Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Election 2020 - Carlow/Kilkenny. See Mod Note in post 1

• 14-01-2020 1:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭

At the time of writing, bar a few independents that will likely come along. These are the candidates in Carlow/Kilkenny for the February 8th election

Who is getting your number 1?

MOD NOTE:
    Lets keep it civil and on-topic. No name-calling or other childish carry-on.
    Be aware of libelous comments - big claims require big evidence!

If you are in any way involved with the local candidates or political parties you must declare this before you engage in the discussion.

Any misbehaviour will be dealt with swiftly and without further warning.

Who will get your Number 1? 85 votes

Aylward, Bobby (Fianna Fail)
    55% 47 votes
    Deering, Pat (Fine Gael)
    5% 5 votes
    Funchion, Kathleen (Sinn Fein)
    5% 5 votes
    Hynes, Denis (Labour)
    10% 9 votes
    McGuinness, John (Fianna Fail)
    3% 3 votes
    Murnane O'Connor, Jennifer (Fianna Fail)
    1% 1 vote
    Noonan, Malcolm (Green Party)
    1% 1 vote
    O'Neill, Melissa (Irish Freedom Party)
    8% 7 votes
    O'Neill, Patrick (Fine Gael)
    1% 1 vote
    Phelan, John Paul (Fine Gael)
    0% 0 votes
    Wallace, Adrienne (People Before Profit)
    5% 5 votes
    Other
    1% 1 vote
    Spoiled Vote
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Notmything

Oh god, really is a shallow pool to choose from. Probably go fg 1,2,3 but cannot see myself giving any preference to the greens, sf, or far lefties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭griffin100

Murnane O’Connor was quick of the mark today, she called to my house this evening. Whoever is doing her posters deserves an award for their airbrushing skills, she looks like the mother of the person on the posters when met in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Pretty poor group in fairness. I dont know who gets number one yet. One think I know is Carlow needs somebody even if it is deering again. The one think I would say about O Connor, she speaks alot about Carlow and would show up at the opening of an envelope. But would she be better than Deering??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,474 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Why have we such desperate candidates here? They’re all ranging from atrocious to mediocre at best.
    The incumbents are the laziest, most inept church mice we’ve had in years. No new energy or vision for the constituency whatsoever. A very poor field indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

*scans list*

All I see are parties who want to tax me more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Carlow based ones are terrible with Deering being the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

griffin100 wrote: »
    Murnane O’Connor was quick of the mark today, she called to my house this evening. Whoever is doing her posters deserves an award for their airbrushing skills, she looks like the mother of the person on the posters when met in real life.

Her new office on Tullow St.'s running alongside her old/current one at Bagenal Ct.

She opened it just before Christmas; guess she wanted a prominent location in run up to a G.E.; **think** it's owned by Dinn Ri company or a tangent of same?

Fianna Fail on the door but the huge window or sign over both door & window???? No sign of the FF name or logo......

While I share some social issues with Cllr. Wallace her behaviour & those of her mob in Summer 2017 & Summer 2018 at those homeless/eviction protests mean I wouldn't vote for her if only name on paper; she doesn't transfer to Kilkenny which is a big county in itself & is why Bobby & John split things; it's why Cllr. Patk. O'Neill & JP will do so too.

Wallace is their only candidate almost by default; there's really nobody else in the party & I doubt much need for a selection convention.

During Locals in May her buddy (CC Lecturer too) also ran in Kilkenny; both come across as simply Playing Politics; lifetime activists; against this, against that & not very often in favour of much; the PBP way.

Am Voting 1 Cllr. Malcolm Noonan; he's been banging the Green drum since long before he was 1st Elected in 2004 & has been consistently on side of issues I agree with across the constituency & nationally; the GP get flak over the 1 Village 1 Car quote which I think was taken out of context and far too literally; the vegan & indeed vegetarian thing is poo-poo'ed far too easily too; yet we could all do with eating more (fruit and) veg; this doesn't have to by association mean reducing our meat intake.

