Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Match Day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is going to be a monumentally bad gameweek
    Do we think Tomori might get his place back ?

Also I hate Pulisic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

km79 wrote: »

Also I hate Pulisic

Tomori will get his place back the exact week you take him out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Also I hate Pulisic

Pulisic was playing very well in the first half. He shipped a few heavy tackles in the second and hasn’t looked too bothered since.

#Bigdunctactics

Islander13 wrote: »
    Tomori will get his place back the exact week you take him out

I am BB next week and need him to start so I can sell fredericks first

• Advertisement

Pulisic was playing very well in the first half. He shipped a few heavy tackles in the second and hasn’t looked too bothered since.

all fart no **** again so
    same every week

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

siblers wrote: »
    Wouldn't imagine TAA will come on unless to replace an injured defender. Mané will probably only get gametime if Liverpool are struggling

Would assume a fair few will have captained Mané

Mane more likely to come on than TAA alright. If Liverpool are absolutely coasting, Mane will stay benched.

same every week

4 blanks in a row. On the other hand Ricky is on fire, 4 goals in 5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Feck....captained Mane knowing it was a risk.

Vardy vice and Cantwell first sub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Hopefully Liverpool get played off the field in the first half so mane comes on and saves the day, I really don't understand benching your best player unless he is unwell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I just saw there that no team has conceded more Premier League goals away from home than Chelsea this season.

Sawduck wrote: »
    Hopefully Liverpool get played off the field in the first half so mane comes on and saves the day, I really don't understand benching your best player unless he is unwell

They can afford a couple of slip ups in league
    They can’t mid week in europe
    Ahead of a heavy schedule
    Completely understandable and I’m glad in a way it has happened this week

I just saw there that no team has conceded more Premier League goals away from home than Chelsea this season.

Lost 3 in their last 4 league games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

surely arsenal have? (arsenal fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Lost 3 in the last 4 league games too.

Everton looked a totally different animal today...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

darego wrote: »

No

Chelsea are tied for 17 conceded now with a few other teams.

Arsenal 14

Nope. Arsenal have only shipped 11 away. In fact Chelsea are one of the best home teams but the joint-worst away team on the basis of goals conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Didn't sell Kane for in the end...we'll see how that works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thought Norwich did

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

same every week

In 90 league games for Dortmund he only scored 13 goals. He has never scored more than 4 league goals in a season up until this year.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Thought Norwich did

Norwich have shipped 14 away and 18 at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,124 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sawduck wrote: »

Liverpool have 10 games in under 30 days. They play an important CL game in the early game on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

In 90 league games for Dortmund he only scored 13 goals. He has never scored more than 4 league goals in a season up until this year.

He is only 21 now which I would have thought allowed for another few years to improve. Going to give him another couple of weeks to get some returns on my team anyway. It's not like he has been playing badly from what I have heard so I think he will get some attacking returns again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

macraignil wrote: »
    He is only 21 now which I would have thought allowed for another few years to improve. Going to give him another couple of weeks to get some returns on my team anyway. It's not like he has been playing badly from what I have heard so I think he will get some attacking returns again.

Absolutely think he is a decent option but those 3 games when he hit 5 goals was a massive purple patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

Probably best that Mane comes on for a couple of minutes, even though I have him.

Considering almost everyone has Mane, bound to be a few that captained him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FitzShane wrote: »
    Liverpool have 10 games in under 30 days. They play an important CL game in the early game on Tuesday.

But the point still remains - benching your best player doesn't really make sense. if cruising take him off at half time or 60 mins.

What will he do if after an hour pool are losing or drawing? Do you bring him on, or by your logic they have important CL game - just trust the players you have will get the winning goal, and leave him on the bench?

Last season Liverpool let slip a 10 point lead in March? We are in December now and like you said games come tick and fast - why risk dropping points?

Ask any Liverpool fan - do they want to win the Champions league again or the Premier League.

Edit to add, Pool were up 4-2 v Everton and he didn't bother taking Mane off for a rest - again would make sense to do that once game is one?

Just Alli and zaha starting in the3pms now
    Need a goal from each !
    Nobody in the evening game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Absolutely delighted to see Mane and TAA benched... lost a good bit of ground last week sticking with Salah/Robertson so really hoping that this week turns the tide somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ace2007 wrote: »
    What will he do if after an hour pool are losing or drawing? Do you bring him on, or by your logic they have important CL game - just trust the players you have will get the winning goal, and leave him on the bench?

It's a gamble by Klopp that the players can do the job. His preference will be not to play him because a rest is needed at some point.

But if he has to bring him on to try and win it, he will.

Its quite logical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭matthewmurdock

Kane (c) and Alli my two starters at 3pm.

Also in 3pm games but less straightforward, if Mane doesn't play then Rico will come off the bench for him so one of them will be relevant to my score.

Jesus and De Bruyne for the evening game.

Advertisement