Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo experience not good so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hey All,

I was hoping to use this as a plug and play Sim. Got my GoMo SIM yesterday, put it into an unlocked Samsung and has signal, 3G. seemed ok.

I put my own Three SIM into my TP-Link router, it works fine but when I connect in the GoMo sim, I can connect to the router but not the internet. Am I missing a step here or is the Eir network not good enough.

In Kinsale, West Cork.

Remove the SIM pin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Remove the SIM pin

Did that too on the Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

APN configured?

This is it wrote: »
    APN configured?

No, I haven't done that. Configure the APN on my laptop/phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

On laptop via the router web interface.

192.168.1.1 web address

The SIM PIN may still need to be entered in the router even if it has already been disabled on a phone.

• Advertisement

On the router I would think, should be under APN or Access Point Name. I've never used a SIM enabled router but a quick Google should sort you out.

On my phone it's set to data.mymeteor.ie but I know there were others floating around with Eir in it for GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Just for the lurkers on here (as I was one very worried lurker today) my port this morning went very smoothly and everything is working as I'd hoped and expected. Not taking away from others experiences, just pointing out that there are good outcomes too. I hope those with issues end up with a positive outcome.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Just for the lurkers on here (as I was one very worried lurker today) my port this morning went very smoothly and everything is working as I'd hoped and expected. Not taking away from others experiences, just pointing out that there are good outcomes too. I hope those with issues end up with a positive outcome.

Yep. I ported two SIMs, one with no issue and the other couldn't receive calls from a particular provider, which is actually not a GoMo issue, the other providers didn't update their porting DB to routes calls to GoMo.

No other issues since

Thanks folks, I'll go tinkering tonight and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Hey All,

I was hoping to use this as a plug and play Sim. Got my GoMo SIM yesterday, put it into an unlocked Samsung and has signal, 3G. seemed ok.

I put my own Three SIM into my TP-Link router, it works fine but when I connect in the GoMo sim, I can connect to the router but not the internet. Am I missing a step here or is the Eir network not good enough.

In Kinsale, West Cork.

Exactly what I plan on doing with the second sim I've ordered from them which should be delivered today or tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I ordered a second SIM today for this exact reason too.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

Anyone else in Monkstown, County Dublin still with no signal?
    Stil nothing from GOMO and had multiple friends over checking and all confirmed that we've still no signal in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just got my sim and have a strong signal strength(same as Vodafone)

Only getting 0.2 Mbps which I believe is the same as people who have hit the cap.
    Does it take long for the full speed to unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My phone number didn't port today, should have ported a t 12.45pm, this is the second Gomo card i ordered didn't have a problem porting with first card.

tuxy wrote: »
    Just got my sim and have a strong signal strength(same as Vodafone)

Only getting 0.2 Mbps which I believe is the same as people who have hit the cap.
    Does it take long for the full speed to unlock?

Should've been instant.

Strange, I was getting over 100 Mbps on vodafone payg. If I could just get 3 Mps with gomo I'd be happy.

Is it on 3G or 4G? Shouldn't be that bad

4G , now getting 0.6 Mps. This is at home and I don't care about the speed here since I am always connected to WIFI.
    I'll have to test in other locations to see if the service is good enough for me to keep using.

Sorted. Had to connect up the router to the laptop physically go to that network settings and create a new APN profile.

Speed test 11down 3 up

Sorted. Had to connect up the router to the laptop physically go to that network settings and create a new APN profile.

Speed test 11down 3 up

Will do the job for most things!

• Advertisement

1.5 Mbps now, looks like serious contention where I live. It may still work ok for me as I usually only need data when I'm outside of my home town.

The port was flawless, 2fa working perfectly with my bank. Data is still very slow but consistent so I can listen to music and podcasts and also use google maps without it cutting. So it has its flaws but may work well for the type of useage I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone having an issue with 2-factor texts from Twitter?

Not having any problems with texts from the bank or others, but reset my phone yesterday and couldn't get Twitter's one. Worked around it and it could be something on their side but thought I'd ask :)

First problem I've had since October though (and fairly trivial at that) so no big deal either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

When you call a GoMo number what is that beep you hear right before it starts ringing? Never noticed calling other numbers?

Final update.
    Data speed is unusable at my house but as I said that's fine since I'm on wifi at home. It's veru serious contention in my area as it's reasonably fast very early in the morning then sub 1Mbps at all other times of day.

In other areas speed is ok, much slower than vodafone but fast enough for what I do.
    I can stream spottily and listen to podcasts while driving, google maps and basic browsing works fine. Youtube usually works ok at 720p.
    For €10 a month this is perfect for my usage case but would not be suitable for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

4G , now getting 0.6 Mps. This is at home and I don't care about the speed here since I am always connected to WIFI.
    I'll have to test in other locations to see if the service is good enough for me to keep using.

Your nearest mast is 3g then.
    Switch it to 3g you should get approx 8 down
    My nearest mast was 3g only but recently it must have been upgraded and 4g at home is decent though like you, I don't need it.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Your nearest mast is 3g then.
    Switch it to 3g you should get approx 8 down
    My nearest mast was 3g only but recently it must have been upgraded and 4g at home is decent though like you, I don't need it.

I tried that and got around 1Mbps as usual. Connection showed as H+ instead of the normal 4G so it did switch but made no difference.
    I can get 20Mbps at home from 2am - 5am then around 1Mbps at all other times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I tried that and got around 1Mbps as usual. Connection showed as H+ instead of the normal 4G so it did switch but made no difference.
    I can get 20Mbps at home from 2am - 5am then around 1Mbps at all other times.

That;s a bummer but as you say, like myself I never use data at home - your nearest mast must be completely saturated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

BailMeOut wrote: »
    When you call a GoMo number what is that beep you hear right before it starts ringing? Never noticed calling other numbers?

This is common with all networks, and means that the number you are calling ported from another network at some stage. I guess it was useful way back when when Vodafone/ Esat had cheaper rates for calling people on the same network (you could tell who was on what network based on whether they were 086 or 087), but it's not very useful nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

Anyone knows if I can see out of bundle charges before the end of month bill?
    I've accidentally rang back a scam number from France (actually was expecting a call from mainland Europe) and now not sure how much will it cost me and rather not wait until end of January.

Advertisement