As for ex Co. Cllr. Melissa O'Neill running for IFP? Give me strength; ran in Co. Waterford & Co. Kilkenny in May; failed in one, lost seat in other; then thought she'd chance her arm in Co. Wexford Bye-Election; how many times does it have to take for her to understand people're saying no?

Kathleen Funchions seat is in danger for sure; that's where Sen. Murnane might make ground; SF lost all their Cllrs. bar one in the constituency in May & they repeated this across the constituency; bar Cllr. Mark Ward making gains in Dub. West/NW Bye-Election in November, they've also haemmoraged TDs since 2016 incl. big vote getters like Peadar Toibín & to a lesser extent Carol Nolan in Laois Offaly; formerly it was just Offaly mind so she mightn't hold her seat s a result since she's gone Ind. Gerry Adams & Martin Ferris are also bowing out & so's Jonathan O'Brien in Cork; they'll struggle to get those sort of figures in those seats & for Mark Ward he's going up against Eoin O'Broin who's a shoe-in; SF are playing a dangerous game running both.

Could end up being 3 FF, 2 FG but I hope for 1 GP & then maybe it'll go 2 FF & 2 FG; chances of McGuinness losing his seat're too slim sadly.

One thing on the "Other" option there; candidates've about another week to lodge papers I think?

Now by now if you're not out on the doors you're at nothing & most've been canvassing in some shape or form since last Summer; Cllr. Wallace declared herself as early as Nov. 2017.

But might the Renua & Aontú LEA candidates who ran in Tullow & Carlow respectively go in a General Election?

Think they might be better off not; doubt the parties've the finances & as they're both teachers the time to canvass will be limited too.

I think the Labour guy Hynes from Goresbridge will do well. He straddles both counties in an area with a strong labour tradition. He polled surprisingly very well in the locals and comfortably took a first time Council seat- a definite dark horse, is affable but fishing of course in the same pond as Murnane, Funchion and Mcguinness for that vote

• Advertisement

Problem for Sinn Fein is the IRA legacy; it's not complete history obviously & very current even if it doesn't feature in the media unless it's an incident like Lyra McKees death.

Problem for Sinn Fein in CW-KK is Kathleen Funchion is one of the most incompetent TDs they've got; in our area she's flattered to deceive when she hasn't the stiffest competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I see two candidates on that list, sitting TDs - John McGuinness and Bobby Aylward who both voted against the holding of the Repeal the 8th referendum. Whilst they are perfectly entitled to hold their own personal views, they were elected to represent their constituents. There was clear evidence that the public wished to have their say again on the matter, one way or the other. And I have full respect for either position on the matter. But given that they tried to stop that referendum, I personally don't think they are fit to represent the people of Carlow/ Kilkenny.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    I see two candidates on that list, sitting TDs - John McGuinness and Bobby Aylward who both voted against the holding of the Repeal the 8th referendum. Whilst they are perfectly entitled to hold their own personal views, they were elected to represent their constituents. There was clear evidence that the public wished to have their say again on the matter, one way or the other. And I have full respect for either position on the matter. But given that they tried to stop that referendum, I personally don't think they are fit to represent the people of Carlow/ Kilkenny.

Thanks Barry; you can add Sen. Murnane O'Connor to that also; she joined her FF TD colleagues in voting against holding of such a referendum no matter that such a vote in the Dail & Seanad was symbolic & perfunctory & not likely to pass due to the numbers in favour of holding it.

Democracy only when it suits certain individuals it seems.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Thanks Barry; you can add Sen. Murnane O'Connor to that also; she joined her FF TD colleagues in voting against holding of such a referendum no matter that such a vote in the Dail & Seanad was symbolic & perfunctory & not likely to pass due to the numbers in favour of holding it.

Democracy only when it suits certain individuals it seems.

Is that correct? Did Jennifer Murnane O'Connor also vote against that the holding of that referendum in the Seanad?

