Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Neither of the two of them ever ran for election in south Kerry.

I know that but their family have (local and general) and it is only a matter of time before they are lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Neither of the two of them ever ran for election in south Kerry.

Not yet....but very very soon they will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I know that but their family have (local and general) and it is only a matter of time before they are lined up.

Did you know Pope Francis used to be a night club bouncer ? I bet he gave a few people a bloody nose that didn't deserve it.

So you passionately believe people can be judged by the actions of a family member ? Who is your political idol ? Perhaps have a look at their family past I am sure you will be equally disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Did you know Pope Francis used to be a night club bouncer ? I bet he gave a few people a bloody nose that didn't deserve it.

So you passionately believe people can be judged by the actions of a family member ? Who is your political idol ? Perhaps have a look at their family past I am sure you will be equally disgusted.

I agree with you to a point but when you use the defence in court that your only there because of who your family is then you have very much brought your family into it yourself. Keeping the family out of it should cut both ways. It’s obvious they feel they were above the levels we all judge ourselves on based on who they are.

Parents should be judged based on their children....

Especially in this situation when the children despite huge evidence against them continued to lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Especially in this situation when the children despite huge evidence against them continued to lie.

That's not fair on your mother and father.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

If they float then they are guilty !

Bought to you by the same reasoned argument that all the people of Kerry are mucksavages because some of them voted for the HRs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So they don't run for public office in relation to their family name?
    If they can sell themselves based on their brand, equally being two street brawlers jumping on a lad with their pal should be considered.

If they can sell themselves based on their brand, equally being two street brawlers jumping on a lad with their pal should be considered.

Correct Matt, they do not.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Michael Healy Rae is a very good politician, very good. Sharp as a tac and plays his part very well. Danny is an oaf, of course and any of the other nameless Healy Rae's I couldn't tell you anything about other than they have quite the cartel going down below there in Kerry.

Michael is the only one to have impressed me with his political acumen anyway I can tell you that much.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I don't think so, seems a stupid thing to do.

I think more likely the interest in the profession runs in the family. Like our butchers dad was - ALSO a butcher, and the blacksmiths dad - WAS also a blacksmith.

The blacksmiths dad is not generally blamed if his son's work is poor, not locally anyway.

Michael Healy Rae is a very good politician, very good. Sharp as a tac and plays his part very well. Danny is an oaf, of course and any of the other nameless Healy Rae's I couldn't tell you anything about other than they have quite the cartel going down below there in Kerry.

Michael is the only one to have impressed me with his political acumen anyway I can tell you that much.

Did you ever hear of his father, Jackie?

I agree with you on MHR hes a smart chap, I also like Johnny, both of them are approachable and caring, not met the rest of the family.

If they float then they are guilty !

Bought to you by the same reasoned argument that all the people of Kerry are mucksavages because some of them voted for the HRs.

I didn’t call all Kerry people muck savages

In regards to your first statement, yes they are guilty. Why do you think they are innocent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I don't think so, seems a stupid thing to do.

I think more likely the interest in the profession runs in the family. Like our butchers dad was - ALSO a butcher, and the blacksmiths dad - WAS also a blacksmith.

The blacksmiths dad is not generally blamed if his son's work is poor, not locally anyway.

Convenience more likely.

That's not the point. If one of the young thugs ran under Smith, how might they fare against the other thug if he was going under Healy-Rae?

In regards to your first statement, yes they are guilty. Why do you think they are innocent?

I didnt say you said it, it was a poster just before.

I was discussing "The Healy Raes", its the thread title.

Convenience more likely.

That's not the point. If one of the young thugs ran under Smith, how might they fare against the other thug if he was going under Healy-Rae?

I have read that a few times, I must be being thick, can you explain the point another way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Shock and horror, no wonder the government wanted to curtail the powers of local government.

I didnt say you said it, it was a poster just before.

I was discussing "The Healy Raes", its the thread title.

I noticed you didnt answer my question?

I noticed you didnt answer my question?

You said "Parents should be judged based on their children...."

I said "If they float then they are guilty !"

I was comparing your statement to the judgments made in the witch trails in the late 1600's, the ducking stool etc.

As I have had to explain it I obviously failed my attempt at humor.

I don't believe there is a question for me to answer, I didn't voice an opinion on the incident at the chip van, check my posts ?

Edit: If you are trying to ask me to comment on the verdict in relation to the chip van thing, it obviously happened the CCTV showed the details, as to what was said etc, no idea.

• Advertisement

You said "Parents should be judged based on their children...."

I said "If they float then they are guilty !"

I was comparing your statement to the judgments made in the witch trails in the late 1600's, the ducking stool etc.

As I have had to explain it I obviously failed my attempt at humor.

I don't believe there is a question for me to answer, I didn't voice an opinion on the incident at the chip van, check my posts ?

In case you missed it I put it in bold...thats the question I am referring to.....

Sorry just answered in an edit above.

No as I said, there was obviously an altercation and they have been found guilty.

Edit: Assuming you are talking about the chipvan and not the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

Yes he proved how intelligent he was when he sang the praises of John Delaney last April didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Out boosting the profiles https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/kerry-td-danny-healy-rae-banned-from-asking-dail-questions-for-rest-of-week-969612.html

As stupid as it may seem tagging themselves onto a turf ban ect is the way to go for the Healy Raes. Most green measures will be spun to be an attack on rural Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

There is something seriously wrong with this country when someone is allowed serve as a Councillor whilst having a criminal conviction for serious assault and who only dodged a custodial sentence because it was his first time.

And on a Joint Policing Strategy committee to boot. Someone needs to make the easy decision here pronto about the inappropriateness, if he wont do it himself. Or is it his fúcking Council too.

Brass neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

STB. wrote: »
    There is something seriously wrong with this country when someone is allowed serve as a Councillor whilst having a criminal conviction for serious assault and who only dodged a custodial sentence because it was his first time.

And on a Joint Policing Strategy committee to boot. Someone needs to make the easy decision here pronto about the inappropriateness, if he wont do it himself. Or is it his fúcking Council too.

Brass neck.

The second point is the one that really makes a mockery of things. I’m so so about the first one in the long run. If we had decent folk in office all over he’d have stepped down trim that committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The solicitor says one thing and they do another.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/1211/1098555-healy-rae-appeal/

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

salmocab wrote: »
    If we had decent folk in office all over he’d have stepped down trim that committee.

He'd claim that his conviction gives him valuable experience of the criminal justice system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Calhoun wrote: »
    Out boosting the profiles https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/kerry-td-danny-healy-rae-banned-from-asking-dail-questions-for-rest-of-week-969612.html

As stupid as it may seem tagging themselves onto a turf ban ect is the way to go for the Healy Raes. Most green measures will be spun to be an attack on rural Ireland.

Here's another one - making a few quid is DHR. Nice to be getting a dig out of 200k in contracts from the council.......

Advertisement