Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 24 transfer thread - Tripool up time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    The obvious reason for not taking Aguero off is because he intends resting him for the next game!

Nothing to do with them losing?

He scored in the 80th plus minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Might reverse my Grealish > Sarr transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 3 pool so got Holgate in for Montoya

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I often think that is something that could be a littler fairer in the game, i.e. no price rises until all games in a GW have been played.
    Nah that adds to the game. Do you buy him now at 12.2 and gamble that he’s gonna get through tomorrow okay, or pay the extra to make sure he doesnt get injured tomorrow. Plenty of risk taking players will take the gamble, more conservative players will wait to see

Tosun in, Ings out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Tosun in, Ings out

OK I'll bite. I'm a bit behind with MOTD, and I know you've an aggressive style but why now/tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

Is this the only double game week for Liverpool or is there anything down the line? Trying to decide to use my triple captain or not

ElTel wrote: »
    OK I'll bite. I'm a bit behind with MOTD, and I know you've an aggressive style but why now/tonight?

Honestly, my gut has been on point the last while but I’ve failed to fully pull through on it.

3 of his next 4 fixtures are home to Soton, Sheff U & Newcastle.

I rated him highly before Everton & Palacd love crosses, his style.

Genuinely I didn’t fancy Ings but ended up with him out of fear.

Ings has 2 tough fixtures next & there was talk by Hassenhutel he’d be rested either today or Tuesday.

Tosun Parrrttyy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Honestly, my gut has been on point the last while but I’ve failed to fully pull through on it.

Ings has 2 tough fixtures next & there was talk by Hassenhutel he’d be rested either today or Tuesday.

Tosun Parrrttyy

While I think you’re wrong dropping Ings, have you looked at his fixtures?, but I do like the Tosun call, I might look at dropping Jimi for him. Palace has savage fixtures

Green&Red wrote: »
    While I think you’re wrong dropping Ings, have you looked at his fixtures?, but I do like the Tosun call, I might look at dropping Jimi for him. Palace has savage fixtures

Yes I have & they only turn after the next 2 GW’s. I think he doesn’t start midweek & then he plays Liverpool.

Hopefully the Tosun call works out in this time & then I’ve a tough call to make then, do I revert back.

It’s much easier call to make now as I’m not fancying Ings over next 2 & I’ve never had him in the glory days

• Advertisement

I wonder would Palace buy Bolasie back and we could have the double up?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    I wonder would Palace buy Bolasie back and we could have the double up?

I wonder if zaha is going to annoy the hole of me and go on a scoring run now I’m finally rid of him

Is this the only double game week for Liverpool or is there anything down the line? Trying to decide to use my triple captain or not

Progression in the FA Cup will bring a blank GW and hence a further DGW down the line.

We have a dedicated thread for it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112292778#post112292778

The gap between the games this GW makes the TC appealing assuming the main guys are rested for FA cup next weekend even though both matches are away.

Ben Crellin (his twitter account has more on future DGWs) has a nice free resource.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zKXCX4BoizwHdARVHbIYNvZr7GcE0QBNqktUiFtsjg8/edit#gid=235097724

The CC Final is in GW28 so City and Vardy (say) will have a future double.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yes I have & they only turn after the next 2 GW’s. I think he doesn’t start midweek & then he plays Liverpool.

Hopefully the Tosun call works out in this time & then I’ve a tough call to make then, do I revert back.

It’s much easier call to make now as I’m not fancying Ings over next 2 & I’ve never had him in the glory days

It's also more fun owning players who are not highly owned. 4 of my starting 11 have less than 2.5% Top 10k EO, and my bench are all less than 0.5%, one of which got a CS, and the other a goal.

km79 wrote: »
    I wonder if zaha is going to annoy the hole of me and go on a scoring run now I’m finally rid of him

Obvs

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's also more fun owning players who are not highly owned. 4 of my starting 11 have less than 2.5% Top 10k EO, and my bench are all less than 0.5%, one of which got a CS, and the other a goal.

Yes, I’m looking to on a rank jumping spree :)

Tosun Parrrttyy

I get the reasoning. You could have waited 'till tomo or Monday.
    Style of play is such a big thing I think. I'm hit averse; took one hit all season a -8 in GW4 and WC'ed late. I hate value drops (even my FT Rico to Stephens cost me 1pt this week) but I don't mind paying .1M more for a player.

If Mo outscores Vardy (and Mane) tomo I'll be happy.

Not sure what I'm getting at and I'm off topic...a transfer analysis thread (like the guys and gals who monitor their TV) but again my style is onwards. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Don’t think Salah will outscore Mane in DGW....my triple are VVD,Trent Alex and Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Already have triple Pool so I might bank..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

A poll on treble captain would be interesting.
    My main headache is who to captain. Currently have Robertson and Salah will add either Taa or mane I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Gone Vardy to Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Sterling and Rico out. Salah and Tanganga in. Lost 0.1m on Sterling seconds before clicking the confirm transfers button! Would’ve liked Williams instead of Tanganga but maybe he’ll be a blessing in disguise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will you bench Tosun against Everton? He's ineligible for that game I think.

Will you bench Tosun against Everton? He's ineligible for that game I think.

Will play Fleck v Bournemouth and Sarr v Brighton as my 6th & 7th attackers or I might revert back to Ings if he scores in other 2 games & Tosun blanks in both

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will play Fleck v Bournemouth and Sarr v Brighton as my 6th & 7th attackers or I might revert back to Ings if he scores in other 2 games & Tosun blanks in both

Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully Sarr injury isn't serious, have enjoyed watching him the last few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully Sarr injury isn't serious, have enjoyed watching him the last few games.

Yeah him and Delafaou are great to watch at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

I'm looking for a forward at 6.8 max.

The best options there look like Pukki, Deulofeu, DCL or Maupay. Any thoughts? I haven't seen any of them play recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

elefant wrote: »

The best options there look like Pukki, Deulofeu, DCL or Maupay. Any thoughts? I haven't seen any of them play recently.

Would you consider a punt on Haller with the double game?

Edit: scratch that, he’s actually 7.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

elefant wrote: »

All of them have been having spells of short runs of form.

Me personally I would deulofeu or pukki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Thinking kun/Alli out to bring in Salah/ings so I can triple captain Salah. Holding off until after today's game to make sure Salah doesnt get injured after I transfer him.

WC then week after to bring kun back & make a couple of other squad changes

Advertisement