Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

July and November. Does anyone know how many go in at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ba88

July and November. Does anyone know how many go in at a time?

They had forecast for 800 to go in this year but that has been revised down to 700 max. Not sure if this will impact on the numbers going in at each intake or whether they will try and fit the 700 into 3 intakes and remove one.

In saying that with the election imminent, the forecast might change again - here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

Out of curiosity lads, has anyone been told for a fact that the next intake after January is April, then July and November or is just hear-say?

When i was doing the PCT, there was talk of March and other months but no one seems to know for certain...

SquireD wrote: »
    Out of curiosity lads, has anyone been told for a fact that the next intake after January is April, then July and November or is just hear-say?

When i was doing the PCT, there was talk of March and other months but no one seems to know for certain...

Just speculation at this stage I reckon - who was it that mentioned March when you did the PCT? What other months did they mention?

ba88 wrote: »
    Just speculation at this stage I reckon - who was it that mentioned March when you did the PCT? What other months did they mention?

Just a few of the lads who were doing the PCT as well. One of them said they were talking to a Guard who said they were under pressure to get intakes completed and are running 4 this year and March will be the next one...Then again nothing concrete so who knows!

• Advertisement

Just a few of the lads who were doing the PCT as well. One of them said they were talking to a Guard who said they were under pressure to get intakes completed and are running 4 this year and March will be the next one...Then again nothing concrete so who knows!

Lots of hear say going around. Let's hope its all true. Passed the medical in early January but vetting not yet completed. Hoping it'll all be done and I'll be high enough up the OOM to get a place in next intake.

Rather frustrating how quickly things moved up to this point just to end up in a position where you have no idea when/if a call up might happen.

Have you had the local interviews yet? I've my medical tomorrow which should be fine but no word yet on the local interviews which is annoying as I've seen some people have them before their PCT!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Did u get a call this morning about medical, also passed yesterday and was told medical would be tomorrow but no call still

Have you had the local interviews yet? I've my medical tomorrow which should be fine but no word yet on the local interviews which is annoying as I've seen some people have them before their PCT!

I've met with my local Sergeant alright which was more of an informal chat. I had this a few days before my PCT. Yet to hear anything about meeting local Super yet.

Best of luck with the medical tomorrow - all relatively straight forward. Only thing I was slightly concerned about was the eye sight but passed anyway.

What oom are you

• Advertisement

daniel1390 wrote: »
    What oom are you

Was 186 after the interview

You should defo have high enough oom, I'm at 260

You should defo have high enough oom, I'm at 260

Sure fingers crossed for us both - you ain't too far behind all things considered - a mate of mine is around the 1200 mark. Just desperate to get down to Templemore and get it over with.

Did u get a call this morning about medical, also passed yesterday and was told medical would be tomorrow but no call still

I got an e-mail the following day after passing the PCT to say my medical would be the following week i.e tomorrow.

I would say contact them to be sure about tomorrow.

I've met with my local Sergeant alright which was more of an informal chat. I had this a few days before my PCT. Yet to hear anything about meeting local Super yet.

Best of luck with the medical tomorrow - all relatively straight forward. Only thing I was slightly concerned about was the eye sight but passed anyway.

Thanks a mill, would like to have all this out of the way and then as long as vetting goes ok, just wait to be called.

My OOM after the interview was 219 so we're all similar enough

I had resit of pct yesterday, had an email on Monday saying If I pass may have medical tomorrow although email gave no time, assume they will call today at some stage

I had resit of pct yesterday, had an email on Monday saying If I pass may have medical tomorrow although email gave no time, assume they will call today at some stage

Nice to hear that there is urgency still in getting people through. Would make you think that they are trying to get numbers for another intake relatively soon. Might be no harm to give HRM a shout to enquire.

Just had email tomorrow, medical confirmed for tomorrow, anyone else who was down in templemore yesterday have it tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Any members still around who went in on the intake last Monday?

Might be a long shot but would be interested to hear how the first week went!

I'm part of the intake that started last week. The first week was good! I think everyone is on the same playing field really; feels like starting school all over again to be honest. We covered First Aid Responder course for the first three days and Manual Handling on the fourth day, followed by rules and regulations for the college.
    The atmosphere is nice, manners is a huge thing and don't be afraid to ask a trainee from a different intake for advice or if you get turned around. Like I said, the feel inside the walls is a real sense of camaraderie. :)

I'm part of the intake that started last week. The first week was good! I think everyone is on the same playing field really; feels like starting school all over again to be honest. We covered First Aid Responder course for the first three days and Manual Handling on the fourth day, followed by rules and regulations for the college.
    The atmosphere is nice, manners is a huge thing and don't be afraid to ask a trainee from a different intake for advice or if you get turned around. Like I said, the feel inside the walls is a real sense of camaraderie. :)

Very good - get a sense of the camaraderie when I was down for the PCT - lots of encouraging words from trainees.

Hopefully I'll be down before long - don't suppose they mentioned anything about the next intake and when it might be :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Very good - get a sense of the camaraderie when I was down for the PCT - lots of encouraging words from trainees.

Hopefully I'll be down before long - don't suppose they mentioned anything about the next intake and when it might be :)?

To be honest, I've heard a few others throwing around April as the next intake, but that's nothing concrete. Just people talking to one another; they haven't told us anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Anyone know anything about appealing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mazmaz1991

Just had email tomorrow, medical confirmed for tomorrow, anyone else who was down in templemore yesterday have it tomorrow??

Hey, ye I had my repeat on tue also and have my medical tmo afternoon 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

Just for those that had to re do the PCT....if You fail badly do You still get a re test??

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Edsjd

was in with the local superintendent who told me it's generally every 3 months between intakes

To be honest, I've heard a few others throwing around April as the next intake, but that's nothing concrete. Just people talking to one another; they haven't told us anything.

Yeah that seems to be the general gist alright. Best of luck with it! As I said hope to be down before long!
    Edsjd wrote: »
    was in with the local superintendent who told me it's generally every 3 months between intakes

That would suggest March/April - what was the conversation like? Have met the Sergeant but no word on meeting the Super just yet.

Has anyone checked with HR the status of their vetting/clearance. Would be nice to know what stage mine is at net sergeant and super, physical done and medical done today. Did people call or email? Thanks

Has anyone checked with HR the status of their vetting/clearance. Would be nice to know what stage mine is at net sergeant and super, physical done and medical done today. Did people call or email? Thanks

I've checked twice. Mail and call. They don't give you anything other than to say it is different for everyone and that you will be contacted when the vetting is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerrystar93

Hi folks have my pct nxt Tuesday at 4. Do we need to send them back an email saying I’ll be There?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Did anyone else reply when they got their date for pct?

Advertisement