Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC Q-School 2020

Options
  • 13-01-2020 1:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With the demise of the BDO, this years Q-School will be extremely interesting. Both the UK and Euro Q-Schools are being held from the 16th-19th January meaning it starts this Thursday.

Confirmed entries so far for both can be found at the following links:

UK Q-School - https://t.co/rqqHWk81Di

Euro Q-School - https://t.co/A5UPsGbfo9

Some of the matches will be available to view on a Stream this year.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just to add to the above, here is the list of entrants from Ireland (ex. North) so far:
    1. Allen, Devon
    2. Balfe, Donal
    3. Barry, Keane
    4. Byrne, Shane
    5. Cullen, Jason
    6. Culleton, Niall
    7. Delahunty, Jason
    8. Fitzpatrick, Glenn
    9. Forde, Dean
    10. Geraghty, Keith
    11. Hickey, Mark
    12. Hunt, Rory
    13. Hurley, Conor
    14. Meaney, Michael
    15. Murphy, David
    16. O'Boyle, Martin
    17. O'Shea, John
    18. O'Toole, William
    19. Quinn, Patrick
    20. Vallely, Trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Just to add to the above, here is the list of entrants from Ireland (ex. North) so far:
    1. Allen, Devon
    2. Balfe, Donal
    3. Barry, Keane
    4. Byrne, Shane
    5. Cullen, Jason
    6. Culleton, Niall
    7. Delahunty, Jason
    8. Fitzpatrick, Glenn
    9. Forde, Dean
    10. Geraghty, Keith
    11. Hickey, Mark
    12. Hunt, Rory
    13. Hurley, Conor
    14. Meaney, Michael
    15. Murphy, David
    16. O'Boyle, Martin
    17. O'Shea, John
    18. O'Toole, William
    19. Quinn, Patrick
    20. Vallely, Trevor

Are any of these posters on our great forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

No streams , that idea was scratched

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mark Webster has pulled out of Q-School. I'm disappointed he's pulled out, maybe Sky had a word with him and he will be more involved with comms this year. Hopefully he does take the year to work on his game and gives Q-School a go next year.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1217026625575014400

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Q School fast becoming one of my favourite darts events of the year. So much at stake. Wish it was streamed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

US2 wrote: »
    Q School fast becoming one of my favourite darts events of the year. So much at stake. Wish it was streamed

I know its not quite the same, but scoreboards will be here:

https://tv.dartconnect.com/events/pdc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Mark Webster has pulled out of Q-School. I'm disappointed he's pulled out, maybe Sky had a word with him and he will be more involved with comms this year. Hopefully he does take the year to work on his game and gives Q-School a go next year.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1217026625575014400
    Dartitis is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Dartitis is a killer

The best of the co-commentators by a country mile
    Could carve out a decent gig for himself with Sky, ITV i'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

Looking at the Q-School entry list.

Martin Adams
    Paul Hogan
    Leighton Bennett
    Justin Thompson
    Gary Stone
    Adam Smith-Neale

are the only players from the last 32 of the BDO championship not competing this year.

Some amount of ladies in it , be surprised if any get a card , mayby 1 max , there 60 averages arnt going to cut it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

Didn't Ashton just miss out last year?

Yep , she has best chance when on song , but looks in poor form lately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Think Sherrock has the best chance. If she can match her 90 odd averages from the PDC worlds she has a strong chance

Wayne warren listed to go but unsure he will

Hardest q school to get a card yet

Stewball wrote: »
    Looking at the Q-School entry list.

Martin Adams
    Paul Hogan
    Leighton Bennett
    Justin Thompson
    Gary Stone
    Adam Smith-Neale

are the only players from the last 32 of the BDO championship not competing this year.

Leighton Bennett is not old enough to go yet, minimum age to enter Q-School is 16 and Bennett has just turned 14. You also have to be 16 to play on the PDC Development Tour. It's to do with child protection and labour laws.

There's over 850 entries with 31 cards (yet to be confirmed I think) on offer! That's some amount of entries.

I see Peter Manley is one of the entrants, no chance of it happening but it would be great to see one dart back the tour winding people up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

There's over 850 entries with either 30 or 32 cards (yet to be confirmed) on offer! That's some amount of entries.

I see Peter Manley is one of the entrants, no chance of it happening but it would be great to see one dart back the tour winding people up.
    I think I saw lately that he has gone every year since he lost his card, which doesn't look good!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Full list 853, time to get on the steroids, stamina needed

https://www.live-darts.com/pdc-darts-news/q-school/pdc-q-school-2020-entries/

The PDC have stated that no alcohol is permitted in the venue which will definitely effect some of the players, especially the old school lads. I've no idea how Wayne Warren will cope!

hes now pulled out

• Advertisement

Live scores can be found at the below links throughout the next four days.
    UK Q-School - https://t.co/rqqHWk81Di

Euro Q-School - https://t.co/A5UPsGbfo9

I see Beau Greaves got a tough draw vs Damon Heta

boomdocker wrote: »
    I see Beau Greaves got a tough draw vs Damon Heta

It's on now. Suzuki drew another woman in Kirsty Chubb. Sherrock on now too.

A player called Jeremy Dolan just averaged 32.7 in a 5-0 loss. That surely is the worst ever recorded PDC average. I mean if you threw at the board blind folded you would average higher than that!

Fair bit of luck involved in these early draws
    Matthew Dennant, who had match darts against Duzza last year just beaten by Richie Burnett , averaging 93 - and that over the best of 9 legs

On a quick glance, he would have won 90% of games with that average so unlucky to be out so early on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A player called Jeremy Dolan just averaged 32.7 in a 5-0 loss. That surely is the worst ever recorded PDC average. I mean if you threw at the board blind folded you would average higher than that!

He didn't get below 200 in any leg, that's shocking

Keane barry out, missed darts to win.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Keane barry out, missed darts to win.

He was 4-3 up. Also finished with an 88 average compared to an 81 average.

Going to be tough for him now.

He was 4-3 up. Also finished with an 88 average compared to an 81 average.

Going to be tough for him now.

Still has a few more days. If he can up that average a small bit he'll have a chance

• Advertisement

The Assett won, averaging just under 100

Some lad (or lady?) call Feung averaged 107 in his game

Advertisement