay to McCarthy & Wood and boy does it feel good. Let the rot set in for too long. It was either this or a Wildcard. I have major doubts over Mane Traore Lunds, Kelly so may have to pull the trigger anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

All defenders except TaA out
    New budget defence who will let me down for remainder of season in
    Prob get son and Jiminez as well
    And a third pool player. Was thinking mane but now may be firmiino

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

2 ft but a few lads need moving, could see 3 or 4 moved in total.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2 FTs.
    Maupay and Noble out, which doesn't leave me with a lot to play around with.
    May have to take a -4 to beef up my 3rd striker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    2 FTs.
    Maupay and Noble out, which doesn't leave me with a lot to play around with.
    May have to take a -4 to beef up my 3rd striker.

With Lundstram dropped, I'm thinking -8.

Entering WC area.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I sold Kelly for Lascelles. I like the look of Newcastle's fixtures.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I need to get rid of O'Connell, Ryan, Fredericks, Lundstrum and Martial.

Should wildcard I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I sold Kelly for Lascelles. I like the look of Newcastle's fixtures.

Thinking of Lundstram to Lacelles too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Need to ship Ryan out - was a mistake swotching him in for Pope 5 or 6 GWs ago :-(

Any suggestions? Looking at Dubravka if I can afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Plan is Soyuncu to someone but might also bank

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Was going to do Lundstram out, but will hold fire after yesterday.

Ryan is on the chopping block. Brighton look like relegation fodder at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

Done Ryan to McCarthy, hate wasting a FT on a goalie but Brighton's days are done.

Now need to shift on Dunk and Soyuncu also.....

Actually have some dirt hanging around. Dendoncker too.

*Might keep Dendoncker for GW31 Blank if he gets a few run outs in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Got to get rid of Sid. Defense is in a state. Have Soy and Dunk also. Offloaded The Lord last week with GW 28 in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

gammygils wrote: »
    Got to get rid of Sid. Defense is in a state. Have Soy and Dunk also. Offloaded The Lord last week with GW 28 in mind

Same Boly is coming in for me.

Have another free, with City playing Wed-Sat-Wed I might consider going a week early on offloading a city mid. Shouls Mahrez or KDB go? Currently it'll be KDB as I think hes more important for the european matches to them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Ighalo

Lots of people I'm not entirely happy with but nobody calling out to me. Punts on Perez and Tosun haven't worked out, triple Leicester is looking like a fading idea - 2FT and .2 in ITB.

McCarthy
    TAA Soyuncu Aurier Lundstram Rico
    Salah Mane Grealish KDB Perez
    Vardy Ings Tosun

Leicester have such a nice run coming up, seems a waste to ditch Vardy, but he hasn't scored since before Christmas. Wolves have a lovely run coming up too, so thinking....
    Vardy/Lundstram out
    Jimenez/Doherty in

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭The Guru 123

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Lots of people I'm not entirely happy with but nobody calling out to me. Punts on Perez and Tosun haven't worked out, triple Leicester is looking like a fading idea - 2FT and .2 in ITB.

McCarthy
    TAA Soyuncu Aurier Lundstram Rico
    Salah Mane Grealish KDB Perez
    Vardy Ings Tosun

Leicester have such a nice run coming up, seems a waste to ditch Vardy, but he hasn't scored since before Christmas. Wolves have a lovely run coming up too, so thinking....
    Vardy/Lundstram out
    Jimenez/Doherty in

Think I'd stick with Vardy for a few more weeks, they've a nice run coming and to be fair he's had a lot of disruption since Xmas so I think he'll get back among the goals with this nice run coming.

Would you consider Tosun to Jimi and sell either Grealish or Perez for Hayden? Think the numbers work on that.

Think I'd stick with Vardy for a few more weeks, they've a nice run coming and to be fair he's had a lot of disruption since Xmas so I think he'll get back among the goals with this nice run coming.

Would you consider Tosun to Jimi and sell either Grealish or Perez for Hayden? Think the numbers work on that.

Good food for thought. Essentially Tosun for Jiminez as I've a strong front 5 as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Which would you guys go for:

Calvert-Lewin to Ings or Auba for Vardy? The second I have exactly the money for and Vardy looks set to drop tonight.

Which would you guys go for:

Calvert-Lewin to Ings or Auba for Vardy? The second I have exactly the money for and Vardy looks set to drop tonight.

out of those combinations
    Vardy to ings

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

km79 wrote: »
    out of those combinations
    Vardy to ings

DCL’s fixtures are horrific though? More than likely won’t blank in GW31 but that’s a good distance away still.

• Advertisement

DCL’s fixtures are horrific though? More than likely won’t blank in GW31 but that’s a good distance away still.

Well you should be getting Ings anyway
    I do not see any reason to spend over 10 ml on a striker playing left wing in a struggling team. Cos that is what Arsenal are

Agree on DCL fixtures. I have him but on WC so may get rid. I would not use a FT to do it though

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

KDB to Son is one I'm considering strongly.

Son looks injured going off at half time, hold fire.

I'm fairly certain I'll take a chance on Vardy for the next few games. He should be getting his mojo back after the Xmas period/injury etc.

Son also in the shopping list which means Digne will have to stay another week.

dahat wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain I'll take a chance on Vardy for the next few games. He should be getting his mojo back after the Xmas period/injury etc.

Son also in the shopping list which means Digne will have to stay another week.

I keep coming back to Vardy as my 3rd striker with Jiminez and Ings too
    DCl Jiminez Ings feels very light
    My midfield may force me into it though

km79 wrote: »
    I keep coming back to Vardy as my 3rd striker with Jiminez and Ings too
    DCl Jiminez Ings feels very light
    My midfield may force me into it though

Vardy has a high ceiling whereas the 3 above just chip away with points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Hmmm maybe rethinking Dubravka as y Ryan replacement. Though there is not much else at that pricepoint. Would love to go Henderson but blancks in both 28 & 31 are too much.

Schmeichel?
    Patricio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Probably Kelly out for Lascelles or Taylor on Thursday after all the games have been played in league and europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking Zaha and Vardy out. Son and ings in? It's a no brainer really isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Thinking Zaha and Vardy out. Son and ings in? It's a no brainer really isn't it.

At this moment, yes.

Vardy definitely worth re-visiting with his price dropping and his fixtures improving in the next month though.

Advertisement