Is that correct? Did Jennifer Murnane O'Connor also vote against that the holding of that referendum in the Seanad?

Not only that she stood like a Cheshire Cat with 30 other FF deputies in a photo call actively calling for a No vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

I know Jennifer M'OC vaguely, decent person who has made herself very visible in and around Carlow Town in recent times. She appeals to a conservative side of the population and will hoover up a lot of votes as a result. Trouble is she won't get transfers from the 2 Kilkenny FF candidates, that hit her the last time. I know some people have an issue with her on abortion but for many older people that will actually be an attraction.

The Sinn Fein civil war in Carlow will cost Funchion big time. Can't see John Cassin and his cronies out campaigning for her. It'll be interesting where those votes go, will they go left or will they go to Carlow candidate

McGuiness will get in, Deering in a better position this time around again, especially with the boundary changes and that may help Murrane also. I still think hes a bit of an eejit though.

So 2 FF, (McGuiness and Awlyward), 2 FG (Phelan and Deering) and the 5th between Funchion, JMOC and Malcom Greene although it wouldn't take much for one of the FG seats to fall into the mix at the end as well

For those giving out about the candidates and their quality, still a week for you to get your nomination papers in. !!

In relation to the Senator I recently found three posts I'd saved from end of May 2017 about her & the local FF branch/cumann seeking a Social Media Volunteer & with the requirements they were/she was clearly making eyes at the Media & PR course students in the IT.

Quite why Carlow Volunteer Centre carried a political ad for volunteers when, for the initially suggested duration required, 2 hours a week, the Senator could surely've flipping paid them, is beyond me.

Her latest schtick is to post a video from her Tullow St. office about Womens Aid facing potential closure (probably a bit wide of the mark but it's election season so it goes unchecked as such at local level); this is a Senator who didn't attend the Womens Refuge Rally in December & who then posted a comment, hastily edited, about the lack of numbers at the protest.
    She said did you ever wonder why, with a pop. of 25,000 in Carlow town & surrounds there was only around 50 at it (she wasn't one; her non-appearance was being questioned) & went on to say "I believe the people of Carlow have no faith in these type protests".....

No odds up yet on Paddy Powers website for CW-KK but 2016s will be broadly similar.

They were: McGuinness (FF) 1/8 Funchion (SF) 1/7 Bobby Aylward 2/9 John Paul Phelan 2/9 Pat Deering 4/9 David Fitzgerald 4/9 Ann Phelan 11/4 Jennifer Murnane O'Connor 7/2 Patk. McKee 9/2 Malcolm Noonan 12/1 Conor Mac Liam 33/1 Adrienne Wallace 50/1 Noel Walsh 100/1

No David Fitzgerald this time round so I'd swap in Cllr. Malcolm Noonan (GP) there perhaps?

Cllr. Wallaces odds'll change; she wasn't elected back then obviously; she'd ran in Bye-Election 2015 too.

Patk. McKee is gone from political scene completely.

Conor Mac Liam's no longer in politics but still an activist, Noel Walsh is well, Noel.

Ann's gone; does something with water now; it's a semi State body.

But the outgoing TDs will broadly remain same in terms of odds bar Kathleen Funchion & Sen. Murnane; Funchion was a KK Co. Cllr. @ the time, Sen. Murnane was a Carlow Co. Cllr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭fits

McGuiness will get in, Deering in a better position this time around again, especially with the boundary changes and that may help Murrane also. I still think hes a bit of an eejit though.

Have you ever spoken to him? He comes across much better in person than on media.

I’m looking at one of the progressive parties. I think ff/fg need reining in a bit. FG are good with the economy but they need to sort out the housing and health. Climate and public transport are the other big issues for me. I do not know why cars are still being prioritised above all else. Every single county engineer and planner should be made to cycle and take wheelchairs and buggies around our towns and cities.

fits wrote: »
    Have you ever spoken to him? He comes across much better in person than on media.

