Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 246 McGregor vs Cerrone Sat Jan 18th (See first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

McGregor via Submission
    Macdarack wrote: »
    Cowboy is a dead beat, his record is hardly a reflection of the fighter he is now, man united have a great record, is that any good to them these days?
    OK it's a tune up fight but he gets no credit for beating the already beaten cowboy.
    Interesting year for Mc gregor if he sticks to going to bed early and getting up early and saying his prayers . I'd love to see a 100 %mc gregor going at Khabib at the next year with a couple of real fights leading up to it.

You've seen a 100% McGregor going at Khabib.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor via Submission
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Is Pettis decent value tonight?

He has only lost to top notch guys really.

Seems nicely priced to me. I had a little bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

McGregor via Submission
    You've seen a 100% McGregor going at Khabib.

Negative, He wasn't at the races back then. I'm sure most people would agree including himself and kavanagh if their recent Helwani interviews are to be believed.
    You reckon he was 100% for that fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭The White Feather

McGregor via Submission
    Joe Dirt lost the first round there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Love Tim Elliot but he needs to stop going to Theo Von's barber

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Negative, He wasn't at the races back then. I'm sure most people would agree including himself and kavanagh if their recent Helwani interviews are to be believed.
    You reckon he was 100% for that fight?

Absolutely. He came in, swung, got taken down and Khabib did what he does. That Khabib rocked him with the overhand was the only thing surprising in that fight. People will always make excuses when they lose, or will do the humble brag version of it and let others make excuses for them while saying they don't make any excuses :) It wouldn't be the first time the McGregor camp has done that either.

You don't get to where he has without fully believing you are the best either btw so its not a major criticism or anything unusual for him to actually believe he wasn't "right" for that fight and if he was that it would have been different. Maybe I am wrong but I have seen nothing to suggest anything was off with his game that night, it just didn't work. Khabib may not have a pretty style, but it is one hell of a dominant style.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Cerrone via Decision
    Absolutely. He came in, swung, got taken down and Khabib did what he does. That Khabib rocked him with the overhand was the only thing surprising in that fight. People will always make excuses when they lose, or will do the humble brag version of it and let others make excuses for them while saying they don't make any excuses :) It wouldn't be the first time the McGregor camp has done that either.

You don't get to where he has without fully believing you are the best either btw so its not a major criticism or anything unusual for him to actually believe he wasn't "right" for that fight and if he was that it would have been different. Maybe I am wrong but I have seen nothing to suggest anything was off with his game that night, it just didn't work. Khabib may not have a pretty style, but it is one hell of a dominant style.

He was drinking his whiskey a few days before the fight at the presser and on a coke binge for weeks on end just before the fight got signed. I'm looking forward to cowboy kicking the face of the scumbag but he was clearly not at the races that night. It doesn't really matter though, even if he was 100% going into the khabib fight he still would have got manhandled badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

McGregor via Submission
    fun fight

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

McGregor via Submission

MC g is stone mad for the rematch, why so, hardly for the money? He knows he was acting the maggot training wise and rested on his laurels pre Khabib fight. He'd hardly go through a hiding again knowing he hasn't a chance.
    He does reckon he'd take Mayweather second time round , now that's fantasy talk right there.

McGregor via Submission
    He was drinking his whiskey a few days before the fight at the presser and on a coke binge for weeks on end just before the fight got signed. I'm looking forward to cowboy kicking the face of the scumbag but he was clearly not at the races that night. It doesn't really matter though, even if he was 100% going into the khabib fight he still would have got manhandled badly.

Oh I know the speculation and all that, the whiskey thing wouldn't actually be a big deal at that point but look if people want to believe he wasn't 100% going in to the fight thats fine. That happens too, it doesn't actually matter either way and is pretty impossible to prove. Khabib beats McGregor 10/10 if the fight goes beyond 2 minutes every time imo. As Joe Rogan said,
    “He’s the most terrifying lightweight contender in the world,” and “he’s just on such another level [of grappling] that the odds of beating him drop significantly after the first minute-and-a-half.”

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Joe Dirt will need a reboot after that loss!

McGregor via Submission
    MC g is stone mad for the rematch, why so, hardly for the money? He knows he was acting the maggot training wise and rested on his laurels pre Khabib fight. He'd hardly go through a hiding again knowing he hasn't a chance.
    He does reckon he'd take Mayweather second time round , now that's fantasy talk right there.

Like I already said, he most likely fully believes he will win, on both counts. That's the mindset of champions. Doesn't have to be rational.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Really good fight this. Both coming out strong.

"It's time to do MMA"

Great advice from Yusuff's corner there

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Anyone do any bets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

Sent you a link in PM

Any chance of the same please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Anyone do any bets ?

I stuck €5 on McGregor by submission - the way he said it in the presser with a wry smile made me do it :D

McGregor via Submission
    Hope Barber flattens Modafferi. I can't stand her but I'm not sure why!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

McGregor needs to make a statement here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

McGregor via Submission
    This is brutal stuff :pac:

• Advertisement

"She's got a partial ACL tear, she's fine"

:pac: :pac:

McGregor via Submission
    Its a pity Barbers Knee is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Cerrone via Decision
    I have to say, Cowboy looked a lot more stylish than Conor throughout the week.

Love how the promo conveniently lashes out the, quite large, bit where Conor got eaten alive by Khabib!

Cerrone via Decision
    Was thinking about putting money on Roxy and Cowboy in a double for the laugh considering the massive odds on both. Sickened I didn't do it now because Cowboy will defintely sub Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

MrStuffins wrote: »
    "She's got a partial ACL tear, she's fine"

:pac: :pac:

Such a bizarre statement. Wtf like.

1/9 shot turned over badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor via Submission
    Felder is good on the mic

Had no feelings on this fight one way or another, but Diego's kid was the MVP of the weigh-ins yesterday so I'm pulling for him! :pac:

• Advertisement

McGregor via Submission
    Come on Showtime!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement