Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisis on Infinite Earths (Arrowverse Crossover 2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

pixelburp wrote: »
    I've always loved how, as much as they might try, those CW shows' big action climaxes always end up with actors flailing like eejits around somewhere outside in Vancouver, with minimal CGI to dress up the drama :D

Don't think I'm going to bother with this years, on consideration. Still watching Supergirl, so I'll catch the first episode of Crisis(?), but I haven't returned to The Flash, and don't feel I'm missing anything. Unless I hear it ends with some big important change to the universe (which is rumoured).

Guggenheim has said that Crisis is the chance for all the shows to change anything they want so I can expect big changes to some of the shows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Guggenheim has said that Crisis is the chance for all the shows to change anything they want so I can expect big changes to some of the shows.

Right. I presume the "previously on..." for each show will catch up on the new status quo that happened elsewhere.

How is Flash this year? In so burnt out by its lazy formula I'm struggling to raise the energy to watch.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Right. I presume the "previously on..." for each show will catch up on the new status quo that happened elsewhere.

How is Flash this year? In so burnt out by its lazy formula I'm struggling to raise the energy to watch.

I posted a recap of this season of Flash earlier this week in this thread along with recaps for the other shows. It was an alright season, it was mainly getting the team ready for after Crisis.

Here a refresher on all the shows apart from Black Lightning, spoilers obviously
    https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrowverse-refresher-what-happened-crisis-on-infinite-earths/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Comic sites have extensive spoilers I'm shutting down until I see Supergirl on Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that was a shock ending -
    three more episodes of Arrow left without Arrow
    - and damn the big gap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well f**k! Where do we go from here?

Epic start to the crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭pah

Good episode, nice Easter eggs and cameos. The "army" that they had to fight was a pile of sh1te however

• Registered Users Posts: 60,431 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A bit Meh for me.

Really can't stand Batwoman or more so the actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked it as an opener.
    Surprised that happened at the end, so soon.
    Earth 1 is gonna get a shock when 3 billion people land.
    So where did Oliver get the case from that he gave to Mia?

Had a wee laugh at them obviously missing some effects. When Batwoman jumped the crates with her upgraded batarang, could see Ray in the background moving his hands shooting, but nothing was coming out.

Didn't recognise Wil Wheaton until I saw his name in the end credits

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I liked it as an opener.
    where did Oliver get the case from that he gave to Mia?

He probably got Ray or Brainy to make it since they were at the DEO.

• Advertisement

pah wrote: »
    Good episode, nice Easter eggs and cameos. The "army" that they had to fight was a pile of sh1te however

The army was a bit naff but not bad for a tv show

Holy **** that is the way to start a crossover no turning back now.

Crisis Aftermath Q and A show that aired after part 1

Holy #@&* Jason Todd and Hawk from Titans that is the one Easter egg I did not expect

• Registered Users Posts: 60,431 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I will say if that is the last we see of
    Stephen Amell
    in the Arrowverse that will go down as the greatest exit from a show ever.

However they will undo everything before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So I only watch Flash (and even that's a struggle lately). Do I really need to watch this?

As long as Batwoman gets murdered or shot into the sun I'll be satisfied. Great cameos in those opening scenes

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So I only watch Flash (and even that's a struggle lately). Do I really need to watch this?

Yes definitely watch Supergirl and Batwoman too once that airs.

I will say if that is the last we see of
    Stephen Amell
    in the Arrowverse that will go down as the greatest exit from a show ever.

However they will undo everything before the end.

I'd say
    Amell
    will still be in the crossover but as different versions of
    Oliver

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Lacked a little something for me - it was a bit too busy and so the ending lost some impact. Almost too quickly dealt with.

Any time Batwoman spoke, the energy just drained from the screen. Shocking how poor she fares against Melissa Benoist who shines on screen.

I wonder how much of a reset we'll have:
    I suspect Earth-38 is bunched and this allows them to have Supergirl and Superman remain on Earth-1.

Oliver might come back with a variant.

The Flash will die but it'll be something lame like a Flash from an alternate universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Holy #@&* Jason Todd and Hawk from Titans that is the one Easter egg I did not expect

Shame it was stock footage though. For me the best easter eggs were the Batman 89 and Batman 66 theme tune

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought that was great. The only downside was the dementors - a bit derivative and a bit crap.

Wasn't expecting that ending so soon (even though in hindsight it was foreshadowed by
    the costume handover
    ).

From tonight's episode The last ten seconds Oh jesus HEAVY SPOILER

Knew Brandon Routh was gonna reprise his role as Superman - think it's been general knowledge for a while now so not such a big spoiler but looking forward to it (didn't think it was a bad film at all and looked so much like CR)

fritzelly wrote: »
    Knew Brandon Routh was gonna reprise his role as Superman - think it's been general knowledge for a while now so not such a big spoiler but looking forward to it (didn't think it was a bad film at all and looked so much like CR)
    Its the music that theme hearing it so unexpected

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Its the music that theme hearing it so unexpected

Had to rewatch it, very low key. Hated the new theme for Superman - really thought they would have brought it in somehow, I mean Superman was iconic throughout the 80's
    Wonder how much those few seconds cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well there was no slowing down with this one. 2 out of 2 great episodes.
    Brandon looked great in the suit and Kevin Conroy was an excellent real-life Bruce.
    Erica Durance is still a babe too. :o

Even Ruby didn't screw up her own episode.

I have to give credit to the composers too. They're doing a great job of mixing in the little musical motifs we all love.

I laughed at the farmer love the direction the story took there it's a great crossover so far.

I laughed at the farmer love the direction the story took there it's a great crossover so far.

Yeah I think that was a fitting ending for that character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

They're knocking it out of the park so far. The cameos and nods to previous characters, shows and movies are a joy to see.

Advertisement