Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 24 transfer thread - Tripool up time.

• 18-01-2020 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Not long to decide this week. Guessing it's going to be TAA and two of Robo, Salah, Mane or Firmino for everyone?

I'd like to go with Salah & Mane but don't think I can get there without selling KDB so think I'll have to settle with Firmino or Robertsom which is a lot easier to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Already have triple Pool so unless something goes array I'll bank it.

Noble could be a dgw gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I always like to have a random underdog in a double even if they only end up getting 4 points it's not the end of the world! Just makes the second match that bit more entertaining for the dgw match in a week like this. Anderson could be a fun one to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Already have salah, mane, taa and noble.

Might see how Randolph gets on this week if he plays

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I'll be adding Gomez. Can't afford any other defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Salah in for Maddison, to join TAA and Mane. Have about 7M in the bank in anticipation of this, so Salah will probably get injured tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

dahat wrote: »
    Already have triple Pool so unless something goes array I'll bank it.

Noble could be a dgw gamble.

Ye actually thinking of noble, with traore return and fixtures need change to someone, is on pens and only 5m so can rotate bench afterwards as no other pressing subs and 3 pool already

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

skippy15 wrote: »
    Ye actually thinking of noble, with traore return and fixtures need change to someone, is on pens and only 5m so can rotate bench afterwards as no other pressing subs and 3 pool already

To me hebis worth a punt once a team has no other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Maybe more for benching rather than transfer right before deadline but someone on twitter pointed out there's five games kicking off at the same time on Tuesday, could be worthwhile paying attention in case there's any early team news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Salah in for Maddison, to join TAA and Mane. Have about 7M in the bank in anticipation of this, so Salah will probably get injured tomorrow.

That money is now pretty useful. Sarr to Salah instead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone got the loan of a few quid? Sarr to Salah I think. Maybe I should sell a kidney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Half the game seem to be guttng their team to get in TAA, Salah and Mane. I think TAA plus ONE of Salah/Mane and Firmino is the better option. I suspect you'll end up with as many points because the rest of your team will be stronger and if Firmino keeps up his away form then you may even end up ahead. And then you're overall squad is in a much stronger place heading into the rest of the season.

Of course a hat trick each from Salah and Mane and I'll be out of the running in every league I'm in. This week could break many players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

touts wrote: »
    Half the game seem to be guttng their team to get in TAA, Salah and Mane. I think TAA plus ONE of Salah/Mane and Firmino is the better option. I suspect you'll end up with as many points because the rest of your team will be stronger and if Firmino keeps up his away form then you may even end up ahead. And then you're overall squad is in a much stronger place heading into the rest of the season.

Of course a hat trick each from Salah and Mane and I'll be out of the running in every league I'm in. This week could break many players.

Agreed. I'm resigned to no midfield double up now. Just too hard to justify ripping the team up vs comfortably getting Robertson or Firmino on. I'd prefer to go in with one of them than take a hit to get in Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Noble in for Cantwell is the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The plan was to sacrifice Aguero to get Salah... Decisions... Will probably do it. Two tricky away games coming up for City and Jesus will likely start one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

All I know is salah better repay all those aguero points :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

touts wrote: »

Origi could get a start though which would be a risk - he has in the past, and given City's slip up today, Klopp could afford to play Origi - the lad does score when he plays like.

The plan was to sacrifice Aguero to get Salah... Decisions... Will probably do it. Two tricky away games coming up for City and Jesus will likely start one of them.

Ah ya can't get rid of Aguero, after 5 goals and an assist in 2 games..., unless you play to reverse to move after GW24?

If Pep wanted to rest him, why not take him off after he scored, instead of Sterling who was rested the last day, I think Aguero will start Tuesday.

Also given Spurs form I wouldn't call that game tricky either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Triple Captain In !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Gotta get Kun in!!

Will Randolph continue in goal do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ah ya can't get rid of Aguero, after 5 goals and an assist in 2 games..., unless you play to reverse to move after GW24?

If Pep wanted to rest him, why not take him off after he scored, instead of Sterling who was rested the last day, I think Aguero will start Tuesday.

Also given Spurs form I wouldn't call that game tricky either.

I just think Salah will outscore him with the extra game. Aguero has never been as prolific away from home either and I wouldn't be captaining him for the next two weeks. Salah's fixtures after the dgwk are also better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have the FPL Genius extension, it's telling me to sell Aguero, no chance.

2 FTs for next week - Waiting on official Rashford info.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've just about enough to sell Maddison & Abraham for Mane & Ayew at a cost of a -4. Think I'll go for it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Triple Captain In !!

Thought you were going to BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thought you were going to BB?

Nope, I low balled my bench in the end in case I needed to wiggle. Hayden for Fleck.

No way Hayden scores 2 weeks in a row :)

Gotta love how Salah his going up tonight, but plays tomorrow - the scenes if he got injured tomorrow and folk bring him in tonight.

I often think that is something that could be a littler fairer in the game, i.e. no price rises until all games in a GW have been played.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gotta love how Salah his going up tonight, but plays tomorrow - the scenes if he got injured tomorrow and folk bring him in tonight.

I often think that is something that could be a littler fairer in the game, i.e. no price rises until all games in a GW have been played.

This may seem ridiculous to us lot who are hooked on FPL but there are thousands of people out there who have transferred in Salah today who genuinely think they'll be getting his points tomorrow.

And I'm definitely behind a lot of them in the rankings which is the crazy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I set myself up with the funds to bring in Salah this week (by dropping Traore which was a disaster!). Only question is should I act on that tonight before his price rise and run the risk of an injury tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

The obvious reason for not taking Aguero off is because he intends resting him for the next game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ugh I have a Sterling shaped hole to fill

Gomez, Mane and Salah (free) or TAA (minus 4)

Edit. Salah in and TC **** it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    The obvious reason for not taking Aguero off is because he intends resting him for the next game!

So that's three games for Kun in the next 5 GWs and five for Firmino. :pac: :)

Advertisement