Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Cadet Programme 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tristan100

I just got the call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Tristan100 wrote: »

Congratulations!! Hopefully the wait will be over for all of us soon. Takes them about a week to call everyone and then the emails come out

tomister wrote: »
    Congratulations!! Hopefully the wait will be over for all of us soon. Takes them about a week to call everyone and then the emails come out

Thanks, I'm delighted.
    Best of luck to everyone still waiting on that phone call!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That's amazing. Must be a sweet feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 littlelaurad

Congratulations! I’ll be anxiously waiting for a call/ email now for the next week! Haha

• Advertisement

Poster on Pprune says they got the rejection email.

The Aer Lingus Advertising emails are not helping the wait at all

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DustPan12

Big congratulations to you!!! Well done and thank you for letting us know, so we can all sit around anxiously waiting! Lol. Hopefully I (and others here) will be joining you.

Also can I ask, did you receive an email too yet or has it only been the phone call?

DustPan12 wrote: »
    Big congratulations to you!!! Well done and thank you for letting us know, so we can all sit around anxiously waiting! Lol. Hopefully I (and others here) will be joining you.

Also can I ask, did you receive an email too yet or has it only been the phone call?

Only a phone call so far. She said she'd follow-up with a mail, but it'll probably come this evening after the phone calls are complete.

Only a phone call so far. She said she'd follow-up with a mail, but it'll probably come this evening after the phone calls are complete.

Great! Well, I’ll just go find my charger and sit anxiously for the next 4 business hours and hope for the best lol. Amazing news for you, congratulations again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 littlelaurad

Got my call too! Delighted! Best of luck to everyone!

Got my call too! Delighted! Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Any info given on when the next stage is?

And of course, congrats.

Congratulations to all that have gotten good news today!

Reading Pprune there people have been getting rejection emails throughout the day so its not a mass rejection email

Hold tight everyone as we're in for another few days of constantly holding our phones....

I received the dreaded email! :(

Oh well, hopefully there will be another chance next year and I’ll have an idea of what to expect. Absolute best of luck to everybody still waiting! And congratulations to those that heard good news! :)

What dates were people offered for assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gav4321

Still received nothing (no email or call). It seems bizarre that they have emailed some people rejection emails, and lots of people still heard nothing.
    Surely the logical thing to do is call the 250ppl or so that will be called for interview and once everybody is confirmed, then send out the rejection email.

gav4321 wrote: »
    Still received nothing (no email or call). It seems bizarre that they have emailed some people rejection emails, and lots of people still heard nothing.
    Surely the logical thing to do is call the 250ppl or so that will be called for interview and once everybody is confirmed, then send out the rejection email.

In the same boat here - have never checked my spam folder as much!
    I'd say with the sheer volume of applicants they are probably sending out the rejection mails in batches so as to not overwhelm their mail servers. Seems they went out across the day yesterday.

Just a general Q that I’m wondering now that I’ve received my rejection for this year. I was expecting it if I’m honest. But in the future I will know what to expect with the process.. but does anybody know if the FPP is an annual Programme? I’m aware it has been around for quite a few years with breaks between but seems the past 2-3 years running it’s been an annual Programme.

Also, I’m sure more calls/ emails will be going out over the next week or so.. with previous volumes of applicants, there isn’t a possibility of sending out thousands of emails at once as their entire system would crash. Best of luck to those still waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gav4321

Another day, still nothing. Anyone else the same?

• Advertisement

Same as. Still hopeful though - imagine calls will still be ongoing tomorrow, today’s only the 3rd day of calls, takes them a long time. Bear in mind last year people got called weeks after (even 1 month I saw somebody).

No email is good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SeanKilbane20

Hi there . I didn't apply but my brother did . He got an email off then saying to call them back as he's stateside and missed the call however the phone number they gave him isn't working . Any other way of contacting them ? Called head office and there no help on this matter . Just worried he may lose his place ( if he has got it)
    Cheers

Same here.... wonder how they've split up the batches for the mails/calls. Looking at last year calls took a week but some people got no call or email for weeks as they were in the reserve pool

Keep positive :)

Hi there . I didn't apply but my brother did . He got an email off then saying to call them back as he's stateside and missed the call however the phone number they gave him isn't working . Any other way of contacting them ? Called head office and there no help on this matter . Just worried he may lose his place ( if he has got it)
    Cheers

He would have gotten an email address in the assessment process that could be used to contact the HR team

tomister wrote: »
    Same here.... wonder how they've split up the batches for the mails/calls. Looking at last year calls took a week but some people got no call or email for weeks as they were in the reserve pool

Keep positive :)

Exactly...

For anyone wondering, I seem to have been one of the first get the call and my surname begins with B - Maybe they're sending the emails and making the calls in alphabetical order?

For anyone wondering, I seem to have been one of the first get the call and my surname begins with B - Maybe they're sending the emails and making the calls in alphabetical order?

I’m S here... was wondering if it was based on application number either. I applied about 2 weeks before the closing date

I bloody hope not or I’m fecked!

Last year I think this was debunked though that it wasn’t alphabetical.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

I applied just before the closing date and I'm "W" and I've heard nothing, but one of my buddies who's "N" has heard back and another one of his friends has heard back but I've no idea what their last name begins with. Both of them didn't get it.

• Advertisement

At 16:48 I'm not holding my breath for a call today.... email perhaps but not a call

Advertisement