I’m looking at one of the progressive parties. I think ff/fg need reining in a bit. FG are good with the economy but they need to sort out the housing and health. Climate and public transport are the other big issues for me. I do not know why cars are still being prioritised above all else. Every single county engineer and planner should be made to cycle and take wheelchairs and buggies around our towns and cities.

Without a good economy and strong tax revenue we will never ever solve those issues- remember that.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Without a good economy and strong tax revenue we will never ever solve those issues- remember that.

Well duh !

Well duh !

Great input there- well done.

Great input there- well done.

Ok well either Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael are going to be in power aren’t they. That’s a given. Our vote is proportional representation so one can vote for the kind of government they would like to see in place. For me that’s a party that’s good on economy in coalition with a sensible progressive party. I also consider the particular individuals running. I couldn’t vote for any of the ff candidates in cw kk as I don’t think they are good politicians. SF out also. So I’ll figure it out between the rest.

Helena Byrne of Renua who ran in Tullow LEA has now thrown her hat into the ring to make it 12 candidates.

I know Jennifer M'OC vaguely, decent person who has made herself very visible in and around Carlow Town in recent times. She appeals to a conservative side of the population and will hoover up a lot of votes as a result. Trouble is she won't get transfers from the 2 Kilkenny FF candidates, that hit her the last time. I know some people have an issue with her on abortion but for many older people that will actually be an attraction.

The Sinn Fein civil war in Carlow will cost Funchion big time. Can't see John Cassin and his cronies out campaigning for her. It'll be interesting where those votes go, will they go left or will they go to Carlow candidate

So 2 FF, (McGuiness and Awlyward), 2 FG (Phelan and Deering) and the 5th between Funchion, JMOC and Malcom Greene although it wouldn't take much for one of the FG seats to fall into the mix at the end as well

For those giving out about the candidates and their quality, still a week for you to get your nomination papers in. !!

It's a depressing list of candidates - Hobson's Choice no matter where you look.

Helena Byrne of Renua who ran in Tullow LEA has now thrown her hat into the ring to make it 12 candidates.

Heard her on the radio earlier in the year worried about Carlow Pride- in fairness she backed down once she went on KCLR and highlighted how ridiculous she was being. I’d say extreme conservative tendencies, I’m assuming she was anti 8th repeal by the sounds of her also

It's a depressing list of candidates - Hobson's Choice no matter where you look.

Pretty dismal. Carlow Kilkenny is extremely apolitical and people here tend to potter along with her own lives. Contrast that with places like the west and even Waterford where the electorate seem to expect life altering actions from Dáil Éireann. I think we don’t feel that removed from Dublin so there’s not the same disconnect perhaps

Heard her on the radio earlier in the year worried about Carlow Pride- in fairness she backed down once she went on KCLR and highlighted how ridiculous she was being. I’d say extreme conservative tendencies, I’m assuming she was anti 8th repeal by the sounds of her also

Spot on; Renua are anti Repeal the 8th.

Also she's a video up on her Facebook page (she's two; personal & political) attending one of the Dóchas Protests in past month in support of A***** R**.

(Asterisking her name out but most will know who it is I'm talking about if from Carlow town; just don't know what correct protocol is on naminig people on here who, in theory, aren't in public eye; that said she's not shy of generating her own publicity....)

Her latest schtick is to post a video from her Tullow St. office about Womens Aid facing potential closure (probably a bit wide of the mark but it's election season so it goes unchecked as such at local level); this is a Senator who didn't attend the Womens Refuge Rally in December & who then posted a comment, hastily edited, about the lack of numbers at the protest.

Thats actually also been reported elsewhere, a story about Tusla refusing to recruit a staff member for it and wanting them based in Kilkenny so there is some issue there.

• Advertisement

Yep, I have spoken to him a couple of times, it reinforced my view.

I’m looking at one of the progressive parties. I think ff/fg need reining in a bit.

