Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone Sat Jan 18th (See first post)

Options
  • 14-01-2020 2:07am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for discussion of the UFC 246 Event card only.

The usual rules regarding the discussion about McGregor apply here the same as in the McGregor thread - if you are unsure of those familiarise yourself here

If you are just dropping in to give your 2 cents on McGregor and have no interest in the fight or the card I suggest you turn around and don't post and save yourself a likely card or ban...this is an MMA forum discussion here is about MMA.

The thread will be opened at the weekend for the card - all other discussion can continue in the other thread until then.

Who will win McGregor vs Cerrone 97 votes

McGregor via KO/TKO
    0%
    McGregor via Submission
    63%
    com7alanc20034-ageNaked LepperpaulosmailburnerTheMilkyPirateVertigo100clarkey1980Ballymun Bohsdavywalsh7magic_murphRoryMacSRFC90Axwelljaggedpetejmk0ph0rce0GiftofGabsimongurnick 62 votes
    McGregor via Decision
    1%
    Gremlinertia 1 vote
    Cerrone via KO/TKO
    5%
    SkySterko4jm6y9iwv2lcqwabercdLefty BicekAMG1988 5 votes
    Cerrone via Submission
    16%
    ChongiggyMagown3califanoLuckycharms_74CatFromHueTurkish1niallamcapefearEncrypted PigeonHoboomedi_baipgj2015tipp_tipp_tippThelonious MonkTuff Gong 16 votes
    Cerrone via Decision
    13%
    MyPeopleDrankTheSoupshrapnel222bluemachaveliL1m1tlessrobertpattersoneurokevGOOSEPAUL[Deleted User]froogHillFarmerliamo77[Deleted User]PyreOfHellfire 13 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi2hD7k20uFGT79Uf4YdhscfBCQ_ESzBCEucB2xA5pl_2wmNQ-&s

Main card on BT Sport Box Office from 3am

Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone (Welterweight - fight expected to start around 5am)
    Holly Holm vs Raquel Pennington (Women's Bantamweight)
    Aleksei Oleinik vs Maurice Greene (Heavyweight)
    Claudia Gadelha vs Alexa Grasso (Women's Strawweight)
    Anthony Pettis vs Carlos Diego Ferreira (Lightweight)

Prelims (BT Sport from 1am)

Roxanne Modafferi vs Maycee Barber (Women's Flyweight)
    Andre Fili vs Sodiq Yusuff (Featherweight)
    Drew Dober vs Nasrat Haqparast (Lightweight)
    Chas Skelly vs Grant Dawson (Featherweight)

Early prelims (UFC Fight Pass from 11.30pm)

Sabina Mazo vs JJ Aldrich (Women's Flyweight)
    Tim Elliott vs Askar Askarov (Flyweight)
    Brian Kelleher vs Ode Osbourne (Bantamweight)
    Aleksa Camur vs Justin Ledet (Light Heavyweight)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

McGregor via Submission
    Absolutely no discussion on IPTV or illegal streams

Consider this the one and only warning - there will be absolutely no nonsense tolerated here, you are all more than well aware of the rules, the charter and how things are regarding McGregor on here.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

What time does...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

grasso v gadelha cancelled due to grasso, being 5lbs over, was announced hours ago, just in case nobody seen it or cares.

edit: kelleher v osbourne bumped up to main card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor via Submission
    Decent promo ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Cerrone via Decision
    This is just a fight night tbh. Very ordinary card. Ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

McGregor via Submission
    Worst fight card on paper since Ufc 208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Awful cringe, that's actually quite annoyed me. Would love him to get absolutely battered tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

McGregor via Submission
    Awful cringe, that's actually quite annoyed me. Would love him to get absolutely battered tonight.

Not going to happen since Cowboy is the opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Is this seriously €30 on Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Cerrone via Decision
    little interest in any of the other fights. won't be staying up for this.

Cerrone via Decision
    Is this seriously €30 on Sky?

Free on bt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Soups123

Free on bt

It’s €30 BT box office

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Only in Ireland would you have the biggest MMA star of all time from your own country , coming back after a very long hiatus and all the legal stuff going on when there was a chance he might never fight again and people giving out about the rest of the fight card . We really are a bunch of miserable bastards aren’t we :)

We will probably never have another fighter from this island come anywhere close to what Conor can do and has done but nearly every person I have talked to say the undercard is weak and moaning about the 30 euro price . Even though a McGregor fight is always a great fight with plenty of action . If your an irish MMA can you should not be moaning about any of that stuff and should be looking forward to tonight .

