Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

• 04-09-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭

First BGW confirmed today with Liverpool and west ham game on GW18 Postponed due to Liverpool being in the world club cup. Most likely be rearranged sometime in 2020.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And fpl had been so pleasant and uncomplicated until now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cheers! Need to know this for future planning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

#TooSoon :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is the one thing though that separates 'serious' players from the casuals who could be flukily ahead in the work league all year.

That and the Friday night transfer deadline curfew obvs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can't remember the last time Liverpool had a double. You can have more trust in their players playing both than other teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 m8psuvw2gfkan3

Will have to try to save the free hit for that GW as aim to keep 3 Liverpool players all season and they are expensive!

#FPL League Code: e6kvcf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Will have to try to save the free hit for that GW as aim to keep 3 Liverpool players all season and they are expensive!

#FPL League Code: e6kvcf

Likely a waste of a free hit in my opinion.

Easier to bench them, and even play 9 or 10 players.

Those 'Lost' points will come back when the Liverpool match is refixed.

Free hit is much more valuable in a week with a lot of blanks or in a double game week.
    Especially in these GWs where other players freehitting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Please just tell me what to do.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Please just tell me what to do.

Easy!
    ABC

Snapchat-743369064-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Liverpool have Watford at home before the blank then Wolves & Sheff Utd at home after the World Club Cup.

Very difficult to say who will be fit and have risen in value that you don’t want to sell. But those fixtures are tasty and also probably ones where we will see a bit of rotation.

I have 3 Liverpool players at present. I’ll most likely transfer 1 coming up to that regardless of fixtures and bring in in New Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Liverpool have Watford at home before the blank then Wolves & Sheff Utd at home after the World Club Cup.

Very difficult to say who will be fit and have risen in value that you don’t want to sell. But those fixtures are tasty and also probably ones where we will see a bit of rotation.

I have 3 Liverpool players at present. I’ll most likely transfer 1 coming up to that regardless of fixtures and bring in in New Year

Think there'll be a good case to use the Free Hit that GW.
    Everyone focusing on the potential 2 or 3 Pool players but there could be 2 or 3 West Ham, with more stored value, in people's squads by then as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Man city are away to wolves at 7.45 pm on dec 27th with a game at home to Sheff Utd at 6pm on the 29th
    Less than 48 hours
    Madness and not good for FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

km79 wrote: »
    Man city are away to wolves at 7.45 pm on dec 27th with a game at home to Sheff Utd at 6pm on the 29th
    Less than 48 hours
    Madness and not good for FF

Yeah that's a brutal one for us of all the teams for it to be so close it had to be the one that could actually field a whole different 11 if they wanted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah that's a brutal one for us of all the teams for it to be so close it had to be the one that could actually field a whole different 11 if they wanted!

So you reckon Pep will be playing his free hit that gw so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

West Ham v Liverpool rearranged for Wednesday 29th January - GW24

Liverpool have Wolves (a), West Ham (a)
    West Ham have Leicester (a), Liverpool (h)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Benimar wrote: »
    West Ham v Liverpool rearranged for Wednesday 29th January - GW24

Liverpool have Wolves (a), West Ham (a)
    West Ham have Leicester (a), Liverpool (h)

I must not get 3 West Ham players. I must not get 3 West Ham Players. I must not get 3 West Ham players.
    Doesn't mean I can't triple captain Mark Noble though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fabianski will be back so no excuses not to have 3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was hoping this would be the TC GW. They're okay but not great fixtures (for Liverpool)

Pity that West Ham are a total shambles right now....the only player showing anything at all is Antonio and he's very injury prone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Pity that West Ham are a total shambles right now....the only player showing anything at all is Antonio and he's very injury prone

Could be on a new manager bounce by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

FA Cup game in between makes it look fairly tempting for the TC if you assume Salah/Mane get rested for the Cup game, hopefully they get a lower league gimme of a game

• Advertisement

I must not get 3 West Ham players. I must not get 3 West Ham Players. I must not get 3 West Ham players.
    Doesn't mean I can't triple captain Mark Noble though

I forgot for a minute that 'Big Handsome' Andy Carroll no longer plays for West Ham. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Planned it out there, think I'm looking at Gomez, Robbo, Mane and Fabianski for the double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Had looked at fabianski but he has Liverpool and Leicester, so if anything a hammer attacker but think nothing, I'll get Alison in goals should be secured the double start and set and forget hi for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

skippy15 wrote: »
    Had looked at fabianski but he has Liverpool and Leicester, so if anything a hammer attacker but think nothing, I'll get Alison in goals should be secured the double start and set and forget hi for the season

West Ham after decent fixtures around it though and Fabianski is the best three pointer in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/ahopcroft13/status/1211622852509753345?s=19

Interesting...

Think I'll be going double defence.

https://twitter.com/ahopcroft13/status/1211622852509753345?s=19

Interesting...

Think I'll be going double defence.

I had been planning getting Salah in and triple captaining him as a differential .
    To have TAA, Mane and Salah.
    All rivals have Mane. None have Salah.

But double pool defence is probably the simplest thing to do and TC Mane.

