Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Figures Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sirsok wrote: »
    Theres most my collection

Very impressive collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Anybody got any boxed undertaker figures in their collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Anyone that collects figs smyths is doing a mad sale. 3e for elites and 5e for a defining moments ric flair. Free delivery over 29e just noticed that, mine came to 25e if I had of known I would of got the double bushwhacker pack for 5!

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/wwe-wrestling/c/SM06010119

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Thanks Sirsok. I just dropped €40 getting my little fella like 9 new figures. Amazing value.

I wish I could say I bought them for someone but alas they were for my 27 year old self!

• Advertisement

I wish I could say I bought them for someone but alas they were for my 27 year old self!

No shame in that. Those Warrior and Flair defining moments figures for €7 and €5 were ridiculous. And Macho Man for €3! Absolutely nuts.

had all ready bought them for 17! smyths always reduce them to nothing every few months as they try and get rid of stock, keep an eye on their pages! some others in store aswell, unfortunately there is no smyths in Kilkenny!

had all ready bought them for 17! smyths always reduce them to nothing every few months as they try and get rid of stock, keep an eye on their pages! some others in store aswell, unfortunately there is no smyths in Kilkenny!

Didnt know they did this every few months. Will try keep an eye on it.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Didnt know they did this every few months. Will try keep an eye on it.

Generally, the older a series of figures gets, the less Smyths want it gathering dust on their shelves, so will gradually discount it until it's at giveaway pricing.

You'll notice a lot of the figures that are cheap and cheerful can be had easily on most store's shelves. Macho Man is a great rassler, and popular, but there's just too many of his figures around, so the Mega Maniacs one has been sitting on shelves for months (hence it's now €3).

I snapped up the Attitude Era Big Boss Man for €28 when I seen him first, assuming there'd be no chance of getting him again, but it looks like he may end up in the €10 pile soon, too (typically enough, the Retro version of him is nowhere to be seen, and i didn't go for that one! bah!).

I haven't bought figures in years, but have been getting drawn into certain figures on shelves, but will only buy them at discounted prices. the guts of €30 per figure is too rich for me, as they are pretty much ornamental shelf pieces to me, and I have most of them in Jakks form anyway.

That said, I did fully expect the Mattel Elite Dudley Boys would still be sitting on shelves at €3 each, and unfortunately no such luck. Would have happily paid €10 each for them, but they disappeared from my local Smyths before ever going under €23-24. Would've like them, but not for €50!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

How about Ken Black out on the Ring Road? I know they're connected to Smyths, but to what extent I don't know

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »
    How about Ken Black out on the Ring Road? I know they're connected to Smyths, but to what extent I don't know

They can be quite expensive, would never buy out of there, I cant justify spending 18e on a figure at all just to place em on a shelf! Thabks though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LeeJM wrote: »
    Thanks Sirsok. I just dropped €40 getting my little fella like 9 new figures. Amazing value.

"Little fella".....sure

Smyths and their feckin' sales. Haven't seriously bought figures in years.

wwefigs.jpg

Mind you, 8 figures for €31 including postage is pretty decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The new Beserker figure is already been reduced and its only out a few days

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The Berserker? Like the Bruiser Brody ripoff guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anyone that collects figs smyths is doing a mad sale. 3e for elites and 5e for a defining moments ric flair. Free delivery over 29e just noticed that, mine came to 25e if I had of known I would of got the double bushwhacker pack for 5!

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/wwe-wrestling/c/SM06010119

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for these more often and restarting a new collection, raging I gave mine away years ago that included the old style Hogan, Warrior and Undertaker that all they did was move there arms.

elite51_berzerker_pic3_P.jpg

That fella

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lol, wow. I'm shocked he got a figure. Like I enjoyed his HUSS! schtick as a kid but I'm blown away that it was enough for WWE to give him an action figure!

I was going to post the berserker scene from Clerks but yea that scene has way more swearing than I remembered

Which they did him in the brown though rarely seen the blue one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love that there's a WWE figure with a sword and shield as a weapon. :D

Hey guys i'm going to be selling off my wwe collection bit by bit have the 1st 4 up on ebay at the moment there ending today heres the link

https://www.ebay.ie/sch/noraot/m.html?item=263309070705&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, stupid question. This figure of AJ Styles...

http://amzn.eu/fV4qdIt

Why is it so bloody expensive?

(Full disclosure, this is a work related question. I'm not selling them, but I've got a chance to buy them and am trying to figure out if I'm missing something with why it's so bloody expensive...)

There's a elite (far better figure ) on sale in smyths at the moment for 20 man

https://youtu.be/cNFJZKzFhLM

I've started doing action figure reviews including some WWE stuff take a look guys :)

I posted somewhere in this thread about the new Pentagon and Fenix figures coming out!

Now NJPW seem to be getting in on the market with Liger, Okada, Ospreay, Ishii and Tanahashi

https://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/new-japan-pro-wrestling-toy-action-figures.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think this is amazing. For something that happened on 1 episode of Raw to be immortalised like this - I love it!

https://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/undertaker-kane-exclusive-wwe-figure-rex-164.html

rex_164_undertaker_kane_pic5_P.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Guy over on Instagram recreates some of Wrestling most iconic moments and images using Figures. Really good work here

https://instagram.com/bud_lighthere?igshid=bqepl2hrkioa

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hey guys. My daughter has started to get into the rassling like her old man, where can I pick up a Hornswoggle figure?

Look on Ringside Collectables and no joy. Looked on Amazon and Ebay and they looking for 100 quid.

Any ideas? She loved him in the womens Royal Rumble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Guy over on Instagram recreates some of Wrestling most iconic moments and images using Figures. Really good work here

https://instagram.com/bud_lighthere?igshid=bqepl2hrkioa

That's class

Advertisement