Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Nice to see Leo is awake during this debate. Maybe it was strategy to be quieter during the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

She threw that in for the neurotic/easily offended vote

She’s rounding up the anti hunt crowds aswell earlier.will ban fox hunting if she gets in so she says

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Leo is much more comfortable at this, Mary Lou struggling, hasn't come across with a good point so far which really is disappointing, a 3rd strong party is definitely needed what ever side of the fence you are on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭boardise

And paying for water supply and waste removal based on usage.

Irish non-solutions to Irish problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Is leo the worst leader the tans ever had?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Marylou wiping the floor with the two lads��

You really think so? Jaysus, I think she's really underperforming here. Plenty of soundbites and prepared one-liners but she's so evasive and sketchy when anything is put to her.

I think the bigger format debates suited her much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

valtraman wrote: »
    Body language is great best comedy on RTE in years

David wins, hands down. And eyes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Genghis

Poor quality from all. I don't think this will do anything to change minds, not will it be seen as a turning point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

theballz wrote: »
    57% income tax on earners over 100k will drive further immigration.

SF are absolutely clueless and the demographic they are targeting is so evident. Uneducated, low earners who know no different.

It’s like Brexit.

Why would people come here to pay more taxes????

Unless of course you meant emigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Does Mary Lou ever answer a direct question without saying let me point out first.....

Straight out of Gerrys book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

gyppo wrote: »
    Air ambulances fly at night? News to me.....

In countries where the system actually works, yes. It doesn't here.

But it'll cost a hell of a lot less with vastly better outcomes to fix that - either by making the Air Corps attractive enough for pilots not to leave or getting someone like CHC to do it - than to try make the regional/rural A&Es function to an acceptable level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Cracks appearing all through the SF manifesto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

D6 lady pretends she's from a poor area of Dublin- FRAUD!

Was she not referring to her constituents? Isn't she in the Dublin Central constituency?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

CPTM wrote: »
    Nice to see Leo is awake during this debate. Maybe it was strategy to be quieter during the last one.

He might have to used of it !
    He had all the power in the world to sort a lot of these things in last 12 months, taxes were up he should have done like Fianna Fáil used do buy votes by throwing money at it !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Leo, shuda woulda coulda, its been 9 years, convenient now that you're saying you'll do something! Too little too late.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Genghis wrote: »
    Poor quality from all. I don't think this will do anything to change minds, not will it be seen as a turning point.

I dunno, I think SF could lose a good few here. None of them doing brilliantly but Mary Lou is as bad as she's been in any election event so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The ads are fierce sh1te during the break. Irish Ferries didnt even bother filming their ship and just used CGI. Terrible altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭griffinlee

As someone who doesn't have any connection or affinity to any party.

I like Mary lou but lacks depth in her policies the most
    Whilst I'm not his greatest fan, Lv seems the most detailed in this debate
    Micheal Martin looks lost at sea

Just my opinion as an independent observer

• Registered Users Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cheerful ad there about dying on smoke inhalation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Mary Lou very one paced, Leo half asleep, MM is a very talented debater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Cracks appearing all theough the SF manifesto.

Will their supporters see them though. Lovely world they live in, just not the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

storker wrote: »
    Nice point by MLM when she pointed out the FFG will come up with all the reasons in the world to leave the big boys alone and gouge the citizens instead.

She is doing what all populists do and she's doing it very well if I may so.
    She's hit all the buzzwords and that is key to a huge amount of floating viewers who want any change from the two feckers beside her.

The point her party may not be coherent in all policies does not matter.
    the floating viewer is hearing

change
    workers and middle class
    skyhigh rents
    ff facilitating fg
    the crash
    9 years of the same
    no chance of owning own house

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Certainly this debate proves, MLM and SF would have been much better off if they were not involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Pensions next, here we go. Wonder will the actual reality of the situation that is the pension time bomb be acknowledged. What am I saying, pensions for everyone at 65!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will the fishing industry that will be desimated with Brexit get a single mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Jizique

Negative_G wrote: »
    Who would you have running Air Ambulances?

Another 500million contract to CHC? Or perhaps a 3.5million euro part time contract for a fixed wing aircraft that won't do any domestic work?

Wasn’t one of Haugheys kids running a helicopter company - he could do it for 500m

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

I think David was looking at Miriam and thinking Jesus I’d would

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Cracks appearing all theough the SF manifesto.

No surprise when a magic money tree is the basis for their entire manifesto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yeah not a bad idea. How about the welfare wasters do the same ?

Yes, why not? Work for your money - especially the youth - some of them came out of school straight into the welfare office - they have no skills, no experience, some are illiterate, can’t dress for work etc. Why not have them join the county councils as trainees, learning gardening, maintenance jobs, office work, etc. Social welfare is supposed to help you until you get a job - not be a career move. Don’t make it attractive to be on the dole. And let our indigenous brethren join in as well - everyone should work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

She’s rounding up the anti hunt crowds aswell earlier.will ban fox hunting if she gets in so she says

That’s no harm tho is it ?

Lots of undesirables around my area using hunting as a guise , I understand foxes need to be culled but there might be better ways than running them ragged by a pack of dogs

Advertisement