Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Atiyah Sunday - Monday, 8th - 9th Dec 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

ASCAT winds at 20:07. You can see the core of strongest winds just off the west coast, with a single 50-knot vector in there.

497180.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭aidanodr

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/1203814980346417152

ALWAYS at least one isnt there ... every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gusting near 80kmh Arklow west

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

A couple of big gusts now in Galway coming from an unusual direction, normally hits the front of the house from the west, this is more of a North westerly direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

aidanodr wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MunsterStorm/status/1203802025152204801

More to come this week?

D'Express in UK mentioning weather bombs and storm Brendan .. very reliable is D'Exprezz :D

So who here decided to jump on the weather bandwagon & set this page up 9hrs ago 🀣

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Gusting near 80kmh Arklow west

85.3kmh west

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

And getting more violent now, and then calm again ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Some extremely heavy rain/hail now and more mad gusts. It's a wicked night.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭vid36

Some very strong gusts the last 15 minutes in Galway City .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Big gusts in Kildare. The roar across the countryside is getting louder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Am I imagining it getting stronger in cork city or is it that the wind is changing direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That, and the slightly ominous rattle on the roof above my bedroom are mine.....

Forgot to mention the letterbox....if it flaps there's some serious winds..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

North Kildare is a yellow warning but it’s getting gusty out. Debating whether I need to get up and tie down the bins or am I being silly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Reports of a trampoline flying into the road in Turners Cross, and the winds sound like they're getting stronger instead of weaker in Douglas...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Gusting to 60km/h in Waterford City, In the grand scheme of things not that strong but for us sheltered folks in the Sunny South East it feels windy

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Wind very strong here just north of Arklow now. Really strong gusts blowing through the past hour or so. I hope a few precarious trees are still standing in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Darc19 wrote: »
    In many cases, the front of the bins will fit snuggly under a rear of house window sill. - certainly in the last 3 places I have lived.

A bale of briquettes or a bag of coal.

A brick might be too light in areas of high gusts

Unfortunately my bin has to sit out on the main road, or it don't get lifted. Hopefully it will stay upright.

It's pretty out there at present, and some heavy showers that sound like hail.

Anyone know how malin head is gusting recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Heard a loud noise and the lights flicker, looked outside and the streetlights have all gone out, alarms going off to here in thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Exceptional gusts south Kildare. Dogs had to be forced out for their night-time piddles 😂

Never seen them go so quickly 😂

All four of us snuggled in the bed. Wife complaining about dogs getting better treatment than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Real chaos at Cork airport tonight with numerous flights cancelled and diverted.

Do any of the experts here know if what is coming on Thursday/Friday will be as bad as tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭aidanodr

aidanodr wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MunsterStorm/status/1203802025152204801

More to come this week?

D'Express in UK mentioning weather bombs and storm Brendan .. very reliable is D'Exprezz :D

https://twitter.com/weatheir/status/1203826086418821121

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

pad199207 wrote: »
    Big gusts in Kildare. The roar across the countryside is getting louder

The house here is timber frame and I could feel a little sway there on one of them gusts , long long time since I felt that and hadn’t got 12 pint bottles of Irish Champagne ( Bulmers ) in me .

Last 30 mins it’s really blowing a gale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gusts completely died off in Galway gusting to 35mph at present

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Wind ramping up again last 20 mins with + 65km gusts from wnw

North Cork border

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Coastal wicklow very windy and noisy, hope those over west are doing OK

• Registered Users Posts: 25 greencoat

A fair ole wind starting to blow here in nrth dublin,good job i tied santa and the clan down with ropes in the garden,great thread cheers for all the informative posts,much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Tres Windy Meath. You can see the clouds rolling by thanks to the light of the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Gusting to 55 knots at Sligo Airport now.

METAR EISG 090030Z AUTO 32032G55KT 4300 -RA SCT016 SCT023 BKN034 08/07 Q1000=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

The house here is timber frame and I could feel a little sway there on one of them gusts , long long time since I felt that and hadn’t got 12 pint bottles of Irish Champagne ( Bulmers ) in me .

Last 30 mins it’s really blowing a gale

My house does this from time to time. Not tonight thankfully. Always makes me a bit nervous to be woken up to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭highdef

Just a regular stormy winter night in North Kildare and when I say stormy I mean that average winds are of strong breeze to near gale force strength with the the strongest gusts being gale force 8, touching 9. Was walking the dog in the past hour and it was fine. All in all, the weather tonight is exactly as I expected.

Advertisement