Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Meh I'm sticking with vaxtards.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Great. Now they've come up with "Safe-vaxx" and there's a candidate running for POTUS for the Democratic Party who is in favor of it, Marianne Williamson. https://slate.com/technology/2019/12/marianne-williamson-anti-vax-safe-vax.html

So, the Democrats will have found a way to get me to vote for Trump: send this cretin out as their nominee.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Igotadose wrote: »
    Great. Now they've come up with "Safe-vaxx" and there's a candidate running for POTUS for the Democratic Party who is in favor of it, Marianne Williamson. https://slate.com/technology/2019/12/marianne-williamson-anti-vax-safe-vax.html

So, the Democrats will have found a way to get me to vote for Trump: send this cretin out as their nominee.

"I'm just concerned about vaccine safety"

"I'm just asking questions about the Holocaust"

New packaging for the same old denialism

• Registered Users Posts: 40,232 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dohnjoe wrote: »

AKA JAQing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's as tedious as it is transparent.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Malaysia has just reported its first case of Polio in 27 years. the country was declared polio free in 2000. The village the kid came from has a vaccination rate below 90%. **** the antivaxxers.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/malaysia-reports-polio-case-27-years-191208141847707.html

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Not my words but a statement I mostly agree with

"No wonder vaccine products, which have not been properly safety tested, are being increasingly rejected. Shunned not because of misinformation, but because of the government’s self-inflicted loss of faith, coupled with its deep collusion with pharmaceutical companies where profits over people is their modus operandi."

hcf500 wrote: »

"No wonder vaccine products, which have not been properly safety tested, are being increasingly rejected. Shunned not because of misinformation, but because of the government’s self-inflicted loss of faith, coupled with its deep collusion with pharmaceutical companies where profits over people is their modus operandi."

They are being rejected because anti-vaxxers are quite happy to lie about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Then, you need as much help as whoever made this statement. It's a pile of lies and misinformation on *all* topics.

Shunned because OF misinformation
    They've been ridiculously safety tested.

Deep collusion with pharmecutical companies - uhuh.

And on, and on. What a pile of bollox. If you spread it, you obviously agree with it.

Translation: Vaccines aren't safe because government and "big pharma" are evil and can't be trusted

Reality: Preventable infectious diseases are making a comeback, people are actually dying directly as a result of falsehoods like the above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If that crap isn't your words, who wrote it? (Or are they actually your words?)
    Be brave about your beliefs even if they are really really stupid! And wrong!

I understand that drug companies bottom line is to make profit and please the shareholders. I don't hold that against them. However the state should not be using taxpayers money to help them and their shareholders profit, and at the same time neglect some of the most vulnerable in the country, children who have had their lives ruined because of a vaccine.

When they were rolling out that vaccine, there is plenty evidence that they blatantly lied and claimed that the vaccine was fully tested when it was not. Are people expected to trust these health authorities that were caught out lying and publishing false information. The public must have lost a lot of faith in the health services and that is completely the fault of the state. There is a huge amount of vaccine dis information also but it is not the sole cause for vaccine hesitancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

I understand that drug companies bottom line is to make profit and please the shareholders. I don't hold that against them. However the state should not be using taxpayers money to help them and their shareholders profit, and at the same time neglect some of the most vulnerable in the country, children who have had their lives ruined because of a vaccine.

When they were rolling out that vaccine, there is plenty evidence that they blatantly lied and claimed that the vaccine was fully tested when it was not. Are people expected to trust these health authorities that were caught out lying and publishing false information. The public must have lost a lot of faith in the health services and that is completely the fault of the state. There is a huge amount of vaccine dis information also but it is not the sole cause for vaccine hesitancy.

Any links to that

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...and the earth is flat. FACT!
    :rolleyes:

...and the earth is flat. FACT!
    :rolleyes:

You might want to double check that fact!

Igotadose wrote: »
    Then, you need as much help as whoever made this statement. It's a pile of lies and misinformation on *all* topics.

Shunned because OF misinformation
    They've been ridiculously safety tested.

Deep collusion with pharmecutical companies - uhuh.

And on, and on. What a pile of bollox. If you spread it, you obviously agree with it.

http://claredaly.ie/latest-pandemrix-revelations-we-need-answers-from-government-and-justice-for-narcolepsy-sufferers/#more-6688

That link explains exactly what happened with that vaccine. Was it fully tested? No! Yet they claimed it was fully tested! Even when the "pandemic" was officially declared over, the hse still advised gp's to use the vaccine. Seems there is misinformation coming from both sides.

