Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭fafy

laros wrote: »
    From The Irish examiner website ....
    Motown icon Diana Ross is to play the Marquee in Cork next June.

She will play The Marquee in Cork on June 25th

She played the first Marquee in 2005, back again for the last one.

Also Playing Kilmainham on June 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Zardoz wrote: »
    Diana Ross and Cat Stevens, wow, two huge acts.
    Live at the Marquee is going out with a bang.

Hope Cat plays "Peace Train", the f**king b***ox"... :D

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/yusuf-jeered-by-fans-at-comeback-concert-1.772917

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m there!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Its weird isnt it like Eddie does plenty of shows here but he doesnt bring the band over I cant understand it they would make an absolute fortune what would even be the right venue for them RDS? Saw him alright back in July he's amazing live but its not the same when he doesnt have the rest of the band with him ye reckon its a promoter issue that they refuse to play here weve see it with similar acts that they just avoid playing here its bizzare

Why would he bring the band over when he knows we were gullible enough to pay MORE to see him by himself?
    He milked all he needs from this country and probably thinks those 3 gigs has satisfied the demand to see him.
    We payed WAY over the odds to see him solo in Cork and Dublin. Its our fault he doesn't feel the need to come back with PJ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I’m there!

Already !?

:eek: ;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tame Impala confirmed as first headliner for All Points East in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tame Impala confirmed as first headliner for All Points East in the UK

Along with Caribou and Rolling Blackouts and others.... it's tempting but I really wasn't impressed with the setup there last year. Poor sound, awful crowds and queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Very good bookings if true. Hopefully theyll do well, not sure how the Coronas/Nathan Carter/Jenny Green crowd will feel about it though.

Jenny Green already playing and I'm sure bands like that will still play. Good to see them be a bit more inventive in their last year there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

maximoose wrote: »
    Along with Caribou and Rolling Blackouts and others.... it's tempting but I really wasn't impressed with the setup there last year. Poor sound, awful crowds and queues.

That's a real shame - I went in the first year and it was excellent. Queues got big by the end of the day but that was the only issue. Sound was top notch and it ran smoothly.

Was a handy trip too with the regular flights to London so would like to see it do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,152 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought he was dead :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

Burty330 wrote: »
    Why would he bring the band over when he knows we were gullible enough to pay MORE to see him by himself?
    He milked all he needs from this country and probably thinks those 3 gigs has satisfied the demand to see him.
    We payed WAY over the odds to see him solo in Cork and Dublin. Its our fault he doesn't feel the need to come back with PJ

Bang on. Over 100 quid to see Eddie in the 3arena for Eddie by himself. They know that the Irish fans will travel to the UK/Europe to see PJ. They also know Eddie can come back next year and do a a night of circle jerking with Glenn Hansard in the 3Arena and not have to worry about permits etc for an outdoor gig.... Ireland is a cash cow for Vedder and promoter.

I guess selling out the 3 Arena is more profitable for Eddie than the RDS with the full band

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

piplip87 wrote: »
    Bang on. Over 100 quid to see Eddie in the 3arena for Eddie by himself. They know that the Irish fans will travel to the UK/Europe to see PJ. They also know Eddie can come back next year and do a a night of circle jerking with Glenn Hansard in the 3Arena and not have to worry about permits etc for an outdoor gig.... Ireland is a cash cow for Vedder and promoter.

I guess selling out the 3 Arena is more profitable for Eddie than the RDS with the full band

yep. €ddie V€dder ………………. #GrungeIsDead….
    Remember when they took on Tick€tma$t€r over ticket prices ? :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I see Paul McCartney has announced two shows in Italy next June. He's also doing Glasto. Wonder what are the chances he does a show here.

I see Paul McCartney has announced two shows in Italy next June. He's also doing Glasto. Wonder what are the chances he does a show here.

Croke Park?

Is Coldplay touring with new album out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Katie Melua playing Ulster Hall on 23 November and Vicar St on 24 November 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

maximoose wrote: »

I had the same issues, I would not go back after this year's debacle, the year previous though was a great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Diana Ross playing Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin on Friday June 26.

Tickets on sale Monday at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Wonder what ticket prices for Diana will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Rfrip wrote: »

Starting at £75 in the UK and go up to £144 for standard tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Hopefully a fair chance. Diana Ross seems to be doing a few shows while over this neck of the woods. I'd say Glasto doesn't pay that well but they do it for the exposure so they'll tack on a few extra gigs to bring in the big bucks. These, in turn, sell well of the back of the "Macca plays Glasto" buzz - a virtuous circle... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Zardoz

My buddy said he heard an ad on the radio saying tickets for Cork start at €125 :eek:
    Stop,Look,Listen,thats way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

My buddy said he heard an ad on the radio saying tickets for Cork start at €125 :eek:
    Stop,Look,Listen,thats way too much.

Tickets for the UK dates go north of €500. There'll be a handful for 80 and the rest will be 125, 190, 250 and up and up and up.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought he was dead :o
    he only died 4 times, 5 left.:D

Croke Park?

Is Coldplay touring with new album out?

I don’t believe they are. They play a one off London gig, at the weekend, and they said

“ This is expected to be the band’s only UK show of the Everyday Life era.”

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

• Registered Users Posts: 43 the black celt

Tyler Childers playing the Grand Social in January

Hi, I'm looking for a ticket for this. Will pay reasonable price. Thank you.

From 125 for Marquee Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

From 125 for Marquee Cork

Where did you see this Liz?

Where did you see this Liz?

Heard it advertised on Cork's Red FM

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why it is, that both MCD & Aikens are “painfully slow“ to release ticket pricing.

They announce gigs, then, nada about pricing

In many cases, you don’t know, until you are actually buying the tickets.

Doesen’t say much about transparency, and i am surprised this practice has never been challenged.

I have often checked their twitter pages, and people ask what price is x event, and they are totally ignored.

Advertisement