Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people have children that they can't afford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Because every little Trinity, Shakira, Beyonce, Brooklyn etc that pops out is more money for the mother. Why wouldn't they continually pop them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

Like a means test ?
    Can I afford new shoes ? Can I afford a holiday , can I afford a child ?

No, be an adult. I'd love to go to Vegas. However, financially it would be stupid. You should be able to apply the same logic to having children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

You need a license to have a dog. It should be the same for each child taking into account fitness to look after it etc. eg some scammer with 200 convictions on the gear with no job shouldn’t be allowed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i know right we should lock them up in debtors prisons

and the kids too

Because every little Trinity, Shakira, Beyonce, Brooklyn etc that pops out is more money for the mother. Why wouldn't they continually pop them out?

Anto begot Deco and Deco begot Eminem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm sure you could go to Vegas if you really tried and maybe even enjoy the experience after making the sacrifices to get you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Because there isn't a 28day change of mind policy or retailer goodwill.
    They are an absolute bastárd to return even with the receipt, I mean birth cert...

I'm sure you could go to Vegas if you really tried and maybe even enjoy the experience after making the sacrifices to get you there.

Agreed. The point is that I won't go willy nilly until it's viable. I apply the same process to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

For the craic

Pmacv1 wrote: »
    Agreed. The point is that I won't go willy nilly until it's viable. I apply the same process to children.

Then you have a long hard road ahead of you in this life - if that's indicative of your attitude in the real world (which I sincerely doubt).

But, we're outwardly suitably outraged and shocked.

Will that suffice, even if we're actually sorry for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

OP, why did you create this thread?
    It’s not wanted, is of no value to society and should be aborted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭corks finest

TBH I did nearly 40 year's ago and just didn't think ,and it was an awfullllll struggle all throughout ( up to today sent up a few hundred to my eldest in Derry)
    Love doesent put food on the table,I've a 16 yr old since he was 2 and a half ,5 days@,week and can give him a good life, really couldn't with my older kids,I'd always 2 Jobs + my ex also worked,but it was bloody hard, wouldn't advise it,I'd 6 kids by 25- madness,yes times were different,big families etc etc blah blah blah- utter stupidity

minikin wrote: »
    OP, why did you create this thread?
    It’s not wanted, is of no value to society and should be aborted.

It was all he could afford to do tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I'm more concerned about people who start threads that no one wants to read or that have already been done a thousand times. Between this bloke and mr fegelien it's just a wasteland of useless threads.

We need a system to tackle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

I'm more concerned about people who start threads that no one wants to read or that have already been done a thousand times. Between this bloke and mr fegelien it's just a wasteland of useless threads.

I wish there was away to ignore all posts and threads from people that registered 3 months ago or less. Would cut out so much crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Aren't the OP and MR Fegelien the same person ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

What are you on about lad?

As if!

What are you lad about, on??

wiggle16 wrote: »
    As if!

What are you lad about, on??

I'm glad you asked. Is there a lad about at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Ever see the movie Idiocracy?

You're aware it's not a documentary yeah?

People can afford kids. Just depends how you define afford.

It's cheap to feed and clothe a child and send them to school.

When you factor in Montessori and college and gaelteacht and trips abroad while maintaining the standard of living you had as a single person, while also probably recently got married and bought a house, yeah I can see why it may be expensive.

Priorities like.

bluewolf wrote: »
    i know right we should lock them up in debtors prisons

and the kids too

Ah now, you'd have to rehome all the free buggies, remember?

• Advertisement

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    You're aware it's not a documentary yeah?

People can afford kids. Just depends how you define afford.

It's cheap to feed and clothe a child and send them to school.

When you factor in Montessori and college and gaelteacht and trips abroad while maintaining the standard of living you had as a single person, while also probably recently got married and bought a house, yeah I can see why it may be expensive.

Priorities like.

Ach you're espousing the concepts of self sacrifice and selflessness, which are alien to the OPs fabricated persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Simple- there’s an overly generous welfare state that asks zero questions and dishes out the “entitlements” no questions asked. Simple really and if you look at where the bulk of kids are being born these days it’s blindingly obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ah now, you'd have to rehome all the free buggies, remember?

And the free houses. What would we do with them?!

road_high wrote: »
    Simple- there’s an overly generous welfare state that asks zero questions and dishes out the “entitlements” no questions asked. Simple really and if you look at where the bulk of kids are being born these days it’s blindingly obvious

In hospitals?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

In hospitals?

lol :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Sardonicat wrote: »
    And the free houses. What would we do with them?!

Sure what can you do? Free houses and free buggies roaming the streets, digging up the grass verges. Frightening pensioners. Piddling in the water supply. Mauling people to death.

Anarchy, Sardonicat, anarchy.

In hospitals?

Now he'll moan about who pays for the hospitals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭2pacshakur

U okay Hun?

I love me free house while other idiots go out and work in stressful jobs. Why work when you can have free money from the state and a roof over your head for the rest of me life.

You people who work and gave s 30 year mortgage are the suckers. Houses worth half as much with the recession while I was grand Nd cozy in me free council house.

Thank you for you taxes for my free lively modern gaff. Your all too kind.

I've three babbies now and plan on having three more and all with different daddies so more maintenance money for me.

You all need to know how to work the system

I guess I'm smarter than all of you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Surely parents should know if they can afford a 2nd, 3rd or 4th kid? Plus abortions are free, so there's no excuse anymore really.

For the same reason that people post stupid threads, they don't think it pout beforehand.

• Advertisement

Now he'll moan about who pays for the hospitals.

LOL I know. You can nearly hear it coming:

Joe Taxpayer, that's who! I don't sit here on my hole typing my fingers to the bone all bleeding day just so the NANNY STATE can be giving away free hospitals *has apopleptic fit*

Blah blah blah.

Advertisement