Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I made an app to find running events in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Just Run Events are a timing company who you could check out for races too.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Great idea for an app. It may be more workable to get people sending you the race info - those for who it is mutually benefial - clubs, organisers, chip/timing companies.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭SocialSpud

6run28 wrote: »
    Great idea for an app. It may be more workable to get people sending you the race info - those for who it is mutually benefial - clubs, organisers, chip/timing companies.

Best of luck

Thanks. Just added a good few events today. Hope to add more by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

Great idea and the app is laid out and functions well. I think Bohermeen half is missing.

https://www.myrunresults.com/events/bohermeen_ac_meath_spring_half_marathon/3474/details

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Looks great..just spotted that Clare island 10k is down as Co.Clare instead of Co.Mayo wouldn't want anyone getting lost!

• Advertisement

Looks great..just spotted that Clare island 10k is down as Co.Clare instead of Co.Mayo wouldn't want anyone getting lost!

Jaysus thanks, had clare on the Brain thanks!

Great idea and the app is laid out and functions well. I think Bohermeen half is missing.

https://www.myrunresults.com/events/bohermeen_ac_meath_spring_half_marathon/3474/details

Excellent thanks will add that one.

EDIT: Do you know where the starting line will be for that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

SocialSpud wrote: »
    Excellent thanks will add that one.

EDIT: Do you know where the starting line will be for that one?

This will be my first year running it so not 100% sure but from the map it seems to start at the Bohermeen Community Center.

This will be my first year running it so not 100% sure but from the map it seems to start at the Bohermeen Community Center.
    Cheers, just asked the organiser and he said it's 700 meters away from the Community Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Cheers, just asked the organiser and he said it's 700 meters away from the Community Center.

Fair play. That level of detail requires serious effort you don't usually get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

App looks great.

Running in Cork has a comprehensive lists of races in Cork
    https://corkrunning.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

Similarily for Munster
    http://munsterrunning.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

deisedude wrote: »
    App looks great.

Running in Cork has a comprehensive lists of races in Cork
    https://corkrunning.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

Similarily for Munster
    http://munsterrunning.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

Excellent thanks. Will add this to my list of resources!

Just downloaded it, looks good and I agree with others that it would be good to allow people add events. Best of luck with it!

Cheers. I've been adding a good few from Popup races and IMRA the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Just want to echo the comments of other posters by saying great job with the app. It looks nice and the design is very user-friendly.

It's only a small thing but one "nice to have" you could include in the future could be the ability to view what races have been most recently added or be able to sort by date added.

Congrats on the good work. I'll definitely be using this as my first port of call for finding races.

Just want to echo the comments of other posters by saying great job with the app. It looks nice and the design is very user-friendly.

It's only a small thing but one "nice to have" you could include in the future could be the ability to view what races have been most recently added or be able to sort by date added.

Congrats on the good work. I'll definitely be using this as my first port of call for finding races.

Thanks for the feedback, always looking for feature requests and ideas from users themselves! On the home page you will see "Recently Added" events which shows the 5 most recently added events. However, do you mean a "sort" feature on the Events screen itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Really liked the layout of the app. Only downloaded it a couple of mins ago so will have a good play with it and post any feedback I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Thanks for the feedback, always looking for feature requests and ideas from users themselves! On the home page you will see "Recently Added" events which shows the 5 most recently added events. However, do you mean a "sort" feature on the Events screen itself?

Apologies, I missed the New Events section on the home page. I think you have pretty much all the features covered that I would look for!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just spotted this and downloaded it. Really great idea and easy to use. Will keep it. Thanks very much.

My suggestion for one that is missing is the Gap of Dunloe 10k and half marathon on February 23rd in Killarney.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just spotted this and downloaded it. Really great idea and easy to use. Will keep it. Thanks very much.

My suggestion for one that is missing is the Gap of Dunloe 10k and half marathon on February 23rd in Killarney.

Excellent thanks I'll add those in. Is there any certain website or resource you use to find your races? Make sure to keep letting me know either here or via "Contact Us" in the app about missing events, it all helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Excellent thanks I'll add those in. Is there any certain website or resource you use to find your races? Make sure to keep letting me know either here or via "Contact Us" in the app about missing events, it all helps!

Nowhere in particular for me, this one popped up on Facebook last month cos im from Killarney. Its run by Alan hardman and his company is hardman events if you wanna check his website which is where I signed up for the race.

Itll be my first ever race so with your app I can find more, and plan to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭joe35

Hi not very tech here but I see a lovely CC race on the outskirts of dundalk. Seen Rob Kearney promoting it on Fb. It's the 'Kearney Cup', named after his grandfather. Hosted by Glenmore AC, if anyone wants to but it on the app. I'll have to look into getting the app too����

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭joe35

It's on the 16th of February

2 10ks in Mayo in April are Kilmovee 10k on Sat 11 and Run for Boylo in Foxford on the 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Could add the imra.ie events in too

2 10ks in Mayo in April are Kilmovee 10k on Sat 11 and Run for Boylo in Foxford on the 26th

Excellent thanks. If you have some links to the event details it would be a big help as well.

caff wrote: »
    Could add the imra.ie events in too

Yep I've added about 7 IMRA events up there at the moment so just adding all of the 2020 events over the next few days. If you filter by "Mountain Run" or just search "IMRA" you'll see what's currently there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Nice app, very well put together.

A possible addition would be to allow users submit events.
    Another might be to allow users rate events and comment on them.

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »
    Nice app, very well put together.

A possible addition would be to allow users submit events.
    Another might be to allow users rate events and comment on them.

Cheers for the feedback. Others have mentioned allowing users to add events but I always wondered if people would be bothered after adding a few as there's quite a bit of info to gather like name, description, regiatration url, coordinates for location, distances, type, contact info etc. I think event organisers would have a mutual interest to get their event some exposure but I can't see regular users adding too many events . Perhaps I could get most of the basic info and gather the rest myself.

Advertisement