Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people have children that they can't afford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Pmacv1 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people complain about the cost of childcare, when abortions are free.

Because abortion only became legal after they had them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I see the OPs usual 9pm bedtime kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

I see the OPs usual 9pm bedtime kicked in.

Nah, still up lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nah, still up lad.

Does Mammy know you're on the net under the blankets?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Because not everyone wants to go through having an abortion? They arent compulsory just because they are now legal
    Ronald Reagan — 'I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.

• Advertisement

minikin wrote: »
    OP, why did you create this thread?
    It’s not wanted, is of no value to society and should be aborted.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Ronald Reagan — 'I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.

Albert Einstein - "Everyone against it has already been born too.
    Funny that"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

My wife and I have decided we can't afford to have children.
    We're going to tell them this evening.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Albert Einstein - "Everyone against it has already been born too.
    Funny that"

Very true Sherlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

I don't understand why people complain about the cost of childcare, when abortions are free.

OP, please go on Joe Duffy. I would pay money to listen in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Contraception does not work all the time,
    people have sex when they are not sober.
    We need more young people , young people will be worker,s ,tax payers
    in 20 years .
    some small towns in japan are just populated by old people .
    20 per cent of young people in japan do not have sex,
    no girl friend,s or boyfriend.
    The birth rate is very low.
    1000,S of People retire every year,
    for the tax system to work , they have to replaced by young workers .
    In the system we have now , if you want a council house, you have to have 2 children at least.
    Is it your opinion that only well off middle class people should be allowed
    to have children ?
    Most people are not economic experts,
    when people have sex , they do not think can i afford to have a child.
    I Think its very cynical to think that people just have children
    to get a free house .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

riclad wrote: »
    Contraception does not work all the time,
    people have sex when they are not sober.
    We need more young people , young people will be worker,s ,tax payers
    in 20 years .
    some small towns in japan are just populated by old people .
    20 per cent of young people in japan do not have sex,
    no girl friend,s or boyfriend.
    The birth rate is very low.
    1000,S of People retire every year,
    for the tax system to work , they have to replaced by young workers .
    In the system we have now , if you want a council house, you have to have 2 children at least.
    Is it your opinion that only well off middle class people should be allowed
    to have children ?
    Most people are not economic experts,
    when people have sex , they do not think can i afford to have a child.
    I Think its very cynical to think that people just have children
    to get a free house .

Yes.

Yes.

The bots are getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Introduce a child tax, see how fast the little scrotes will use condoms/the pill/protection/abortion/family planning/adoption/swallow,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Jonybgud wrote: »
    Introduce a child tax, see how fast the little scrotes will use condoms/the pill/protection/abortion/family planning/adoption/swallow,

Simple solution is childrens allowance up to 2 children only- if you want more than that **** off and pay for them yourself. There’d be no more Margaret Cash types with a system like that in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

blueshade wrote: »
    Yeah, the cut off is when the youngest is 8 now, I think. Someone I know just had their second kid with a different daddy, he just turned 9 this Summer. The boyfriend pretends he lives in his own 4 bedroom house which he rents out rooms in when he actually lives out of a suitcase with her. Been going on for 3 years, so he's cashing in on the rental and she's getting her benefits and her rent allowance and not doing a tap of work since she was in her 20's, despite being healthy. She's been getting away with the bogus single mammy thing for a while now.

Why not report her to social welfare? If you're so sure that this is what is happening.

Simple solution is childrens allowance up to 2 children only- if you want more than that **** off and pay for them yourself. There’d be no more Margaret Cash types with a system like that in place.

When it comes to children our mobile friends are not the problem. It's the extended dole dynasties, where the last person to work in the family was great, great uncle Anto, who went for a stroll in 1964 and accidentally got a job, and became the black sheep straight away.

It's easy to locate those council funded spawning estates by the clouds of benson and hedges smoke, the road verges littered with dutch gold cans and pajamas being the preferred attire of the walking wombs, probably to provide easy access for any lad willing to have a go at increasing the tramps dole money.

When it comes to children our mobile friends are not the problem. It's the extended dole dynasties, where the last person to work in the family was great, great uncle Anto, who went for a stroll in 1964 and accidentally got a job.

It's easy to locate those council funded spawning estates by the clouds of benson and hedges smoke, the road verges littered with dutch gold cans and pajamas being the preferred attire of the walking wombs, probably to provide easy access for any lad willing to have a go at increasing the tramps dole money.

Lads, instead of constantly giving out on a forum, why don't you report them?

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/ReportFraud.aspx

Lads, instead of constantly giving out on a forum, why don't you report them?

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/secure/ReportFraud.aspx

Where's the fun in that? When we can wave our sticks at liberalism here.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

When it comes to children our mobile friends are not the problem. It's the extended dole dynasties, where the last person to work in the family was great, great uncle Anto, who went for a stroll in 1964 and accidentally got a job, and became the black sheep straight away.

It’s a simple law, fuc all after 2 children even after 1 .
    These people can’t mind themselves and they burden the state ,and more importantly us with there baggage.
    2nd and 3rd generation no workers in the family only scrounges!

• Advertisement

These people can’t mind themselves and they burden the state ,and more importantly us with there baggage.

That's the spirit, I'm going out to howl at the moon....

No children for anyone!! Lets be done with this once and for all!!:pac:

No children for anyone!! Lets be done with this once and for all!!:pac:

Damn right, abortions for some, small flags for others......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Jonathan Swift had an idea nearly 300 years ago, written in a little piece called A Modest Proposal (For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country, and For making them Beneficial to the Publick). I'm sure not everybody would go for it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Because they never raise their perception of life above the social aspect.

'should I have a child?' 'should I bring life into this futile existence? ' never comes into it, their highest level is the pursuit of their social instincts and material goods.

To a jayo or a jacinta it doesn't go deeper than having a plasma screen and a bleedin deadly car.

No why, only how. Like a donkey after a carrot.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

20Wheel wrote: »
    Because they never raise their perception of life above the social aspect.

'should I have a child?' 'should I bring life into this futile existence? ' never comes into it, their highest level is the pursuit of their social instincts and material goods.

To a jayo or a jacinta it doesn't go deeper than having a plasma screen and a bleedin deadly car.

No why, only how. Like a donkey after a carrot.

And what pray tell is your highest level of pursuit, oh man on internet at midnight on a Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

And what pray tell is your highest level of pursuit, oh man on internet at midnight on a Tuesday?

Well it's higher than most of those folks who can't, or don't choose to plan their children.

..... Oh man on the Internet at midnight on a Tuesday.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Surely parents should know if they can afford a 2nd, 3rd or 4th kid? Plus abortions are free, so there's no excuse anymore really.

If I'd known that I'd have gotten myself aborted ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Maybe we could reopen the magdalene laundries and mother and baby homes?

From what little I've read on them they seemed to be fantastic Irish institutions. We would be the envy of the world once again with these places back in operation. Can only see the upside to this plan.

Make Ireland Great Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Yeah that particular aspect wouldn’t be too MEGA now would it

Advertisement