Agreed but who would you pick out of that bunch above as progressive? At the end of the day, stable government is best for most of us unless you're looking to stir it up on the streets. And that means voting FF or FG, but it's a pretty dismal choice - several seem to have been around for years - the likes of McGuinness & Aylward in particular. I always get the impression looking down the CK ballot paper of a column of grey suits, usually men but at least there might be 4 or 5 women this time, although they all have slim chances.

The progressive parties are labour, social democrats and greens. SF to an extent as well.

Yep, I have spoken to him a couple of times, it reinforced my view.

Ah ok then. I just sat beside him at a social occasion and I found him very astute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Having attended a Carlow funeral recently, I’ve decided that my own death notice will read “no flowers, no politicians please”. I’d really prefer that they did the job I elected them for, rather than turn up at funerals. I mean, how much time can they actually spend addressing issues of concern to the voters when they spend so much time socialising with said voters. It really annoys me!

I don’t pay my taxes to see them hanging around every funeral, sick bed, opening of a new take-away etc. I’d prefer if they cracked on with fighting for resources both locally and nationally such as better medical care, housing, jobs, and generally making our country a better place to live in! End result could be a better quality of life for us and them.

Rant over....

Cllr. Noonan (Green Party) is having the Carlow side of his constituency campaign launch in Seven Oaks next Wednesday the 22nd of January @ 7pm > https://www.facebook.com/votemalcolmnoonan1/photos/a.458101344365719/1492550627587447/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement

Cllr. Noonan (Green Party) is having the Carlow side of his constituency campaign launch in Seven Oaks next Wednesday the 22nd of January @ 7pm > https://www.facebook.com/votemalcolmnoonan1/photos/a.458101344365719/1492550627587447/?type=3&theater

Riveting stuff. Will they be peddling there or blown in via wind energy?

Thats actually also been reported elsewhere, a story about Tusla refusing to recruit a staff member for it and wanting them based in Kilkenny so there is some issue there.

Think it’s based with the Amber refuge covering Carlow. Saw an as on the Kk people this week. Unfortunately hard to get Duplicate govt services in both as they are so close to eachother

I see JenJen is in a social media spat with the Carlow women’s refuge campaign (one of Wallace’s pet causes of course). Accusing them of doctoring comments she made that have been screenshot. Quite an accusation to make if not true ?

Delighted SF lost so many local cllrs, they were living in a fools paradise there for a few years. As they proved how useless they were once in. Funchion should struggle big time as a result both in Carlow and Kilkenny. Was a very poor reflection on her as a “politician” that she couldn’t help maintain council seats locally. I find her appallingly poor, desperate grammar and extremely low grasp of anything remotely complicated. Her go to script is childcare and the many problems there (just don’t expect solutions!).

The progressive parties are labour, social democrats and greens. SF to an extent as well.

Progressive? Dunno - from a rural dwellers POV, the Greens want to make our daily cost of living far higher. They wish to foist giant industrial wind machines on the landscape, having opposed the scars of mining (that's how Mary White got elected). Is that progress?

The Social Democrats are a party of two TDs, their other TD defected to FF.. Quite possible they won't have any seats in a month. Split of Labour.

Sinn Féin - FF/FG on green steroids, nationalism with a left wing veneer.

Labour - the oldest party, middle of the road. Hard to identify exactly how they'd run the state as they've never had a majority. I suppose given they're likely to be still around and similar to the SDs, they're the most votable of that lot?

• Advertisement

Funchion should struggle big time as a result both in Carlow and Kilkenny. Was a very poor reflection on her as a “politician” that she couldn’t help maintain council seats locally. I find her appallingly poor, desperate grammar and extremely low grasp of anything remotely complicated. Her go to script is childcare and the many problems there (just don’t expect solutions!).

I've heard very little of her since the last election, does she do anything? Waste of a vote. Could say the same for Aylward and probably Deering too.

McGuinness is a me féiner, a showman that likes to raise his profile at any opportunity even by going against the party leadership when it suits. But he has a public presence and to some extent I think Phelan does too.

I've heard very little of her since the last election, does she do anything? Waste of a vote. Could say the same for Aylward and probably Deering too.

McGuinness is a me féiner, a showman that likes to raise his profile at any opportunity even by going against the party leadership when it suits. But he has a public presence and to some extent I think Phelan does too.

Yes one worse than the next but she’s the pits. McGuinness is an attention seeking clown - any populist topic he’ll be on it. Nothing progressive to offer sadly

Yes one worse than the next but she’s the pits. McGuinness is an attention seeking clown - any populist topic he’ll be on it. Nothing progressive to offer sadly

I have zero time for mcguinness. He’d love to go further down the populist road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Progressive? Dunno - from a rural dwellers POV, the Greens want to make our daily cost of living far higher. They wish to foist giant industrial wind machines on the landscape, having opposed the scars of mining (that's how Mary White got elected). Is that progress?

Planet's dying Barry. Not sure if you're aware.

And slapping taxes on everything is going to change that is it?

I hope this is sarcasm.

2012 was a hollywood apocalypse B-movie, not a documentary.

How many times have fringe lunatics predicted the end of the earth? Greens are no different.

Green policies negatively impact the poorest of society. First sniff of a post-Brexit recession and they'll be consigned to the eco-friendly compost heap, where they belong.

I hope this is sarcasm.

How many times have fringe lunatics predicted the end of the earth? Greens are no different.

Green policies negatively impact the poorest of society. First sniff of a post-Brexit recession and they'll be consigned to the eco-friendly compost heap, where they belong.

Absolutely- poor people always bare the brunt of eco mania- carbon taxes being the prime example. Not many on a State pension or min wage can afford an electric car - the tax breaks benefit the well off in the main. Same with domestic fuel and heating. Irish greens are an elite centred on south Dublin Talking down to the rest of us.

Absolutely- poor people always bare the brunt of eco mania- carbon taxes being the prime example. Not many on a State pension or min wage can afford an electric car - the tax breaks benefit the well off in the main. Same with domestic fuel and heating. Irish greens are an elite centred on south Dublin Talking down to the rest of us.

I remember how thoughtful and virtuous they thought they were, when they banned those horrid bedsits. Typical arrogant and patronizing Greens, thinking they could just ban something they looked down on and wanted wiped off the face of the earth. It was a disastrous policy for single people on low incomes. it was a disaster for the landlords who had to evict their tenants and sell up, or retrofit each flat with a separate bathroom and heating system. It also meant those people had to move out to the suburbs and get dirty diesel buses back into the city.

Minimum size apartments. A-rated homes. Carbon taxes. Height restrictions on apartment blocks. All of this sh*te adds tens of thousands to the price of a starter home for a working person. Many low income workers are now priced out of cities, pushed out to commuter counties, or stuck renting into their thirties, and the councils can't afford to build these A-rated houses in bulk either. So now we have a lucky few in A rated homes, and many other poor people stuck on housing lists, all because building a brand new C or D rated social house is literally killing the planet

The Greens, and their fans in FG/FF are destroying social mobility, by destroying affordability.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

So because a Hollywood apocalypse B-movie which wasn't a documentary predicted the end of the world in 2012, you're going to ignore all the productions about climate change and its effects that are documentaries and label 97% of scientists in the field as fringe lunatics? :eek:

Tea Shock wrote: »
    So because a Hollywood apocalypse B-movie which wasn't a documentary predicted the end of the world in 2012, you're going to ignore all the productions about climate change and its effects that are documentaries and label 97% of scientists in the field as fringe lunatics? :eek:

97% of scientists said the planet is dying? Give me a break :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for global warming, Ireland would still be under 1km of ice.

The only thing dying is the lower middle class. Taxed out of existence.

If we took the Greens economic philosophy and applied it to phone ownership, we'd all have to buy the latest iPhones. Cheaper models would be banned, and those who already own a cheap phone would have their tariffs increased to subsidize the purchase of iPhones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement