Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo experience not good so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

lawred2 wrote: »
    No signal for 8 days in South county Dublin.

Fairly sure that this would be a bigger story were that really the case...

Yes, had people over yesterday whom are with eir and they also have no signal from the entrance to the estate and throughout.
    Once out of the estate there are q or 2 bars but calls are dropping until you go out another 100 metres which isn't helping us as we're mostly at home this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Of course it's 'bill pay', that's made clear from the get go !

Have no idea what you're getting at with 'sneaky type' ??
    And what exactly are these 'charges' you mention ??

Your post makes little or no sense, if you are trying to infer some type of underhand practice or suchlike at least try and corroborate it with some evidence.

Don't worry I will with my first few "bills". Hopefully you might understand what I'm trying to say by then. Your post was really insightful ill study it and learn from all your great postings. Yours sincerely.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

xraylady wrote: »
    I’m having similar problem. Can make calls and sent txts but can’t receive either.. Tried turning ooff/on the airplane mode but no change. Ported earlier today so I’m hoping all will be miraculously well tomorrow!
    Actually can’t send txts - they were sending when iMessage on. Once turned off won’t send .

Just a positive update. After over 48hrs post porting all came well. Can get all calls/txts make all calls and getting verification txts and emails. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VadimZH

lawred2 wrote: »
    No signal for 8 days in South county Dublin.

Fairly sure that this would be a bigger story were that really the case...

I have the same problem in Monkstown (Dun Laoghaire). No 3G/4G signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭bunderoon

VadimZH wrote: »

Must lucky where I am. The signal/service seems to never drop and get atleast 17-20Mb down and 10-20 up.
    I've a feeling though that if things go tits up, I'll have an easier life moving back to Three 20e a month than trying to deal with Eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

VadimZH wrote: »

Did you manage to get anything?
    I tried to switch phone to manual network and all say forbidden.
    No gomo on the list of networks in and near the estate.
    See attached

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

So I switched back to the Three network today. Been unable to receive any SMS from any bank, credit union , govt department, any organization basically. Gomo have washed their hands of it. Plenty other people in the same situation. Girl in the Three shop said I was the third person in today switching from GOMO. If it works for you , great. If it doesn’t it’s an utter nightmare, to the point of its nearly impossible to get anything sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Yup, I'm in similar boat. I didn't realise how reliant on automated texts from service providers and 2fa. Gomo is unusable, which means it's no value even at 1euro a month. I'll move in early January

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I don’t understand the issue with 2fa text messages, I’m with GoMo since October and I haven’t had a single issue with them, I get them from my bank PTSB, I get them from parcelmotel, littlewoods, Anpost, CircleK, MBNA, DPD, PayPal, Amazon, and apple. I’m amazed that others on GoMo are having issues receiving these texts.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I don’t understand the issue with 2fa text messages, I’m with GoMo since October and I haven’t had a single issue with them, I get them from my bank PTSB, I get them from parcelmotel, littlewoods, Anpost, CircleK, MBNA, DPD, PayPal, Amazon, and apple. I’m amazed that others on GoMo are having issues receiving these texts.

What amazes me is their support answer on three occasions has been they don't support these and that they've no plans to introduce. This despite clearly on boards there are people like yourself where everything is working OK. I can't understand how regulator isn't involved at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Aquos76 wrote: »

It’s really strange alright. But trust me it’s happening to lots of people. My partners phone, also on Gomo receives the very same texts fine. It’s so bizarre. And then gomo day they don’t support that “route” of 3rd party messaging- despite many of their customers receiving them! Seems such a stupid thing for them to be losing customers over, but they don’t seem to care enough to actually look into the issues.

5 minutes after requesting the port back to 3 it was done, with the 2FA texts working straight away. Good riddance. My sanity is worth more than €10 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Ported over to Gomo no issues so far.
    4G speeds not great but not too bothered about that have WiFi most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Aquos76 wrote:

I had this problem when I was with Virgin. I wasn't getting codes for Revolut. I've been getting them without issue since moving to GoMo two months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Have friend with 3 due to port on 24/12 still in progress chat advised technical problem wait 5 days for investigation. Using old Nokia which I don't think is 3G capable maybe that is relevant ? Why would proces take this long?
    Have Gomo SIM working in new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have friend with 3 due to port on 24/12 still in progress chat advised technical problem wait 5 days for investigation. Using old Nokia which I don't think is 3G capable maybe that is relevant ? Why would proces take this long?
    Have Gomo SIM working in new phone.

Setting up ports so close to Christmas just seems silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

winter2019 wrote: »
    It’s really strange alright. But trust me it’s happening to lots of people. My partners phone, also on Gomo receives the very same texts fine. It’s so bizarre. And then gomo day they don’t support that “route” of 3rd party messaging- despite many of their customers receiving them! Seems such a stupid thing for them to be losing customers over, but they don’t seem to care enough to actually look into the issues.

5 minutes after requesting the port back to 3 it was done, with the 2FA texts working straight away. Good riddance. My sanity is worth more than €10 a month

Is this actually something that many are having problems with?
    I use 2FA texts all the time, it's very important for banking.

Edit: looking at other threads it would seem to be a big issue, if your sms does not port correctly they will not fix it :(

tuxy wrote: »
    Is this actually something that many are having problems with?
    I use 2FA texts all the time, it's very important for banking.

Edit: looking at other threads it would seem to be a big issue, if your sms does not port correctly they will not fix it :(
    Yes, I've had problem since porting. I've raised 4 support requests. Two have been acknowledged with a response a long lines "it's not us, it's them..." excuse. Basically they don't support the service the 2fa users are using so you don't receive texts. They ask me to talk to my 2fa service to get them to change!

The other two support tickets disappeared into gomo system with no response. Ultimately no resolution.

I don't know how to escalate to comreg, so I think I'm going to port to lycamobile this week.

Yeah not supported is nonsense. If the number is ported correctly the 2fa services work as it does for some customers. But if there is a problem they will not fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It was too good to be true really, a service provider actually providing a decent service for a reasonable price.

It seem crazy cheap compared to others but that is only because we get ripped off here, it is a normal offer from any of the providers in the uk. We have just become so accustomed to being overcharged that we think this is a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Use the GoMo complaint email address. State your issue and request comreg complaint reference number. I was talking via chat for weeks, issue was only resolved when I made an official complaint.

complaints@gomo.ie

• Advertisement

It was too good to be true really, a service provider actually providing a decent service for a reasonable price.

It seem crazy cheap compared to others but that is only because we get ripped off here, it is a normal offer from any of the providers in the uk. We have just become so accustomed to being overcharged that we think this is a deal.

I think the real mistake was thinking a company that is apart of Eir would deliver a basic level of customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

I ported over on the 18th of December the port failed and my phone number is now lost in Limbo.

Gomo won't reply to emails it is an absolute disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Get them on livechat. Worked for me on a Saturday when multiple emails failed.

Get them on livechat. Worked for me on a Saturday when multiple emails failed.

Did you have the issue with not receiving texts from services?

Hi Guys do you have a link for the live chat I cannot seem to see it anywhere on their website

Found a phone number!! Instead of it being in the Contact Us section it is under the Code of Practice.

Phone Number
    1800 210 342

https://gomo.ie/code-of-practice/

tuxy wrote: »
    Did you have the issue with not receiving texts from services?

No, a different issue, but they were more on the ball than the email crew

No, a different issue, but they were more on the ball than the email crew

How did you get them on webchat?

How did you get them on webchat?

Facebook messenger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Hey All,

I was hoping to use this as a plug and play Sim. Got my GoMo SIM yesterday, put it into an unlocked Samsung and has signal, 3G. seemed ok.

I put my own Three SIM into my TP-Link router, it works fine but when I connect in the GoMo sim, I can connect to the router but not the internet. Am I missing a step here or is the Eir network not good enough.

In Kinsale, West Cork.

Advertisement