Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dean445

I’ve recently past the interview and wondering how long I’ll be waiting to be called for physical after you get the interview results

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaunaN246

Dean445 wrote: »
    I’ve recently past the interview and wondering how long I’ll be waiting to be called for physical after you get the interview results

I did my interview the 23rd of September. It’s hard to judge tho, I was told i won’t be up for physical until after Christmas and now it’s so soon. There is a rush on now for a big January class so think it all depends on the class times

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Does anyone know a rough timeframe from when you get your gp clearance from to a date for the PCT?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Hi all,

Have physical 17th December and worried about the pushups component, for anyone that has done it, how strict are they on the form of push ups and how far you go down etc, also, if you fail an element are you given the option to repeat and if so how long, TIA, Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrNightOwl

LB1197 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a rough timeframe from when you get your gp clearance from to a date for the PCT?

I sent my GP form back on 24th October and received my PCT date on 1st November, with it being scheduled for 19th November.

• Advertisement

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have physical 17th December and worried about the pushups component, for anyone that has done it, how strict are they on the form of push ups and how far you go down etc, also, if you fail an element are you given the option to repeat and if so how long, TIA, Dan

I didn't see/hear of anyone getting any grief about their form. You don't have to touch your chest to the ground. You have to go far down enough so your elbows are at 90 degrees. You can't let your hips drop either... You have to maintain a straight line throughout the movement.

If you're worried about your form look for the calisthenicsmovement channel on YouTube. He gives a good demonstration. Then there's different methods to get your numbers up. 'Grease the Groove' is where you bang out loads of pushups throughout the day, everyday. Or you can try pyramids..., 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 reps with increased rest between each set. Either way, to get better at pushups, do more pushups.

I'm not entirely sure about what happens when you fail. I think if you failed pushups and passed everything else then you'd have to go back and repeat the entire first half of the PCT which would include beeps and situps. I think the combination of adrenaline and the instructors pushing you on should get most people through it on the day.

Cheers for that, but are you given the option to repeat if you fail or is that it game over

Thanks very much! Hopefully mine will be in January so

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Cheers for that, but are you given the option to repeat if you fail or is that it game over

12 weeks to repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DeclanW1999

Just got GP form, it’ll be sent away this evening. How long to get the date for PCT then?

• Advertisement

You definitely get to repeat it officially at least once. As I mentioned previously, there was someone there on their third attempt at the beep test so I assume there was some kind of appeal process followed there... or maybe a 'phone call' was made?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

MrNightOwl wrote: »
    I got an email from the sarge directly asking me to come in on a a Sunday. Fairly informal but throw a collar and tie on anyway. Won't do any harm. I was in the room with him for less than 5mins. He just asked if I thought there'd be any issues with anyone I named on my Form B. Advised me to keep the fitness up while in Templemore.

Ah cool so it's just a chat more so, the word interview was thrown around abit so I wasnt sure what was going on. Thanks!

S84 wrote: »
    Ah cool so it's just a chat more so, the word interview was thrown around abit so I wasnt sure what was going on. Thanks!

You hear different stories though. Like he did have my Form B in front of him and quickly scanned through the whole document. So whoever you have to meet could potentially ask questions about some of the info on your form. I'd say keep the mindset of it being a formal meeting, just incase.

Just got GP form, it’ll be sent away this evening. How long to get the date for PCT then?
    When did you complete the interview if you don’t mind me asking

Dean445 wrote: »
    When did you complete the interview if you don’t mind me asking

The 1st of November

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Can you ring up and enquire about your vetting? Like do they give a timeframe over the phone or anything? Kind of want to know just to give myself a timeline for training for the PCT.

Hi all, just a quick question. For any of us that are successful in pct and medical, anyone have an idea when intakes will be. I heard that there will be one as soon as February

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Hi all, just a quick question. For any of us that are successful in pct and medical, anyone have an idea when intakes will be. I heard that there will be one as soon as February

Im wondering that aswell, have all passed now so literally just waiting to hear? Presume vetting is still in process

Is vetting not done before medical and fitness?

Is vetting not done before medical and fitness?

No - form B is sent which just means they have started your vetting process, doesnt mean that it has come back clear. You have to wait until it comes back and is clear, then your good to go.

• Advertisement

Have you done medical aswell are you from 2019 campaign. How long after physical was the medical

Have you done medical aswell are you from 2019 campaign. How long after physical was the medical

yeah 2019, im in first group, medical was last thurs so all done .. it was between 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

sazxox wrote: »
    yeah 2019, im in first group, medical was last thurs so all done .. it was between 2-3 weeks.

Is it usually 2-3 weeks between them? I've only 5 days between mine

AF96DUB wrote: »
    Is it usually 2-3 weeks between them? I've only 5 days between mine

no like it can vary for veryone, medicals are on whenever the docs are free so could be 2 days or 2 weeks between them .. different for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

I've not received my request for GP clearance yet. Form B was returned to them a week ago. Anyone else in the same boat? Wondering if it's too early to email them. I know I'm probably being impatient (must be infuriating for those from 2018 campaign) but really hoping to make the February intake! Have vetting from abroad. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

I'm the same as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

I've not received my request for GP clearance yet. Form B was returned to them a week ago. Anyone else in the same boat? Wondering if it's too early to email them. I know I'm probably being impatient (must be infuriating for those from 2018 campaign) but really hoping to make the February intake! Have vetting from abroad. Thanks.

I sent form B back the 23rd October, Heard the 12th November to make changes. Waiting again to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maryf97

Just wondering has anyone had to postpone the PCT and if so, how soon did you get a new date? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

I had to postpone mine (for laser eye) - there was a bit less than a month between my two but suspect that will be different for anyone who postpones now as all the Dec PCT dates are gone out (as far as I know).

Just a warning for those who postpone, you can only do it once - you have to attend the next date they give you or you'll be taken out of the campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Glantine.22

Hi lads
    Did anyone have trouble emailing the B form? When I go to send it on 1 PDF it's saying too large and won't send? Is it ok to send it on 2 separate PDFs does anyone know?

Advertisement