Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway/Parcel Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I am having a similar problems with Littlewoods & Fastway - Stayed in for a delivery, never arrived, Littlewoods don't know why (no help) Fastway don't have a phone contact to their depots. This happened before (more than once) with Littlewoods and I swore I wouldn't order off them again - waited two years in the hope there would be some improvement in the service but it seems not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Pretzill wrote: »
    I am having a similar problems with Littlewoods & Fastway - Stayed in for a delivery, never arrived, Littlewoods don't know why (no help) Fastway don't have a phone contact to their depots. This happened before (more than once) with Littlewoods and I swore I wouldn't order off them again - waited two years in the hope there would be some improvement in the service but it seems not.

The guy delivering earlier in the year was woeful. I too swore off Littlewoods but tried again due ti the credit option. New delivery woman has been very good so I'm guessing this is some other useless person getting in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Fastway are a joke. I ordered something which said delivered to a safe location didn't leave a note to say where. I contacted them to ask them where it was.
    All they said was this
    "Your goods are confirmed delivered to a safe delivery location , safe delivery locations are normally closed porch's , shed's , behind side gates or with a neighbour . Can you possibly check the area's highlighted , if you have not received please make contact ."

They expect you to have a search party for it they didn't reply after that. Like am I supposed to knock on every neighbours door on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

So I ordered a monitor from Amazon was scheduled for deliver Wednesday, its now the following Monday. The Fastway tracking shows its been in the depot since last Tuesday is there any number I can call to get this sorted theres none listed on the website. I tried emailing them but I keep getting no answer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    So I ordered a monitor from Amazon was scheduled for deliver Wednesday, its now the following Monday. The Fastway tracking shows its been in the depot since last Tuesday is there any number I can call to get this sorted theres none listed on the website. I tried emailing them but I keep getting no answer

Get on to Amazon, let them sort out their courier.

• Advertisement

I did they said theyd speak with um that was Friday, I looked everywhere on Fastways site and for some reason they dont even have a phone number I can call :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I did they said theyd speak with um that was Friday, I looked everywhere on Fastways site and for some reason they dont even have a phone number I can call :(

They don't want you to be able to contact them. That says a lot about a business in my experience.

They don't want you to be able to contact them. That says a lot about a business ion my experience.
    Yeah its shocking, Amazon said to contact them tomorrow if it hasnt shown up its been like 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They don't even have a sign over their depots. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

They don't even have a sign over their depots. ;)

They do on the depot in New Ross. When I had a problem with a package I found out the name of the principal there, some fella named Day IIRC, but he was well protected from public contact by someone called Arianna. She was of absolutely no help either.

A business rotten to the core!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They do on the depot in New Ross. When I had a problem with a package I found out the name of the principal there, some fella named Day IIRC, but he was well protected from public contact by someone called Arianna. She was of absolutely no help either.

A business rotten to the core!

Agreed with your last sentence. Disgusting company. No signage in kk

Do I literally need to drive to Cork to sort this out. How can they not have a phone number >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fastway are a joke. I ordered something which said delivered to a safe location didn't leave a note to say where. I contacted them to ask them where it was.
    All they said was this
    "Your goods are confirmed delivered to a safe delivery location , safe delivery locations are normally closed porch's , shed's , behind side gates or with a neighbour . Can you possibly check the area's highlighted , if you have not received please make contact ."

They expect you to have a search party for it they didn't reply after that. Like am I supposed to knock on every neighbours door on the road.

We use them for our e-commerce business for the same reason everyone else does they are dirt cheap. €1 to €2 per parcel less than DPD, nightline, gls etc.
    Honestly there service isn’t that bad and I found nightline absolutely appalling. We would probably encounter parcel issues in less than 3% of deliveries. You are really at the mercy of how good the driver is at they run on their own time and standards been franchisees.
    Fast way don’t require signatures unless the sender specifies so it can be kind of left anywhere.
    Summer is worst time for fast way as relief drivers aren’t experienced enough to handle the business.

Reality is most courier services aren’t fit for purpose. It’s become a race to the bottom, volume is too high and drivers are grossly overworked. Horrible job

It really comes down to are you the customer willing to pay more? 9/10 you are not. We have a premium service with DPD, its got almost guaranteed next day delivery and 1 hour delivery window, we heavily subsidize the cost of this and offer it for an extra fee but its rarely taken up. People want free delivery/cheapest option but seem surprised when its service is substandard.

