Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEO of Waterford Council looking for 5% increase in commercial rates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Gardner

Did SF propose any sort of alternative budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I gotta be honest, I haven't always agreed with Darren in the past but at least he makes the council a bit more accountable and accessible to the public. I think we have the right to know what our elected representatives are doing for us. He seemed to be the only one offering a stage by stage update and also an analysis

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gardner wrote: »
    Did SF propose any sort of alternative budget?

SF themselves say they had one, however no one saw it, other councillors asked to see it, but nothing was shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shawnee Poole

The report by the Local Government Audit Service of the Waterford City and County Council finances published by the Irish Examiner on 26/01/2019 show the state of the council uncollected arrears at the end of 2017.
    The article is named Waterford Council criticised for high arrears.

Advertisement