Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

• 04-09-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,493 ✭✭✭✭

First BGW confirmed today with Liverpool and west ham game on GW18 Postponed due to Liverpool being in the world club cup. Most likely be rearranged sometime in 2020.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And fpl had been so pleasant and uncomplicated until now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cheers! Need to know this for future planning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

#TooSoon :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is the one thing though that separates 'serious' players from the casuals who could be flukily ahead in the work league all year.

That and the Friday night transfer deadline curfew obvs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can't remember the last time Liverpool had a double. You can have more trust in their players playing both than other teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 m8psuvw2gfkan3

Will have to try to save the free hit for that GW as aim to keep 3 Liverpool players all season and they are expensive!

#FPL League Code: e6kvcf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Will have to try to save the free hit for that GW as aim to keep 3 Liverpool players all season and they are expensive!

#FPL League Code: e6kvcf

Likely a waste of a free hit in my opinion.

Easier to bench them, and even play 9 or 10 players.

Those 'Lost' points will come back when the Liverpool match is refixed.

Free hit is much more valuable in a week with a lot of blanks or in a double game week.
    Especially in these GWs where other players freehitting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Please just tell me what to do.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Please just tell me what to do.

Easy!
    ABC

Snapchat-743369064-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Liverpool have Watford at home before the blank then Wolves & Sheff Utd at home after the World Club Cup.

Very difficult to say who will be fit and have risen in value that you don’t want to sell. But those fixtures are tasty and also probably ones where we will see a bit of rotation.

I have 3 Liverpool players at present. I’ll most likely transfer 1 coming up to that regardless of fixtures and bring in in New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Liverpool have Watford at home before the blank then Wolves & Sheff Utd at home after the World Club Cup.

Very difficult to say who will be fit and have risen in value that you don’t want to sell. But those fixtures are tasty and also probably ones where we will see a bit of rotation.

I have 3 Liverpool players at present. I’ll most likely transfer 1 coming up to that regardless of fixtures and bring in in New Year

Think there'll be a good case to use the Free Hit that GW.
    Everyone focusing on the potential 2 or 3 Pool players but there could be 2 or 3 West Ham, with more stored value, in people's squads by then as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Man city are away to wolves at 7.45 pm on dec 27th with a game at home to Sheff Utd at 6pm on the 29th
    Less than 48 hours
    Madness and not good for FF

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

km79 wrote: »
    Man city are away to wolves at 7.45 pm on dec 27th with a game at home to Sheff Utd at 6pm on the 29th
    Less than 48 hours
    Madness and not good for FF

Yeah that's a brutal one for us of all the teams for it to be so close it had to be the one that could actually field a whole different 11 if they wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah that's a brutal one for us of all the teams for it to be so close it had to be the one that could actually field a whole different 11 if they wanted!

So you reckon Pep will be playing his free hit that gw so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

West Ham v Liverpool rearranged for Wednesday 29th January - GW24

Liverpool have Wolves (a), West Ham (a)
    West Ham have Leicester (a), Liverpool (h)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Benimar wrote: »
    West Ham v Liverpool rearranged for Wednesday 29th January - GW24

Liverpool have Wolves (a), West Ham (a)
    West Ham have Leicester (a), Liverpool (h)

I must not get 3 West Ham players. I must not get 3 West Ham Players. I must not get 3 West Ham players.
    Doesn't mean I can't triple captain Mark Noble though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fabianski will be back so no excuses not to have 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I was hoping this would be the TC GW. They're okay but not great fixtures (for Liverpool)

Pity that West Ham are a total shambles right now....the only player showing anything at all is Antonio and he's very injury prone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Pity that West Ham are a total shambles right now....the only player showing anything at all is Antonio and he's very injury prone

Could be on a new manager bounce by then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

FA Cup game in between makes it look fairly tempting for the TC if you assume Salah/Mane get rested for the Cup game, hopefully they get a lower league gimme of a game

• Advertisement

I must not get 3 West Ham players. I must not get 3 West Ham Players. I must not get 3 West Ham players.
    Doesn't mean I can't triple captain Mark Noble though

I forgot for a minute that 'Big Handsome' Andy Carroll no longer plays for West Ham. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Planned it out there, think I'm looking at Gomez, Robbo, Mane and Fabianski for the double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭skippy15

Had looked at fabianski but he has Liverpool and Leicester, so if anything a hammer attacker but think nothing, I'll get Alison in goals should be secured the double start and set and forget hi for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

skippy15 wrote: »
    Had looked at fabianski but he has Liverpool and Leicester, so if anything a hammer attacker but think nothing, I'll get Alison in goals should be secured the double start and set and forget hi for the season

West Ham after decent fixtures around it though and Fabianski is the best three pointer in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/ahopcroft13/status/1211622852509753345?s=19

Interesting...

Think I'll be going double defence.

https://twitter.com/ahopcroft13/status/1211622852509753345?s=19

Interesting...

Think I'll be going double defence.

I had been planning getting Salah in and triple captaining him as a differential .
    To have TAA, Mane and Salah.
    All rivals have Mane. None have Salah.

But double pool defence is probably the simplest thing to do and TC Mane.

Fabianski only real option for west ham for me, i dont fancy gambling on Antonio or Anderson or Noble converting a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m thinking TAA salah and bobby. Prob mane hat trick to burn me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just saw these are both midweek games with an FA cup/rest at the weekend. People who have used their TC will be pretty p!ssed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Green&Red wrote: »
    Just saw these are both midweek games with an FA cup/rest at the weekend. People who have used their TC will be pretty p!ssed

Will ww see TAA TC'd I wonder

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Will you see TAA TC'd I wonder

TAATAATAA

It's tempting alright although the TC chip has always been a sh1tshow for me.

Was half thinking of keeping it for GW38 and sticking it on whoever's is playing an already relegated side...Aguero or KDB against Norwich looking tempting already (assuming the Champions league isn't a factor)

Advertisement