A man running an independent courier company one day told me and its true. You can have any 2 of CHEAP,FAST,GOOD service but you can't have all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

rob316 wrote: »
    We use them for our e-commerce business for the same reason everyone else does they are dirt cheap. €1 to €2 per parcel less than DPD, nightline, gls etc.
    Honestly there service isn’t that bad and I found nightline absolutely appalling. We would probably encounter parcel issues in less than 3% of deliveries. You are really at the mercy of how good the driver is at they run on their own time and standards been franchisees.
    Fast way don’t require signatures unless the sender specifies so it can be kind of left anywhere.
    Summer is worst time for fast way as relief drivers aren’t experienced enough to handle the business.

Reality is most courier services aren’t fit for purpose. It’s become a race to the bottom, volume is too high and drivers are grossly overworked. Horrible job

If I find out a company uses Fastway for orders I ask them to use a different company, if they refuse I tell them to keep their order. I know I'm not the only one doing this so beware, they're costing you your reputation. Is that worth €2?

arseagon wrote: »
    If I find out a company uses Fastway for orders I ask them to use a different company, if they refuse I tell them to keep their order. I know I'm not the only one doing this so beware, they're costing you your reputation. Is that worth €2?

Sorry I made an edit on the post as you posted a reply. I added the following, I do offer DPD for extra but its not taken up much.

It really comes down to are you the customer willing to pay more? 9/10 you are not. We have a premium service with DPD, its got almost guaranteed next day delivery and 1 hour delivery window, we heavily subsidize the cost of this and offer it for an extra fee but its rarely taken up. People want free delivery/cheapest option but seem surprised when its service is substandard.

A man running an independent courier company one day told me and its true. You can have any 2 of CHEAP,FAST,GOOD service but you can't have all 3.

I ordered from littlewoods last week. Got a message on Friday saying my package was with the courier (fastway). I didn't know they delivered Saturdays so wasn't expecting until Monday. Woke up at 8.20 on Saturday and had a missed call at 8.07 and knew it was the delivery driver so rang him back. 13 mins or so after he called me. Not like hours or anything. No answer. I was going away for the weekend so I woke my partner to keep an eye and he did but nothing arrived. Thought it would come yesterday morning but no sign so I found the text msg (thank God not deleted) and tracked it. Said they couldn't deliver because they need additional info. I knew this would be my eircode which sometimes doesn't get included so I clicked the support button and explained and gave them eircode. Got a lovely email then saying they got my msg and sent on the code to driver.

So I expected the package this morning ... Nothing yet so I tracked it again and says they tried to deliver this morning but they couldn't because they need an address! The address is on the package!!!!!!!!! I sent my eircode! Just sent ANOTHER msg to support with my address, eircode and phone number. That's three mornings spent waiting for nothing. It's not that difficult to deliver a package.

I get deliveries from dpd and nightline all the time. They both give you a short time frame (about an hour) that they'll deliver in and they're always there. Dpd in particular are brilliant. They're never late, the drivers are always really friendly and they carry the boxes into the house for me and put them wherever I want. No big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I still haven't found my parcel either I emailed them again they told me it was left over my side gate. And I don't even have a gate pathetic. Getting replacement only bad its fastway again the retailer was helpful thankfully

Its pointless comparing a service like DPD to Fastway the model is entirely different. We only use them for small low priced deliveries that can also be inserted into a letter box so that probably mostly the reason we don't have such problems. We wouldn't use them for commercial clients or anything larger as the cost savings vs DPD wouldn't be so high.

It's well and good saying is €2 worth it to your reputation but what if that is over half your profit on an order? Increasing my prices is going to lower order numbers significantly. We are all trying to compete with amazon, ebay etc.
    Most customers just will not pay for delivery even if the retailer is subsidizing over 50%.
    Delivery costs are the number 1 cause of abandoned baskets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Fastway collected a parcel last Tuesday in Dublin to deliver in Limerick next day. No update on tracking but it arrived today out of the blue probably because I filled in their contact form multiple times and they started to get annoyed.

The driver rang me to say no one at home (2 people were there) and would he leave it under the flower pot!! He had the wrong street completely which shows you how incompetent and/or lazy they are. Why don’t they use google maps. I guess I should be grateful he rang me. Morons.

By the way if you dig deep enough there is a phone number for the Limerick depot but its disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

Absolutely ripping here.

Fastway supposedly delivered a parcel to our house just after 8.30pm this evening and it was signed for. The signature is a squiggle and absolutely no parcel arrived here.