Seems there is misinformation coming from both sides.

You are clearly demonstrating there is one source of disinformation
    1. You are exaggerating one case and leaving out crucial context - that disinformation comes directly from yourself
    2. You are using that case to cast doubt vaccines and medical science in general - more disinformation
    3. You use all of this to spread your personal "evil big pharma" conspiracy narrative - again, more blatant disinformation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

http://claredaly.ie/latest-pandemrix-revelations-we-need-answers-from-government-and-justice-for-narcolepsy-sufferers/#more-6688

That link explains exactly what happened with that vaccine. Was it fully tested? No! Yet they claimed it was fully tested! Even when the "pandemic" was officially declared over, the hse still advised gp's to use the vaccine. Seems there is misinformation coming from both sides.

The only sources I can see in this article are Daly's own blog. There is no equivalence here. The anti-vaxx side are the ones pumping out lies. If anti-vaxxers had any interest in justice or accountability they'd be lobbying their TD instead of spreading their toxic ideology online.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How many people need to die to show anti vaxxers that they are wrong? Maybe their own children dying is a price worth paying to keep the herd safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭waxmoth

Malaysia has just reported its first case of Polio in 27 years. the country was declared polio free in 2000. The village the kid came from has a vaccination rate below 90%. **** the antivaxxers.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/malaysia-reports-polio-case-27-years-191208141847707.html

It was not mentioned in the article that this case and the Philippines cases were caused by vaccine derived polioviruses – part of a rapid increase in outbreaks associated with live virus vaccine strains.
    Compared with January 2017–June 2018 (3), the number of reported cVDPV outbreaks more than tripled, from nine to 29; 25 (86%) of the outbreaks were caused by cVDPV2. The increase in the number of outbreaks in 2019 resulted from VDPV2 both inside and outside of mOPV2 response areas.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6855511/

waxmoth wrote: »
    It was not mentioned in the article that this case and the Philippines cases were caused by vaccine derived polioviruses – part of a rapid increase in outbreaks associated with live virus vaccine strains.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6855511/

If the vaccination rate had been sufficient then they would not have caught polio. the lack of vaccinations is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I mean, only for the fact that they are a danger to society, I'd say "F*ck 'em. Darwinism in action. Morons be morons." but they shouldn't be allowed in public.

It easy to say the information I am sharing is lies but please point out where these lies are. I shared a link to Clare Daly. Point out the lies there please. You might be surprised but you will not find any! Anyone?

You are clearly demonstrating there is one source of disinformation
    1. You are exaggerating one case and leaving out crucial context - that disinformation comes directly from yourself
    2. You are using that case to cast doubt vaccines and medical science in general - more disinformation
    3. You use all of this to spread your personal "evil big pharma" conspiracy narrative - again, more blatant disinformation
    1 Where did I exaggerate?
    2 Where did I do this?
    3 I don't think "big pharma" is evil! Where did you get that idea?

It easy to say the information I am sharing is lies but please point out where these lies are. I shared a link to Clare Daly. Point out the lies there please. You might be surprised but you will not find any! Anyone?

You just pasted a link and we're supposed to take Daly's opinion as fact. No thanks.

H. H. Asquith

It easy to say the information I am sharing is lies but please point out where these lies are.

You are using your perceptions of isolated cases to cast doubt on the effectiveness of something in general

If you at the very least prefaced your posts with "I know that vaccines are 99.99% safe, however in X case.. " - but you don't

1 Where did I exaggerate?
    2 Where did I do this?
    3 I don't think "big pharma" is evil! Where did you get that idea?

In your comment here for example (my comments in bold) There is so much wrong with that statement.
    "Not my words but a statement I mostly agree with

"No wonder vaccine products, which have not been properly safety tested, out-of-context and spurious generalisation are being increasingly rejected. vaccines are being rejected due anti-vax disinfo and fearmongering Shunned not because of misinformation, false but because of the government’s self-inflicted loss of faith, coupled with its deep collusion with pharmaceutical companies where profits over people is their modus operandi. nonsense allusion to "Big Pharma" conspiracy theory

• Advertisement

You just pasted a link and we're supposed to take Daly's opinion as fact. No thanks.

You obviously did not make any attempt to read it. If you did you would see that it is not an opinion piece. The letter and the vaccine leaflet that she shared are telling and they are proof of the lies that I mentioned. She goes through the timeline of events surrounding the vaccine. These events happened and have nothing to do with her opinion!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement