Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Augme

It was a disaster of an interview. I really have no idea what the royal PR people were thinking allowing it to happen.

Augme wrote: »
    It was a disaster of an interview. I really have no idea what the royal PR people were thinking allowing it to happen.

His PR adviser actually resigned 2 weeks ago once he knew this interview was going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The Veneer of honour carefully cultivated by this parasitic family gets a good coat of turpentine ... when Lizzy kicks the bucket ther'yre toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Think there be a few lads thrown into the mix to spice things up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,924 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

His PR adviser actually resigned 2 weeks ago once he knew this interview was going ahead.

I don't blame him. Its a monumentally bad idea and could only have come from a mind that has absolutely zero connection with the real world.

I'm betting that that was Andrew, himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Augme

That's explains a lot. I bet the level of relieve they felt after watching that interview must have been massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Tony EH wrote: »
    I don't blame him. Its a monumentally bad idea and could only have come from a mind that has absolutely zero connection with the real world.

I watched the full thing last night and got the distinct impression he is not very bright and is not emotionally intelligent.

Listening to a royal correspondent on BBC R5 and she said he has always had the reputation of being arrogant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 tedbrennan

He's a victim of Britain's caste system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

My God, thank fúck we don't have to stomach a royal family over here.

Nothing but a bunch of pompous, entitled freeloaders with a smattering of sexual deviant's in their ranks.

Can you imagine your taxes paying for the lifestyle of someone like this Andrew fella. Jesus.

Leo and Micheal D cost a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Twister2 wrote: »
    Was in pizza express that day...

Pure Partridge right there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Tony EH wrote: »

It's bizarre in a way that he could proceed with the interview

OG anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

high_king wrote: »
    Leo and Micheal D cost a fair bit
    Whatever about leo , I agree, the president of Ireland , a small country, rattling around a large desolate mansion in the park, its bleak and lonely in the middle of winter anyway, costing a fortune really is a relic of colonialism, the Presidency costs here really need to be slimmed down.
    Put him in a nice house some where, maybe paid for out of the very generous salary , and use the aras for some other good , Farmleigh could be used for all the formal presidency occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Prince Andrew

'' it wasn't me, it was the one armed man, when I came home there was a man in my house, he had one arm, he had sex with those underage girls, find that man!, me I was in Pizza Express''

WTF

He's a liar, but he'll get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

He gets around this grand ol' Duke of York

Apparently he had 10,000 men as well

I like the way i slipped it in under the radar

Bringing a bit of the commonwealth home

Twister2 wrote: »
    Prince Andrew looking to salvage his reputation

How will it play out

The queen has approved the whole thing

Andrew is irrelevant. A pompous oaf. Should be cut free to try and make his own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I really wouldn't trust any member of the royal family, past or present generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Andrew is irrelevant. A pompous oaf. Should be cut free to try and make his own way.

Could say the same for all the 'royals'. What a ****ed up system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

It’s hitting all the right memes. Pizzagate and shapeshifting lizard people who can’t sweat.

It’s hitting all the right memes. Pizzagate and shapeshifting lizard people who can’t sweat.

And those turned up trousers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

As he said: no sweat due to 'adrenaline overload' this has all the ingredents and curious toppings for Dave Icke to publish another dozen books, and sell them also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Duke of York, hmmm more like the Duke Of Porkies

What the big deal with HRH the Duke of York bedding suitable 17 year olds, is that not the age of consent ? and in the UK it's 16

What the big deal with HRH the Duke of York bedding suitable 17 year olds, is that not the age of consent ? and in the UK it's 16

You're forgetting the context : Epstein was trafficking underage girls, making them available to wealthy clients, flying them on his private jet to his luxury resort, effectively a billionaire pimp.

It's not as if Andrew randomly met the 17 year old at a party : Epstein 'supplied' her to him (apparently it was Epstein who took the now infamous photo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Don't think it was the age of consent where Virginia lived. But that's not the point here, in my opinion. Epstein was trafficking girls, girls younger and Virginia when she was younger, girls who were by the nature of the situation vulnerable. It was sexual trafficking and abuse. He was supplying young girls to rich people, he was convicted. It appears Andrew was having sex with a girl trafficked by an abuser.
    Bit different than a bit of a lark with a willing young one on the edge of legal.
    Edit - wrote at same time as Strazdas, that is my understanding also.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bizarre.

Second most cringey moment- after calling Epstein's activities as 'unbecoming' - was saying she couldn't be telling the truth because he wasn't able to sweat at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Catherine Mayer is after getting interviewed in studio BBC news?

"Queens children have little real world experience"

"Andrew not a very bright man at all"

Interviewer: "Shouldnt we give him some credit"

Catherine: "No" :D

It was short but it was the type of interview Id like to see a bit more of on their news. Lots of focus from the BBC on how "ill advised" he was to do the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

LOL, not without an ankle tag, ya never know what he might get up to.:cool:

Strazdas wrote: »
    You're forgetting the context : Epstein was trafficking underage girls, making them available to wealthy clients, flying them on his private jet to his luxury resort, effectively a billionaire pimp.

It's not as if Andrew randomly met the 17 year old at a party : Epstein 'supplied' her to him (apparently it was Epstein who took the now infamous photo).

What's the issue if they were above the age of consent where they were banging. A 17 year old knows fine well what they are getting into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

What's the issue if they were above the age of consent where they were banging. A 17 year old knows fine well what they are getting into.

Trafficked.

• Advertisement

Epstein was trafficking girls as young as 14. Andrew is in trouble for his ten year friendship with a convicted sex offender and pimp : the suggestion is he knew full well what Epstein was doing and was regularly availing of his 'services'.

Advertisement