Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

If Met Eireann don't get their act together soon they may have to call off the storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

As per about 5 posts back, it is Orange for tomorrow. MET are having technical difficulties which has created some confusion it seems.

Yeah it’s fine for people following this thread but when other media outlets suddenly start running with a yellow warning people will naturally believe it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Farce

Actually it is a technical issue with the ME website not a downgrade in the warning level for Storm Ciara if that is what you are implying.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Does anyone know the status on snow for tomorrow or Monday or is there any downgrade on that side of things? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I think its the media needs a bit of cop on and should do a bit of checking before reporting as they should and are meant to. Farce is the media

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1226230302718164994?s=20

And in case people just dont trust Met E still (i know your there)

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1226240107109330944?s=20

https://twitter.com/corkcitycouncil/status/1226240348428652549?s=20

Still well and truly orange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

She generally signs off every post with West Mayo Offshore

As we were and are asked to do by the leaders here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Lol, Irishtimes reporting Yellow weather warning replaces Orange warning:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/status-yellow-wind-warning-issued-for-entire-country-as-storm-ciara-approaches-1.4165359

So much for investigative journalism eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Apologies, post was moved

snowgal wrote: »
    Can we please please cut out this crap which we had in last storm thread too, and just keep on topic? If you don’t like post simple to ignore...

Blessings and thanks but I think I have had enough. Every time I join in this starts I have just closed down on the other storm thread.

It is unbearably upsetting to come here and find sneering and insults. I am too old and unwell; all I came here for was to share island storm life which is like no other. Love it dearly.

Yes I am in tears . I said after Brendan that is this started again that was it. And it has . Same people same posts. was literally sick to my stomach after Brendan and headed tjay way now and not even storm day yet. sorry; canpt see for tears... I am nearly 80 and neber been treated liek this anywhwere but boards ie weather
    Blessings and thanks

greenpilot wrote: »
    Lol. Yeah. She lives on Clare island, just across the water m me. She's somewhat dramatic when it comes to the usual winter storms we get here.

wrong on all counts... I never said a bad or personal word to or about anyone here so why gossip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

There’s a night.....

689-E95-AB-7886-4-AEE-BBCA-7-DA8-A5606871.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Graces7 wrote: »

Grace, please don't go. Nearly 99.9% of us love your posts. Honestly, weather forum wouldn't be same without you. Trolls on ignore. Mean spirited people.
    I love the way you describe your weather. You should write a book. Lots of love, Ruth. X

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Was out in the rain tonight, really windy on Dublin today, saw poles/traffic light's shaking.

It's abysmal out there, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to the West.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Went for a drive there west of Galway city and there is some amount of flooding on the roads.
    How much rain have we got today so far? The winds have died down considerably.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: Moderators are monitoring posts that are being uncivil towards others,action has been taken .Graces7 you have made your point, time to get back on topic now or this thread will get derailed, please use the report button if you feel the need .

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Woo the storms cancelled! woo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Andrew00 wrote: »
    The Galway 2020 thing should've went ahead. I'm in Galway now and it's grand

Yeah would be lovely to be out in that belting rain with the threat of high winds and high tides on an outdoor called the swamp near the sea....

To be fair it was a bit still even thinking to stage an outdoor event this time of year in Galway of all places. People should really know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mouseybrown

I never post on here. But I must say I LOVE reading Graces7 descriptive posts about island weather. [ Mod Snip ]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Pretty horrible here in thurles tonight, no walks for the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

I never post on here. But I must say I LOVE reading Graces7 descriptive posts about island weather. [ Mod Snip ]

Here, here, [Mod Snip], keep the updates coming from the island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Wind completely died down, small hill north kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Back to yellow warning now on met.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭King of Spades

Exact same here. Her words paint vivid pictures and one of the main reasons I look in to the weather threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

fisherking wrote: »

It’s a technical problem. Orange weather warnings remains in effect for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

fisherking wrote: »

Orange still in place for tomorrow, they are have problems with the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The met eireann website and indeed app are farcical. Both showing nationwide yellow since 7PM despite it being a nationwide orange. Having to clarify on Twitter.

How can a website be so inept and hard to update in 2020? Seriously take it down if it’s broken. Two hours now of wrong information.

People need to give Met.ie a break. It's not like they're a highly paid tax payer funded professional organisation. They're just doing their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Weather warnings are always based on and around event planning for the safety of commuting to and from an event or destination so if dangerous weather is preceding an event are unsafe to travel then it's justified to cancel.

Dutch and Belgian football matches have been postponed due to storm according to the BBC sports page

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

I agree, i fear you think i was having a go!
    I promise i was defending you, you nearly always sign off with location, all regulars know that, i was simply pointing that out to previous posters post that was aimed at you, that i thought was a bit harsh and nit-picky

Im sorry, but not aimed at you in anyway
    Hope you know i meant well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

Burts Bee wrote: »
    Grace, please don't go. Nearly 99.9% of us love your posts. Honestly, weather forum wouldn't be same without you. Trolls on ignore. Mean spirited people.
    I love the way you describe your weather. You should write a book. Lots of love, Ruth. X

Don't let the bullies win . They just use these threads to look to see how many comments they can get.I love listening to your account of island life during a storm.We who live in the country or in towns have no idea what its like. If you don't mind me say you are a character and thats said with the best of attentions.
    On hearing you are 80' i am amazed and all i can say is thats its an honour to have you on here.From your days in the hebrides you sure have seen it all .

Advertisement