Fabianski only real option for west ham for me, i dont fancy gambling on Antonio or Anderson or Noble converting a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m thinking TAA salah and bobby. Prob mane hat trick to burn me so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just saw these are both midweek games with an FA cup/rest at the weekend. People who have used their TC will be pretty p!ssed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Green&Red wrote: »
    Just saw these are both midweek games with an FA cup/rest at the weekend. People who have used their TC will be pretty p!ssed

Will ww see TAA TC'd I wonder

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Will you see TAA TC'd I wonder

TAATAATAA

It's tempting alright although the TC chip has always been a sh1tshow for me.

Was half thinking of keeping it for GW38 and sticking it on whoever's is playing an already relegated side...Aguero or KDB against Norwich looking tempting already (assuming the Champions league isn't a factor)

Will ww see TAA TC'd I wonder

That’s my current plan

I wonder will be see a lot of "Free Hit" & "Triple Captain" for the Pool DGW?

A team in my league has already started via his regular moves, has 3 Liv & 2 WHU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Brought Gomez in before his latest price rise to add to TAA and Mane.
    As has been said already, I cant see much benifit in getting West Ham players in before the DGW, and trying to get them out after.. the players I have are as likly to get better returns from their single games.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

WH have two nice games but then they play Leicester and MCity away and Liverpool home and away in the next 5. I can see any bounce being gone by then and there could be very few fpl points for them from those games. Looks like a trap to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    WH have two nice games but then they play Leicester and MCity away and Liverpool home and away in the next 5. I can see any bounce being gone by then and there could be very few fpl points for them from those games. Looks like a trap to me.

Yeh but isn't Liverpool and City a DGW?

So even so an expected blank would be 4 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Not for defenders, I'd be particularly concerned about them conceding 2 or more in each game during the DGW and only getting 2 or less points. Fab would be a big concern for me, don't see the attraction particularly at his price. It's Leicester away and Liverpool at home in the DGW BTW.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Not for defenders, I'd be particularly concerned about them conceding 2 or more in each game during the DGW and only getting 2 or less points. Fab would be a big concern for me, don't see the attraction particularly at his price. It's Leicester away and Liverpool at home in the DGW BTW.

Save points

In the 8 games he’s played this year he has 7 save points and 5 BPS. That’s 1.5pts/Game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

TAA tc for me. It’s the risk worth taking. Mane and Salah already in. Fab could be busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I agree - if you have funds getting somebody like Noble in as your bench fodder and playing him for the double could be worth a punt imo - probably 4 points, and the chance of a sneaky penalty on top perhaps.

Will FA Cup replays have any impact on creating DGW's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Will FA Cup replays have any impact on creating DGW's

No

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Liverpool lose here. Liverpool Crystal palace will defo go ahead in gw 31 which clashes with Fa cup QF and will be the main BGW.

Liverpool’s next FA Cup match will be sandwiched in between their DGW24.

Liverpool looking for an easy draw to give senior players another rest between this match.

*Gomez might not be a certainty to start both PL games either given how well he worked with the other young players today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Liverpool’s next FA Cup match will be sandwiched in between their DGW24.

Liverpool looking for an easy draw to give senior players another rest between this match.

*Gomez might not be a certainty to start both PL games either given how well he worked with the other young players today

Lovren and Matip unliley to be back by then so I reckon Gomez plays if fit.

Great to see today that Liverpool aren't taking the cup seriously. 6 days between games in the DGW, that's about as much as you can get. Makes the TC a little more appealing.

Of course, they have a game 3 days after the DGW so there might be rotation as a result of that.

Thurs 8pm - Wolves (a) - DGW
    Weekend - Fa Cup
    Wed 7:45 - West Ham (a) - DGW
    Sat 3pm - Southampton (h)

Very tempted to throw the TC on TAA

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Lovren and Matip unliley to be back by then so I reckon Gomez plays if fit.

Great to see today that Liverpool aren't taking the cup seriously. 6 days between games in the DGW, that's about as much as you can get. Makes the TC a little more appealing.

Of course, they have a game 3 days after the DGW so there might be rotation as a result of that.

Thurs 8pm - Wolves (a) - DGW
    Weekend - Fa Cup
    Wed 7:45 - West Ham (a) - DGW
    Sat 3pm - Southampton (h)

Very tempted to throw the TC on TAA

Depending on extent of Milners injury I’ll be looking at TC Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Depending on extent of Milners injury I’ll be looking at TC Salah

Never even considered the knock on effect of salah being on pens
    Interesting .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I presume the TC will still be effective in a gameweek it's likely to be heavily used on the same players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dsmythy wrote: »
    I presume the TC will still be effective in a gameweek it's likely to be heavily used on the same players?

It's all about getting points in the end of the day. Use it on whatever player and week you think will score well. Most on here have failed to get it right over the years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I haven't used a TV in a DGW in two years and it's worked both times.

Really tempted this year by Pool DGW. Cant wait to get burned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is there any possibility that City will have a DGW in the future, if they for instance get to the EFL cup final?
    Trying to figure out if to TC or BB in GW24

• Advertisement
Advertisement