Of course if it the outside stuff has put you off I would understand but don’t feckin moan about undercards .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gonad wrote: »
    Only in Ireland would you have the biggest MMA star of all time from your own country , coming back after a very long hiatus and all the legal stuff going on when there was a chance he might never fight again and people giving out about the rest of the fight card . We really are a bunch of miserable bastards aren’t we :)

We will probably never have another fighter from this island come anywhere close to what Conor can do and has done but nearly every person I have talked to say the undercard is weak and moaning about the 30 euro price . Even though a McGregor fight is always a great fight with plenty of action . If your an irish MMA can you shout not be moaning about any of that stuff and should be looking forward to tonight.

Of course if it the outside stuff has put you off I would understand but don’t feckin moan about undercards .

What are you on about? People on this forum are fans of UFC and MMA - We want good cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

callaway92 wrote: »
    What are you on about? People on this forum are fans of UFC and MMA - We want good cards

I don’t mean on this forum only , I mean I general .

The amount of people giving out about the undercard and price of the event yet they are the same people who have paid the same amount for plenty of other MMA and boxing events that ended up being borefests, this card could end up being brilliant by the end of the night .

At least with Conor you know it’s going to be action and he only happens to be the biggest name in combat sports and he he only happens to be from our own country . It’s just typical Irish people really. Look for any reason to whinge .

Cerrone via Decision
    Soups123 wrote: »
    It’s €30 BT box office

Oops, hadn't realised. Will be watching tomorrow anyway. No way I'm staying up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

I’m on Virgin Media...can I watch this fight on my telly and if so how?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

McGregor via Submission
    its a PPV event so no matter who you are with you will need to pay the 30quid.

I think 30quid for the quality of this card is expensive but when you consider you many UFC events we get for free a year its worth paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

McGregor via Submission
    That makes no sense, this product isn't worth 30 but pay the 30 because you get other products for the price of your subscription that are overall of superior quality.........which you will get whether you give them the 30 for this or not.... Just watch it illegally, it isn't a ppv quality card and no way in hell will I be paying for it anyway.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

All the giving out about the poor quality of the undercard actually highlights how spoiled we are as MMA fans and what an amazing product the UFC offer on such a regular basis.

In comparison I can't remember the last time a big boxing event had more than 2 fights on it that I was really interested in watching. Usually one, maybe two big fights and the rest full of young prospects padding their records against journeymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

its a PPV event so no matter who you are with you will need to pay the 30quid.

I think 30quid for the quality of this card is expensive but when you consider you many UFC events we get for free a year its worth paying.

I know, but I’m just not sure how to go about it

Cerrone via Decision
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    All the giving out about the poor quality of the undercard actually highlights how spoiled we are as MMA fans and what an amazing product the UFC offer on such a regular basis.

In comparison I can't remember the last time a big boxing event had more than 2 fights on it that I was really interested in watching. Usually one, maybe two big fights and the rest full of young prospects padding their records against journeymen.

Plenty of fight night cards are awesome. This is a poor fight night card, even by their standard. It's only a ufc numbered event because of Connor, which is ridiculous. Sad thing is, They couldn't even be bothered to put together a decent card to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Not going to happen since Cowboy is the opponent.

Not sure about this at all to be honest. I think a lot of people are sleeping on Cowboy. Yes he is in the twilight of his career and somewhat of a gatekeeper but he is still an elite well rounded fighter with unrivaled experience to call upon. He is in the weight class that suits him best, is coming into this with zero pressure as most people expect him to lose and thus he has licence to simply go out there and have a great time. That all adds up to a very dangerous man imo.

I believe that prime CM beats him 9 times out of 10, but after the last fight I have my doubts about whether McGregor is now past his prime or not. Its also really a no win situation for him - beat Cowboy and it will no big deal because he is the big favourite. Lose and it will be a massive blow to his status and ambitions.

lets see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I don't want to write Cerrone off but he's hardly convincing with his "happy to be there" vibe he's been giving off all week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement