Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Cadet Programme 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gav4321

Anyone still waiting to hear back? I have seen on other theads (Pprune) that people have received rejection emails. Hard to know what way they are doing it. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since the process ended

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Deadbolt91

Does anyone have any idea when those who completed the psych interviews might hear back by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

What joke of process, company policies and the whole communication failure.
    Looks like a complete non transparent procedure, secretive and out of common sense.

I do understand there are some commercially secrets and / or NDAs but I am quite embarrassed myself and I cannot lie anymore to my junior, I guess I just to tell him to forget it.

To all of you, good luck, I'm out, bigger and visible chances on winning lottery and getting my own aircraft ,airfield and ,dunno...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭horsey63

Very hard on those people who 'technically ' are still in the process to see Aer Lingus advertising in DCU etc for the February 2020 class.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

rolion wrote: »
    What joke of process, company policies and the whole communication failure.
    Looks like a complete non transparent procedure, secretive and out of common sense.

I do understand there are some commercially secrets and / or NDAs but I am quite embarrassed myself and I cannot lie anymore to my junior, I guess I just to tell him to forget it.

To all of you, good luck, I'm out, bigger and visible chances on winning lottery and getting my own aircraft ,airfield and ,dunno...

100% agree
    I went for last year’s competition and was treated the same, emailed looking for feedback never even acknowledged me. Aer lingus stinks of nepotism!!! If your treated like this applying imagine what way the internal mechanics work for employees, very poor image of aer lingus now, I wouldn’t even book a flight with them anymore because that can’t even acknowledge you, sad times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Deadbolt91

Has anyone who completed psych interview been invited to a medical yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Cadetship is open again,posted on 13th and closing tomorrow, [SNIP]

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Winglets787

Hi all. Has anybody completed the online assessments? How did you fair? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Hi all. Has anybody completed the online assessments? How did you fair? Cheers

Tried it and was doing ok until one exam. All the rest well do-able. Online interview is still bs. It's an awful ordeal

whampiri wrote: »
    Tried it and was doing ok until one exam. All the rest well do-able. Online interview is still bs. It's an awful ordeal

Hopefully all results are good. Did you apply when it opened over the summer?

I found the assessments okay. Definitely did better than I expected. Video interview went okay but it's the typical awkward talking to your self part I hate.

• Advertisement

And that's it folks. The wait begins. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Anybody hear anything back?

Anybody hear anything back?

No but don't expect so. Logical reasoning test caught me. I didn't realize that it was Sudoku with shapes. More instructions there would've helped me a lot.

No but don't expect so. Logical reasoning test caught me. I didn't realize that it was Sudoku with shapes. More instructions there would've helped me a lot.

I agree. I didn't realise that at all - they didn't really state that. I wonder if they do that purposely to see if you realise. I did realise but annoyingly took a while.

I agree. I didn't realise that at all - they didn't really state that. I wonder if they do that purposely to see if you realise. I did realise but annoyingly took a while.

I looked at it and tried to apply a rule. 1st one was no problem but after that it was guess work as there was no logical single rule and it was impossible to determine that more than one rule was required. The only people who passed this test are those who have come across this before or had prior knowledge. I'd hardly call that deductive reasoning and certainly didn't put people on the same starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I looked at it and tried to apply a rule. 1st one was no problem but after that it was guess work as there was no logical single rule and it was impossible to determine that more than one rule was required. The only people who passed this test are those who have come across this before or had prior knowledge. I'd hardly call that deductive reasoning and certainly didn't put people on the same starting point.
    Not at all, It was very clear once you realised it worked the same as a sudoku. I'd never done that type of test before and it only took me a moment to cop on.

Video was horrendous and the tunnel flying didn't work too well with my mouse but rest was very straight forward.

Anyone get rejected from Nov application?

Anyone get rejected from Nov application?

From the automatic email from Aer Lingus when applying:

Following the initial screening, the most suitable candidates will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process. If your application is successful at this stage, we will contact you within 4 weeks of the vacancy closing date.

If you have not heard from us within this time then we regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.

ie. they won't be sending rejection emails this time it seems. 4 weeks from closing is soon I think.

Has anyone who applied in November been called for an assessment?

Has anyone who applied in November been called for an assessment?

Yes, the slots have been filled for today until next Tuesday/Wednesday I think - they aren't doing 2 full weeks this time AFAIK just 1 week (5 business days)

• Advertisement

I wonder will we see another assessment week in early 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonneyalex

Hello all!

When do we think the next process will open for applicants?

jonneyalex wrote: »
    Hello all!

When do we think the next process will open for applicants?

Probably spring/summer 2020? I mean they’re going at unprecedented levels atm so it can’t keep going for a lot longer. They have so many loose ends to tie up with DEPs, CC recruitment and 2 cadetships.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EI121

Given the recent announcement from EI regarding 900 job losses due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, has the cadets that started earlier this year have their contracts terminated?

No doubt this will be the end of the cadetship for the coming years... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭breadmond

No cadets who had started training have been cut at this point. One class of who were due to start have had their training cancelled but there are still 30 cadets in training at the moment. I would think that they will try to keep them in training as a lot of the costs are already paid and once they finish they will be cheaper than new direct entry pilots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

One class has been effectively laid off as they were only five weeks into their training;the class before them have no slots to go to so will wait. The company will do it's best (cajoled by the Union) to make sure that they get future slots because these cadets are of no value to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Speed_Alive

How unfair it is to have a dream ended due to a virus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

With all respect to them, these cadets haven't spent a penny on their training and will be at no financial loss. They still even stand a good chance of being sent back out at some point in future when aer lingus get a better view of the future.

I'd feel a lot more sympathy for self sponsored guys who are 90k+ deep into it, guys who were just coming up to their ME/IR exam or guys who picked up the license just before we all locked down. It's them who made a tremendous sacrifice and quite frankly it won't pay off for quite some while and they have no airline who even knows their names yet. They're the ones deserving sympathy if there is any going

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

How unfair it is to have a dream ended due to a virus
    First Gulf War ended dreams.
    9/11 ended dreams.
    SARS ended dreams.
    2008 GFC ended dreams.
    Political chaos ends dreams.

The aviation industry is very sensitive to global economic shocks.
    Always has been and always will be. Any aviation worker or wannabe must be aware of that.
    There will be more shocks in ~2028 or ~2035. Its the nature of a global economic system. There will probably be another viral outbreak in the future (SARS and Bird Flu were the warnings)

Anyone who got the cadetship will have the drive and ability to find their feet elsewhere. Those who are indebted up to 100K will have a struggle ahead of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Astral Nav

1123 and Tenger have neatly summed it up very well. The real hardship is for people who have self sponsored and are not flying and won't be for a while. I've experienced previous downturns and there is a recovery eventually. GW 1 took about 3-4 years though.
    The EI cadets are generally a well motivated bunch (and are not shy about having a high opinion of themselves). Previously they have been well looked after and brought back when things improve, this time will most likely be the same.
    For anyone stuck with debt or a half completed licence, hang tough and learn as much as you can about aviation. You will be needed in time.

Advertisement