I have checked the garden and my neighbours. And haven't found any parcel.

We had no call from the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Found my Xbox1 thrown over the back gate, in the lashing rain ..... Good job it was well packaged with a plastic wrapping over it. Again no call to let us know it was there, nothing at all. Did t even update the tracking with the company it was ordered from..... Only noticed it because bins are out tonight.

Have complained again but it will fall on deaf ears

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

We just got a parcel delivered there from fastway.

They are fast alright! The Package box was ripped to bits + he legged it out the drive before I had a chance to say anything!

My husband thought it was hilarious.

Thankfully everything ok inside but a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

Bicyclette wrote: »
    Absolutely ripping here.

Fastway supposedly delivered a parcel to our house just after 8.30pm this evening and it was signed for. The signature is a squiggle and absolutely no parcel arrived here.

Happened me last year with a €450 package, they had hid it in my waste bin under a pile of my newborns dirty nappies and never said. I rang littlewoods the following day to see who signed for it. Driver called me told me where it was, I had a neighbour retrieve it and called the driver back. An hour later I got an internal message meant for just littlewoods saying that I was lying to get a replacement and not to believe me. I worked for a rival company at the time and I freaked. How would it look if I was doing that. I rang/emailed/complained to littlewoods and not so much as an apology! Useless ****s is all fastway are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭threetrees

I got a note to say my parcel was left behind the side gate. Perfect, I sometimes put that on the extra instruction bit anyway.

The parcel was halfway down the garden, he didn't walk to the gate and gently drop it over, he obviously rocket launched it! Anyway no harm done, but it does show a general lack of care by FW.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

Bicyclette wrote: »
    Absolutely ripping here.

Just as a follow up.

In addition to posting here, I also emailed Joe Duffy (Did I say I was ripping? :D). I got a call at work this morning from the Joe Duffy Show and they were fabulous. Asked my son to send on a screenshot of the so called signature.

Within an hour of the Joe Duffy Show contacting me, the parcel was delivered. The doorbell was rung, and by the time my son got to answer it, the driver was gone and the parcel was thrown in front of the door. The packaging was wet and damaged but thankfully everything in the package was OK.

And yes, we contacted the Joe Duffy show again to thank them and explain what had happened. I don't think they had done anything at that stage. But it was interesting to see how quickly they did act having got the email this morning.

My package was finally delivered today too and like your son bicylette, by the time I got to the door he was out at gate getting into his van after dropping it into an outside shed. (I was only one minute getting to the door so he must have immediately looked to throw it someplace). Anywho, he was nice enough then, polite and retrieved it and walked it back down to the door to me.

My partner said it sounds like they're being given too much to deliver and not enough time to do it and I suppose thats a fair point.

Entered a competition to win a 500euro voucher for littlewoods today but I'm not sure I want it if I have to deal with fastways again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Have an ongoing saga with Fastway. Ordered some Christmas presents from Sports Direct and expected delivery last week. Items due to be delivered to my parents house as they are home 99% of the day.
    Nothing arrived last week but my son was sitting in my parents kitchen on Monday afternoon and he called out that someone was on the decking to the back of the house. When my mother went out there was a package throw over the fence lying on the decking.
    She spotted a van heading away from the house.
    Now the problem is a number of issues

Firstly there was no notification of attempted delivery. Both my parents and my son were in the house.
    Second is the fact that the house is in a gated estate. The gates were forced open and now need repair
    Also there is a package missing as the waybill says package 2 of 2. So package 1 is missing

They really are a pack of gangsters

My partner said it sounds like they're being given too much to deliver and not enough time to do it and I suppose thats a fair point.

This time of the year they could have near 300 parcels a day to deliver. Collections to be made on top of that too. It's ridiculous.

I asked the lads that come into us what they had the days after black friday.

Fastway 323
    DPD 282
    GLS 363

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

Ordered some stuff from sport direct on black Friday. On the 7th Fastway tracking shows tat is at Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub).
    Still no delivery. have emailed sport direct and Fastways multiple times this week, but none has replied to me.
    Does anyone know their phone nummber as i cant seem to find it online...

• Advertisement

Ordered some stuff from sport direct on black Friday. On the 7th Fastway tracking shows tat is at Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub).
    Still no delivery. have emailed sport direct and Fastways multiple times this week, but none has replied to me.
    Does anyone know their phone nummber as i cant seem to find it online...

try here support@fastwaynapier.zendesk.com

Thats what we use for customers and the response is generally good.

Advertisement