Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I made an app to find running events in Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭SocialSpud

Just downloaded it there. Looks really good, very slick. Might be able to give some feedback when I get to use it properly but well done! Can definitely see myself using it.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just got it, looks very nice. Something like this was badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dixierip

Looks great. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

A lot of runs are getting canceled due to Coronavirus. If I were to report one, eg the MSB St. Patrick's race in Dublin, what happens?
    Does it get removed or will it get a badge or tag saying cancelled / postponed?

This would be a great app to keep track of what's cancelled and still running but if they're removed from the list I don't think it would be as helpful as a canceled / postponed badge or label which would update users rather than make them think it was never added originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Just checked this out today on my son’s android phone and it’s great. Hope you get an iOS version out soon

Dudda wrote: »
    A lot of runs are getting canceled due to Coronavirus. If I were to report one, eg the MSB St. Patrick's race in Dublin, what happens?
    Does it get removed or will it get a badge or tag saying cancelled / postponed?

This would be a great app to keep track of what's cancelled and still running but if they're removed from the list I don't think it would be as helpful as a canceled / postponed badge or label which would update users rather than make them think it was never added originally.

That's where "Suggest an edit" comes in to it as it would be impossible for myself to keep checking. For the foreseeable future I think we need to assume that ALL events are cancelled. Once things get back to normal I'll hopefully be able to update. In other non pandemic circumstances what would happen is you'd see the event date updated if it's postponed or just removed if it's been cancelled. A "cancelled" badge could be good though since it doesn't happen too often.

Down South wrote: »
    Just checked this out today on my son’s android phone and it’s great. Hope you get an iOS version out soon

Cheers. Yea it all depends on how popular the Android version gets as it costs a lot more to bring an iOS version out. Right now things are looking fairly quiet as all the events being cancelled so I'll see how things are after that in terms of how much of my spare time I'd like to put into it.

Advertisement