Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl LIV Thread: 49ers v Chiefs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Very enjoyable superbowl. . Delighted for KC. One of those games where I have to watch it again as soon as I get back from work tomorrow.
    Mahomes is acting no differently than any other win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

The 49ers celebrating in the endzone after that interception feels like forever ago.

I thought that was rediculas at the time tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Eagles get rid of Reid - win Super Bowl a few years later, now so does Reid....that all worked out well for everyone.

Depressing that we have this team with a young Mahomes in our division for the next 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I normally rewatch the Super Bowl on gamepass during the week after but I'm going to have rewatch some parts of this game again. I mean is that TD called if it wasn't the super bowl ? It was very close.

If Sammy puts up 100+ receiving I'll bare my arse on the bar in the Odeon and upload the pic

Very lucky duck.

• Advertisement

Fans like you are some of the strangest/saddest you come across on the internet.
    hes just trolling

human 19 wrote: »
    hes just trolling

No, I'm not.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Terry Bradshaw looks like an auld lad down at the mart.

Jeez, sort out the audio FFs

Thanking the Lord for human endeavour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Thanking the Lord for human endeavour...

We have some negative people on this thread but you just complain about everything.

Don't see you ****e talking about lemar when he thanks God. Didn't see you being smart when Ravens lost, after you awarded them the superbowl and they lost to the titans

I love Rob Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Gus Witherspoon/Madness.... Our house/KC Special

Great Superbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Mahomes is a really likable guy. Delighted for him

We have some negative people on this thread but you just complain about everything.

Don't see you ****e talking about lemar when he thanks God. Didn't see you being smart when Ravens lost, after you awarded them the superbowl and they lost to the titans
    Negative? I've just said I'm glad the best team won and that I'm delighted for Andy Reid...

I hate when the Ravens rattle on about God. I also fancied the Titans before most and said I'd rather play the Patriots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If Sammy puts up 100+ receiving I'll bare my arse on the bar in the Odeon and upload the pic

2 yards. He was 2 yards shy. The Internet got lucky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You don't understand a football fan that hates boring football?

Wind it in.

No, I don't understand you.

Then again, ravens fan so.... Not unexpected really.....other than if you hate boring football....I mean, can't actually be a ravens fan very long in that case. Maybe your a Jackson fan, is that it?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Kyle shanahan is going to have an unfortunate label now as two Super Bowls as a OC and HC he's been in the lead and he's not closed them out. Obviously it's not him solely but his team were ten points up in the 4th and given their running game is a strength why they didn't lean on that more I don't know.

No, I don't understand you.

Then again, ravens fan so.... Not unexpected really.....other than if you hate boring football....I mean, can't actually be a ravens fan very long in that case. Maybe your a Jackson fan, is that it?

Nice edit.

Ravens...legendary defences. Great argument.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Kyle shanahan is going to have an unfortunate label now as two Super Bowls as a OC and HC he's been in the lead and he's not closed them out. Obviously it's not him solely but his team were ten points up in the 4th and given their running game is a strength why they didn't lean on that more I don't know.

No idea, two good first down runs then two pass attempts that went nowhere each time.

KC had no answer for the run, no reason to go away from it. Poor play calling, same as at the end of the first half.

Then you see the throws Jimmy missed, two that stick out for me are Sanders for the walk in at the end and kittle on a 3rd down, he was wide open for a big gain to keep a drive going instead of settling for 3.

To be fair, Jones tipping a couple of his passes also had a huge impact on the game on an individual level, one of them again was looking to be going for a 30+ yard play.

Some calls went against the 49ers I feel too but overall you can't complain, best team on the night won. Can't ever count out Mahomes , delighted for Reid and looking forward to seeing if Revis burns Sherman on twitter for him getting beat bad in man coverage by Watson on a crucial play also.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Nice edit.

Ravens...legendary defences. Great argument.

The edit was to expand.

I could go further, but it's not actually worth it. Your a Jackson fan, I get it. Maybe next year eh

The edit was to expand.

I could go further, but it's not actually worth it. Your a Jackson fan, I get it. Maybe next year eh

The argument of a coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That was a roller coaster of emotions and I’ll admit to thinking it was game over when Mahomes threw the pick at 20-10.

But this team is something else, they found a way to come back and it’s a pity Williams didn’t get the MVP. Hill was good in the second half, Kelce had his moments, and Watkins stepped up for a few big plays. Andy deserves this more than anyone.

50 years for the Chiefs, 24 years for me, and it was well worth the wait. Absolutely buzzing :D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That was a roller coaster of emotions and I’ll admit to thinking it was game over when Mahomes threw the pick at 20-10.

But this team is something else, they found a way to come back and it’s a pity Williams didn’t get the MVP. Hill was good in the second half, Kelce had his moments, and Watkins stepped up for a few big plays. Andy deserves this more than anyone.

50 years for the Chiefs, 24 years for me, and it was well worth the wait. Absolutely buzzing :D

Congrats, thoroughly deserved. Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Fell asleep somewhere in the 3rd quarter,I think only briefly wakening to see KC score . Falling asleep I thought SF had it nailed on and would run the ball and keep Mahomes off the pitch. I must re watch tomorrow.
    Did Kyle fcuk it up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

First of all, fair play to the Chiefs.

As cliche as it is, that was a game of inches. So many times the 49ers DL got their hands near or on Mahomes and they didn't get him down (including the long throw to Hill on 3rd & 15 that changed the game). Between that and some calls from the refs the game could have gone the other way. Like all teams though we've been on both sides of those calls all season and you have to push past them to win it all.

Obviously Jimmy had a bit of a meltdown after going behind in the 4th but it was really no worse than Mahomes in the 3rd. Still the hot takes tomorrow will be how bad Jimmy was and how Mahomes is the messiah. Winners write history so it is to be expected.

All in all, that result hurts but if you told me we'd make it to the Super Bowl this time 3 years ago, or even back in August, I'd think you were crazy. Incredible performance from the team and with the age profile and minimal FAs to lose this offseason we should hopefully have a window for at least a few years

For those who watched sky sports did Neil Reynolds say that Andy Reid's son committed suicide ? I know he died but it wasn't a suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    For those who watched sky sports did Neil Reynolds say that Andy Reid's son committed suicide ? I know he died but it wasn't a suicide.

Thought it was drug abuse

Thought it was drug abuse

From memory it was an accidental overdose during a training camp. Christ sake Neil Reynolds talking rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

cjmc wrote: »
    Fell asleep somewhere in the 3rd quarter,I think only briefly wakening to see KC score . Falling asleep I thought SF had it nailed on and would run the ball and keep Mahomes off the pitch. I must re watch tomorrow.
    Did Kyle fcuk it up ?

It'll be the narrative that he did but like with the Falcons he only shares a bit of the blame. Like last time when they were ahead basically everything that could have gone wrong for his team went wrong after they got to the peak of their lead.

Advertisement