Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭sk8board

Mintos - I noticed this morning my auto invest had cash drag again, and sure enough i had to adjust down again to 9.5% to clear it out.

I know these lulls happen every year, but it feels like 10% is the new 14% in the P2P world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Not had too much time lately to review my p2p platforms. A few thoughts recently though:

The ViaInvest website had a bit of a makeover recently (4/Nov), a font change is all I'm seeing really! Unfortunately I am still seeing cash drag most days. "Currently there are no loans listed"

Mintos - all eyes on Aforti and MetroKredit at the moment.

Vientor - Aforti have loans available on Viventor also. Thankfully the few I had I was able to sell when the news broker there was issues with Aforti. Performance on the site has deteriorated over recent months. Loan volumes increasing on the Primary Market, currently about 20k loans, while the Secondary has ~15k.

Swaper - back to the old days of significant cash drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 P2PBanking.com

New recommended video interview with Bondora CEO Pärtel Tomberg
    https://www.p2p-kredite.com/diskussion/interview-mit-bondora-ceo-paertel-tomberg-von-kolja-und-lars-t7098.html
    in english with german subtitles (EDIT the intro in the video/ first minute or so, is in German language. Just skip through that).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

When I go to edit mode on my Mintos AutoInvest and go to show available loans it is showing loans available, however the system is not auto investing for me
    Is this working for everyone else?

• Advertisement

How have you set your diversification settings? Is the setting enabled or disabled in the portfolio?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

How have you set your diversification settings? Is the setting enabled or disabled in the portfolio?

It’s set as Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Wegian wrote: »
    When I go to edit mode on my Mintos AutoInvest and go to show available loans it is showing loans available, however the system is not auto investing for me
    Is this working for everyone else?

That hasn't worked in months...for me.

Sounds like you need to tweak the diversification settings. Under the diversification section, click the link for 'diversification settings' and modify the values for each loan originator.

The alternative option is to disable the diversification option. Your funds will get invested pretty quickly after it is disabled.

Wegian wrote: »
    It’s set as Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

p2p portals seem to be struggling in UK.

Personally I have no exposure to p2p in the UK, but I wonder is there anything here that we can read accross to European p2p?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Monego & Iutecredit have had their kosovan banking license revoked, loans from these originators in Kosovo on Mintos are currently suspended - i.e. cant buy and sell.

Ive only got 30€ in kosovan loans with both these companies, but substantially more in other countries by the same originator - time to offload

Got rid of my lutecredit loans just now. But not my Monego loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

How did you get rid of them if they’re suspended?

Not sure, but it let me sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Only the loans in Kosovo are suspended, but both originators offer loans in other countries.
    I was able to get rid of those, stuck with the kosovo ones still though

Hmm, ive enough tied up there to nearly wipe out all gains in the 20 months I'm on the site.

Liquidation proceedings....they are gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I have nothing in Monego

I do have a large portion of my portfolio with LuteCredit (Albania, & Moldova.....thankfully no exposure to Kosovo) though. Anybody else in the same boat ? If so... what are ye doing ? I wonder is there a danger that the whole of LuteCredit will collapse?

I have nothing in Monego

I do have a large portion of my portfolio with LuteCredit (Albania, & Moldova.....thankfully no exposure to Kosovo) though. Anybody else in the same boat ? If so... what are ye doing ? I wonder is there a danger that the whole of LuteCredit will collapse?

On phone But Iute got cheap ish €20million funding I think it was not long ago. Well rated so one would imagine safe.

I sold all.

And am withdrawing all as funds come back.

This on top of all of the hidden co owned originators is enough now for me.

To secretive mintos. Bang on about Transparency but are anything but.

Will take a few months to withdraw all and bye bye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

FFVII wrote: »
    On phone But Iute got cheap ish €20million funding I think it was not long ago. Well rated so one would imagine safe.

I sold all.

And am withdrawing all as funds come back.

This on top of all of the hidden co owned originators is enough now for me.

To secretive mintos. Bang on about Transparency but are anything but.

Will take a few months to withdraw all and bye bye.

I'm done with mintos for the foreseeable future

I have also decided to reduce my investments in Mintos. I've put up a large chunk of the loans for sale today. I'd like to reduce my investments by 50% before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

I have also decided to reduce my investments in Mintos. I've put up a large chunk of the loans for sale today. I'd like to reduce my investments by 50% before the end of the year.

