Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Sony Wh-XB900N Extra Bass Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, Up To 30 Hours Battery Life, Hands Free Call, Alexa - £129 deal of the day a saving of £100

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RT5YMF5

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Black ones are the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Anyone see any good Black Friday deals on the apple airpods?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

grape86 wrote: »
    Anyone see any good Black Friday deals on the apple airpods?

They've dropped to £129 once or twice on Amazon in the last week or two.. so go that way again in the next few days.

They're currently reduced to £129 on BTShop.. presuming they'll ship to NI (using PM/PW) or London (AP).

https://shop.bt.com/products/apple-airpods-with-charging-case-mv7n2zm-a-F48H

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

That will do nicely with Parcel Motel. Thanks basq, appreciate that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,214 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The CH700ns are on sale for 79 pounds.

The XB900ns for 130 pounds.

Anyone got a view on either? Leaning towards the ch700ns at the moment on the basis they apparently sound Miley better and obv significantly cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I just bought i500 TWS from this link.

They are airpod 2 clones. They look identical. They work pretty well.

Sound is good - i would say comparable to the regular earpods. I've never worn airpods so can't compare.
    They connect perfectly to iphone when they are taken out of the case, with the same popup on screen as the airpods.
    Only downside is the case gives off an electrical hiss when they are wirelessly charging each airpod. You only notice it when they are up close, but it is quite annoying.

Shipping took 2 weeks for me (standard shipping)

What is the battery life on these?

I have a clone of the Airpods 1 and the battery life is appalling - Maybe 1 hour max listening to music

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

lassykk wrote: »
    What is the battery life on these?

I have a clone of the Airpods 1 and the battery life is appalling - Maybe 1 hour max listening to music

Thanks

Can't say for sure as I put them on my wireless charger quite regularly. But i'd estimate 3 hours maybe, and of course the charging case extends that significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tazzyb1979

Hi there, I want to order the Bose Quiet Comfort 35ii for my husband and notice the best price is from amazon.de Do you think it would be ok to order from this website, I'm assuming the packaging will be in german but this won't make any difference to the actual headphones?
    Thanks, totally clueless when it comes to technology :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tazzyb1979 wrote: »
    Hi there, I want to order the Bose Quiet Comfort 35ii for my husband and notice the best price is from amazon.de Do you think it would be ok to order from this website, I'm assuming the packaging will be in german but this won't make any difference to the actual headphones?
    Thanks, totally clueless when it comes to technology :-(

No problem at all ordering from the .de website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tazzyb1979

Thank you so much, do you know if the packaging would be in English or German?

Received my i6's in the post - 2 weeks from order to receipt - quicker than I expected.

Very impressed with the sound - miles better than the airpod 2 clones I recently got, though the case and hinge are not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

Received my i6's in the post - 2 weeks from order to receipt - quicker than I expected.

Very impressed with the sound - miles better than the airpod 2 clones I recently got, though the case and hinge are not as good.

Got mine as well today (11/11 Order). I think the touch controls will require a learning curve.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Got mine as well today (11/11 Order). I think the touch controls will require a learning curve.

agreed. Tapping on the bud kind of feels horrible when it's wedged so tight into your ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Ordering some i6s today as an Xmas present. Squeaky bum time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

garo wrote: »
    Ordering some i6s today as an Xmas present. Squeaky bum time!

At this time of year, you would be lucky if they arrive in time.

Also they will be reduced in 2 days (BF) + Ali select coupon might get you more off.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

whatawaster, are talking about the Tiso i6?
    Got my Tiso i6 as well, Last Thursday. Only issue I have is opening the box with short nails.
    Sound is great and battery life very good. Bought the Mrs a pair on 11/11. Got them go 17.50

odddavey wrote: »
    whatawaster, are talking about the Tiso i6?
    Got my Tiso i6 as well, Last Thursday. Only issue I have is opening the box with short nails.
    Sound is great and battery life very good. Bought the Mrs a pair on 11/11. Got them go 17.50

Yes.

I have the same experience - case is hard to open - sound is excellent.

Tazzyb1979 wrote: »
    Thank you so much, do you know if the packaging would be in English or German?
    I'd imagine they are multilingual. German, French, English etc.

Yes.

I have the same experience - case is hard to open - sound is excellent.

These are them if anyone looking

€ 22,02 64%OFF | Tiso i6 touch control wireless earphones seamless switch mini Bluetooth 5.0 headphone noise cancelling Mic 3D TWS stereo headset
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/s4uJcz9Q

• Advertisement

Bought the Haylou GT2 for $18 (~16.50 €) . Company is owned by Xiaoimi but these earphones are rated higher than the base airdots

arrived in 2 weeks which was possibly quicker than I was expecting from China

Have a physical button on them which I think that most would prefer over touch controls for such small earphones

Charging cable built into box case so you (plugs into usb plug or laptop plug). I think that this charging cable is pretty sturdy and will last.

Open case box but held in by magnets - you can't shake them out - very tightly held in

Good battery life (4hrs for the earphones and 4 more charges from the box case when it's fully charged) for these true wireless earphones

The sound quality is good and the bass in particular while not totally over-powering is good. and the volume level can go pretty high.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000269060795.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dTaHP3E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

odddavey wrote: »
    These are them if anyone looking

€ 22,02 64%OFF | Tiso i6 touch control wireless earphones seamless switch mini Bluetooth 5.0 headphone noise cancelling Mic 3D TWS stereo headset
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/s4uJcz9Q

Do you find them good?

corkie wrote: »
    At this time of year, you would be lucky if they arrive in time.

Also they will be reduced in 2 days (BF) + Ali select coupon might get you more off.

I agree. I have a backup plan. But hoping for the best.

if you're ordering from aliexpress etc to give yourself a chance of getting stuff quicker you should try to find items with the "e-packet" option either as default or as an option to pay extra for. e-packet in my experience should arrive in about 2 weeks - assuming that the item is shipped soon after payment. if you have the option and want it faster it's often worth the extra cost.

Although "Aliexpress standard shipping" seems not to be that bad either.

"China small packet" and "china post" is slow enough.

Never go with Cainiao Super Economy or Yanwen economy for postage - you'll probably never get it! I'm convinced this is shipped via a man going backwards on a donkey.

with days like 11.11 or black Friday if the demand is big then shipping is likely to be delayed due to processing time increasing.

Thanks for that. The options I see - for different items as I am also looking at the Haylou GT2 and a cheap TWS knock-off - are Aliexpress Standard, postNL and Singapore Post. The i6s ordered on 11/11 have been received by others this week and I ordered a pair yesterday giving up on the BF discount in the hope of beating the rush and getting them before Xmas. I should have ordered on 11:11 but never got around to it.

By the Taotronics SoundSurge BH060 are on sale again at Amazon for £37.99. Nice piece of kit. I will recommend it.

zweton wrote: »
    Do you find them good?
    Yes very good, used them tonight with a firestick on a projector. Mrs watching the TV, couldn't hear it.

with the GT2's I can't hear anything - the isolation is almost too good. not described as noise cancelling but you don't hear anything else...

edit

has something called " DSP smart digital NC module" which is basically noise cancelling

amazing how these things have come on. a year ago anything under 100 euro was muck. now you can get something decent for less than 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

glasso wrote: »
    Bought the Haylou GT2 for $18 (~16.50 €) . Company is owned by Xiaoimi but these earphones are rated higher than the base airdots

arrived in 2 weeks which was possibly quicker than I was expecting from China

Have a physical button on them which I think that most would prefer over touch controls for such small earphones

Charging cable built into box case so you (plugs into usb plug or laptop plug). I think that this charging cable is pretty sturdy and will last.

Open case box but held in by magnets - you can't shake them out - very tightly held in

Good battery life (4hrs for the earphones and 4 more charges from the box case when it's fully charged) for these true wireless earphones

The sound quality is good and the bass in particular while not totally over-powering is good. and the volume level can go pretty high.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000269060795.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dTaHP3E

What's the main difference besides touch with the GT1 do you which are little more expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

noodler wrote: »
    The CH700ns are on sale for 79 pounds.

The XB900ns for 130 pounds.

Anyone got a view on either? Leaning towards the ch700ns at the moment on the basis they apparently sound Miley better and obv significantly cheaper

I got the CH700's for use in an office. The noise cancellation is pretty rubbish in that environment. It's not the reason I bought them though- I go them for sound quality and it's excellent. Battery life is fantastic and they are a comfy set to use (I wear glasses). I bought them months ago and they've been well worth it.

• Advertisement

maddog1983 wrote: »
    What's the main difference besides touch with the GT1 do you which are little more expensive?

GT2 has...
    Physical button
    Case with built in charging cable
    Open case using magnets instead of closed case

Not aware of any other differences

Sound the same I believe

Advertisement