Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow/Ice warning: 26 / 27 / 28 Jan 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

US2 wrote: »
    Yet you have 5 or 6 posts in this thread trolling it?

This poster trolls all the time, saying this country is such a kip ect ect. Same stuff spouted all the time.

5° here as I was driving the M50, thought it would be colder. Cold rain fell for a brief few minutes.

Left Kildare at about 8pm it was 4° got to M50 and it was 7° and then dropped down to 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

pauldry wrote: »
    Drove Dublin to Sligo. Temperature went from 5c to 1c from Boyle heavy sleet

Now up to 2.2c

did you go in to gurteen and take the right at the crossroads for ballymote/sligo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: squarecircles, you have made your point loud and clear, you do not think this thread is warrented so do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Snow accumulations now in Meenaroy, Donegal

Won't allow me to post a image

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes very hard to post images on boards. I tried with heavy sleet but said image too big . I thought those days passed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

I never knew snow accumulations stopped people from posting images.... :)

Hope we get something in Dublin between today and tomorrow night or early Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We are looking at a yellow warning (conceivably orange for some counties) for Leinster and northern parts of Munster for snow tomorrow evening/early tomorrow night based on the latest GFS.

An interesting second half of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

We are looking at a yellow warning (conceivably orange) for Leinster and northern parts of Munster for snow tomorrow evening/early tomorrow night based on the latest GFS.

What about Connacht?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

We are looking at a yellow warning (conceivably orange) for Leinster and northern parts of Munster for snow tomorrow evening/early tomorrow night based on the latest GFS.

Can you post a picture of the GFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Any chance of a little chart or something.. #exciteus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Live cam footage of my back garden in Galway for those of you who feel they might missing out.

npiB9VO.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

NW Clare. 1st flash of lightning followed by thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Live cam footage of my back garden in Galway for those of you who feel they might missing out.

npiB9VO.gif

A right slushy slop from westerlies!!!!

Monkeynut wrote: »
    Can you post a picture of the GFS.

It shows a fairly well defined occlusion.

anim_kab3.gif

Temperature and dew point are fine.

27-580UK.GIF?26-18

24-101UK.GIF?26-18

Winds off shore. good, good

27-602UK.GIF?26-18

A fairly decent chance tomorrow evening in the south and east.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

npiB9VO.gif

ah Sure that's probably only in your backgarden in a small section, the rest of Galway is probably green xD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

As Kermit says it's game on for tomorrow evening especially the back edge as the trough clears through!!
    One to watch closely...

HIRLAM model broadly similar, snow fall a little less extensive overall but it's a higher resolution as well. Certainly one to watch for the east and south midlands - over to the mid west as well.

hirlamuk-1-24-0.png?26-22

hirlamuk-1-27-0.png?26-22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

That occlusion is going to turn out to be more of a delusion by the time it arrives;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

TTLF wrote: »
    ah Sure that's probably only in your backgarden in a small section, the rest of Galway is probably green xD
    I've actually seen scenes as good as that from sloppy westerlies!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm

Sherkin 8 degrees
    Roaches point 7 degrees
    Belmullet 6 degrees

Knock 2 degrees
    Athenry 3 degrees
    Claremorris 3 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

HIRLAM model broadly similar, snow fall a little less extensive overall but it's a higher resolution as well. Certainly one to watch for the east and south midlands - over to the mid west as well.

Meanwhile the Arpege having none of it. I've seen the Arpege going against the others many times and turn out to be correct. It will be interesting to see if it falls in line with GFS/Hirlam tomorrow, and if not will it be right again. The timing of late evening/early night would be nice, more chance of getting some snow to stick around for a while at low levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

I dont really care if it doesn't snow in Sligo as long as somewhere gets some... even Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

pauldry wrote: »
    I dont really care if it doesn't snow in Sligo as long as somewhere gets some... even Dublin
    Isn’t it always about Dublin 🀷ðŸ»*♂️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

All very sleety so far it would seem.

Temperatures keeping quite up so far .

Some more sferics near the Kerry coast, had afew big showers here and thought I heard some thunder.

m41bPxL.png

temp_uk_usg9.png

All very sleety so far it would seem.

There will be a lot more pink later in the night particular across Connaught and West Ulster. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There is a tumult of solid precipitation on the roof and windows.. My body is wincing! Oh drat; the cat was yelling to come in.. hope he found shelter

When it eases will venture to see what it was ;) Made me jump though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lovely night outside here. Totally clear but just enough of a breeze to keep the cars frost-free.

Regarding soundings for tomorrow night, GFS says yes (just), ARPEGE says no. I think somewhere in between will be the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Graces7 wrote: »
    There is a tumult of solid precipitation on the roof and windows.. My body is wincing! Oh drat; the cat was yelling to come in.. hope he found shelter

When it eases will venture to see what it was ;) Made me jump though...

Would ya not have let the poor divil in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OH MY!

Small snowdrift up against the door!!!!!!! A couple of inches!!!!!!!!!!!!and a good smattering along the drive.. Could not get to the gate as it is too ****** slippery!

west mayo offshore

Advertisement