It's twofold while I've decided to pull out
    (1) a recent upsurge in LO'S failing/getting into trouble
    (2) most/all of the recent LO'S to be signed to the site seem like junk tbh

Ive stopped my autoinvest on all platforms and started making withdrawals.

will have another look at it again in the new year but for now im reducing my exposure.

Fwiw I think the Iute problem is not of their making and it will work itself out but theres just too many glitches and problems lately.

Following up on my post... I sold ~50% of my Mintos loans today without any discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

What alternatives to Mintos are you guys looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WunnaYarzar

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Property Bridges is a new(ish) platform, 4 completed investments to date, one currently open for €700k, all Irish, all investments returning 7.5% to 8.5% pa so far, all investments secured against property/site. Looks far safer (to me) than LF the way that has gone, min investment €500 per investment.

Have you lent on Propertybridges, if so, has there been any late payments or defaults?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Some good news from Mintos regarding the Monego loans. The buyback guarantee has been taken over by another group, Finitera who will step in once payments have been delayed by 60 days.

Email below:

Last Friday, December 6, 2019, the Central Bank of Kosovo (CBK) informed Monego about the decision to revoke Monego’s microfinance license, effective immediately. The management team of Monego is working with all involved stakeholders to ensure the collection of customer payments. Monego shareholders are communicating and working with CBK to ensure the renewal of business operations.

Along with the license being revoked, Monego does not issue new loans. CBK has appointed a liquidator of Monego. The liquidator estimates that the elaboration and approval of a plan for covering creditor’s claims will require at least a month. The approval of the plan is subject to CBK decision.

Accordingly, last Friday Mintos informed investors that Monego issued loans are no longer present on the Primary and Secondary Markets.

At this time, the appointed liquidator, as representative of Monego, has the responsibility on behalf of Monego to transfer the received borrowers’ repayments for Monego issued loan investments to Mintos, for Mintos to credit investors accounts accordingly. In the unlikely case when Monego would not make the contractual payments to investors and, as a result - all loans would become late, Finitera as a guarantor will cover scheduled borrower payments to investors having investments in Monego loans once these payments are delayed for 60 days.

Finitera, an international fintech group operating in four markets with 122 branches employing 718 employees and with a share capital of 8 million EUR, was in the final stage of changing Monego shareholding structure and adding it under Finitera direct ownership. Although the work on reorganization was not finalized and as such Monego is not part of Finitera, Finitera has decided to grant a guarantee for certain obligations that Monego holds towards investors on Mintos.

Mintos is taking legal measures to claim from Monego monies due to investors on Mintos and has engaged a local law firm in Kosovo for that purpose.

We thank our investors for their patience while we work with all involved parties for the most suitable solution for this situation. Meanwhile, please contact our Investor Service team in case of additional questions.

Good news. I wonder when Finitera will kick in with buyback for the loans over 60 days late? I have one Monego loan 63 days late.

Just a final update on my withdrawal process - I ended up reducing my investment in Mintos to less than 20% of what it was a few days ago. All loans sold without a discount and most of the funds have been withdrawn. Funds withdrawn hit my account the next day too.

• Advertisement

Ive stopped all of my autoinvests across the boards.

Mintos , ive put up all my non current and 12mths + loans up for sale and letting the rest wash out.

Grupeer and Peerberry and Robo im withdrawing the cash as it matures .

Viventor and Fastinvest ive withdrawn my initial investment in both and just waiting for the rest to mature/sell then im out of both and wont go back in.

Estateguru im happy to leave and the same with Envestio as I dont have big funds in either.

Linked finance im withdrawing the money as it mature and wont go back in there either.

Longterm I intend on reducing my P2P portfolio, I went in way too hard and thankfully didnt get burnt.

I will leave a more modest Portfolio in Envestio, Estateguru Peerberry and Grupeer and Robocash and have the rest in Mintos.

Being honest I prob got a bit greedy and the Iute problem opened my eyes to the downside a bit more.

Atm ive withdrawn about 25% and will prob only leave about 25% in P2P in the new year.

Advertisement