Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power : Enhanced Price Query

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Allinall

Glad I didn't take your advice! :p

Positive result : Got on to them on twitter, directed me to call Retail Support unit. Spoke to a lady who within 2 minutes told me my bet has been settled at 11/4 and I will be paid upon presentation of docket.

Thanks Paddy....

Fair play.

Not often you get a result off the bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is a good question Manure, I often wonder what would happen.

I always do large accums, they never come through though, but I have won a few yankees in my time and never any issue getting paid.

The year Coneygree won the Gold Cup I won a super yankee and won several thousand. My account was suspended for a few hours, but it was a busy day and they paid up every cent.

I would not put anything past them however. My biggest advice to you is if you get 4 out of 5 up hit that "cash out" button fast. 5 winners are massively and extremely rare, they hardly ever happen.

If it did, consult a solicitor and a PR agency. You can be sure the bookie will.

Sometimes I might have 6x 20/1 winners in an accum. The online calculator will say potential returns of 2,467,789.12 etc. But when you check the bet it will say potential returns of 1.3 million. They have limits on what they will pay out.

A few years ago at Sandown the Moores had 4 winners on the Friday and had 3 up on the Saturday, at juicy prices. I had a yankee going on their Saturday winners. I remember Tanya the boobie saying if the moores horse won the last things might " Get Naaaasty ".

They pulled it up.

Cash out? On PP terms =mug punter

Allinall wrote: »
    Fair play.

Not often you get a result off the bookies.

Had 100E/W on Rightdownthemiddle when trained by Mulvanny at 20/1 on Friday night in Ladbrokes for a race in Fairyhouse next day. Woman put price on docket for me no bother. Horse won at 5/1 I think. Went to collect they offered me SP.
    Got in contact with Hayley o'Connor who worked for them at the time and she sorted payment. Any threat of bad publicity they pay immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You can see the max payout values in the Betting rules, and it can vary from 50k to 1mil depending on the market. I don’t think it is over 1mil for any market. I just wonder if there can be anything hidden deep in their terms that would reduce that. Anyways will continue to assume the limit for this particular bet is 1mil, and continue to lose money on it!! Tho I did have 3/5 one time and got back €600.
    And actually one time I got all 10 premier league results in, €10 accumulator won €9k sweet!! I don’t think mark lawrenson has ever got 10/10 on the bbc.

Be careful doing big accums in Meydan and in the US, the limits are much lower there. A couple of years ago as low as 20k in the states on Breeders Cup night.

I know a lot of punters think yankees are for mugs, I think they are fine and I have won a nice few quid on them over the years. They are also a great way of keeping your powder dry coming up to big festivals. Once February kicks in you would be as well to throw the form book out the window, loads of plots get landed in February, unless you know the owners you won't know if they are trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Kauto wrote: »
    Had 100E/W on Rightdownthemiddle when trained by Mulvanny at 20/1 on Friday night in Ladbrokes for a race in Fairyhouse next day. Woman put price on docket for me no bother. Horse won at 5/1 I think. Went to collect they offered me SP.
    Got in contact with Hayley o'Connor who worked for them at the time and she sorted payment. Any threat of bad publicity they pay immediately.

So they allowed you to have a bet with potential winnings of €2.5kish on some low quality Irish race at overnight prices?
    And you're calling others mug punters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

There needs to be more regulation to protect the customer.
    For instance if you put an accumulator where potential winnings is 2.5m , the punters stake should be auto reduced to what the bookies max payout is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

carq wrote: »
    There needs to be more regulation to protect the customer.
    For instance if you put an accumulator where potential winnings is 2.5m , the punters stake should be auto reduced to what the bookies max payout is.

Yes this is exactly what is required and would be so easy to implement online.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    So they allowed you to have a bet with potential winnings of €2.5kish on some low quality Irish race at overnight prices?
    And you're calling others mug punters?

In a shop that i had never visited before. I may be a mug but they weren't to know that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Disgraceful outfit with their pathetic advertising. How they were not held to account when that Tony 10 clown lost that money I will never understand.
    They knew the clown was stealing it. Enough said.

Yea he’s a clown . **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

What worries me more about Tony10 is that the 100% state owned An Post has financial control weaker than a sweet shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Cash out? On PP terms =mug punter

Exactly. Who the **** would cash out on their terms.

Advertisement