Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke of York BBC Interview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,225 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Twister2 wrote: »
    Prince Andrew looking to salvage his reputation

How will it play out

The queen has approved the whole thing

What is the Current Affairs angle to this?

Minor celebrity talks about chequered past, really not of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

blanch152 wrote: »

Minor celebrity talks about chequered past, really not of interest.

His a member of the British Royal Family who is allegedly been involved in some of the worst crimes possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

high_king wrote: »
    What the big deal with HRH the Duke of York bedding suitable 17 year olds, is that not the age of consent ? and in the UK it's 16

Age of consent is 18 in the US, where one of the prostitution incidents is alleged to have place. Not sure if Virginia Roberts was over 18 by then, but the whole thing is repulsive. He was 41/42 at the time, and in a position of immense privilege; she had been trafficked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

He definitely gives off an image of a rabbit caught in the headlights despite 6 months planning.

Shows a distinct lack of empathy for Epstein’s victims. A complete lack of horror at what Epstein had been charged with.

Knowingly visits a convicted sex offender!

His lack of judgment is mind boggling for someone in his position.

I simply don’t believe him. The interview is up there with Maria Baileys on SOR on Rte Radio 1 for sheer cringe.

He should have stayed quiet than give the story more oxygen. His credibility is now destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Shelga wrote: »
    Age of consent is 18 in the US, where one of the prostitution incidents is alleged to have place. Not sure if Virginia Roberts was over 18 by then, but the whole thing is repulsive. He was 41/42 at the time, and in a position of immense privilege; she had been trafficked.

The age of consent in the US varies from state to state, but currently ranges from 16 to 18. The age of consent in New York and US Virgin Islands are 17 and 16 respectively.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

holyhead wrote: »
    He definitely gives off an image of a rabbit caught in the headlights despite 6 months planning.

Shows a distinct lack of empathy for Epstein’s victims. A complete lack of horror at what Epstein had been charged with.

Knowingly visits a convicted sex offender!

His lack of judgment is mind boggling for someone in his position.

I simply don’t believe him. The interview is up there with Maria Baileys on SOR on Rte Radio 1 for sheer cringe.

He should have stayed quiet than give the story more oxygen. His credibility is now destroyed.

He mentioned 'we' a lot during the interview

I'd say it's mostly 'I' judging by the decision to take the interview and his performance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Oops69 wrote: »
    The Veneer of honour carefully cultivated by this parasitic family gets a good coat of turpentine ... when Lizzy kicks the bucket ther'yre toast.

I don't think so, the usual fawning twats will still stand out in the rain to watch them drive past in their gaudy golden carriages like rich pikeys on acid, then buy a nice plate to hang on the wall.

How the english public can't see them for the disgusting parasites they are is beyond me, but then the english can be quite an odd bunch all things considered!

I don't think so, the usual fawning twats will still stand out in the rain to watch them drive past in their gaudy golden carriages like rich pikeys on acid, then buy a nice plate to hang on the wall.

How the english public can't see them for the disgusting parasites they are is beyond me, but then the english can be quite an odd bunch all things considered!

Yet you're here:)

Yet you're here:)

Where can i get my plate?:D

Where can i get my plate?:D

Fawning over the royals on this thread ffs :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

fawning
    /ˈfɔːnɪŋ/
    adjective
    displaying exaggerated flattery or affection; obsequious.
    "fawning adoration"

:D

If i had my way they'd all be burned at the stake. Shower of inbred parasitic cretins the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

blanch152 wrote: »

Ye - they are mainly historical affairs :D

oh and also the potential grooming and sexual abuse of a teenager, abuse of power and position, manipulation of the media to cover up above and how we all collectively accept as such from the powers at be and the journalism.

This isnt some minor 'celebrity' - its not some outcast from big brother shoplifting ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Mentioning that he went to a Pizza Party was very very unusual...

Mentioning that he went to a Pizza Party was very very unusual...

saw something saying the pizza place wasn't open at the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There's been rumors for decades not even relating to Epstein.
    The idea that he stayed in his house for convenience isn't credible. Epstein only did one thing and that was supply young girls to the rich and famous.
    Andrew's defence, he doesn't sweat, or didn't at the time, so her statement is false, also he was getting pizza, 30/40 miles away. Followed by he reckons the photo of him and one of the victims was faked.
    Who ever said letting him talk was a good idea needs to be either thanked by the public or fired by Andrew and the crown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Now that you’ve got your rant out of the way, can you be specific in terms of your Allegation?

He was friends and stayed with a known pedophile. At the house when many such pedophile activities took place. There's a photo of him with a young girl at the house.
    I would suggest the accusation is Prince Andrew is a pedophile and I'd concur

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Who ever said letting him talk was a good idea needs to be either thanked by the public or fired by Andrew and the crown.

Probably going to be offered a free car ride through Paris; they might pass through the odd tunnel though.....

saw something saying the pizza place wasn't open at the time?

Well the conspiratorial view would be that it was a warning to his Co conspirators that he'll spill the beans if he goes down.

Obviously many people regard pizza Gate as a fantasy but
    In light of the fact that he, Epstein, Maxwell et Al were implicated in this conspiracy long before the Epstein thing hit the general public, its strange.
    And him knowing full well that he was implicated in pizza Gate and also knowing what 'pizza party' means in this context.. Well that makes it even stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

We
    And him knowing full well that he was implicated in pizza Gate and also knowing what 'pizza party' means in this context.. Well that makes it even stranger.
    ???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well the conspiratorial view would be that it was a warning to his Co conspirators that he'll spill the beans if he goes down.

Obviously many people regard pizza Gate as a fantasy but
    In light of the fact that he, Epstein, Maxwell et Al were implicated in this conspiracy long before the Epstein thing hit the general public, its strange.

It was. It was made up.

It was. It was made up.

Says you...
    The central premise being that children are being trafficked and supplied for sex to the wealthy and the elites.. Yea that could never happen.. Wait, what thread are we on again?

Says you...

and anybody with an ounce of intelligence.

and anybody with an ounce of intelligence.

Go on then, give a detailed breakdown..

Go on then, give a detailed breakdown..

There is nothing to breakdown. It never happened. It was made up.

There is nothing to breakdown. It never happened. It was made up.

Thought so, there's quite a lot to break down actually.
    Who made it up?

Thought so, there's quite a lot to break down actually.
    Who made it up?

why dont you toddle over the conspiracy theory forum. I'm sure they will love to regurgigate the whole thing for you.

why dont you toddle over the conspiracy theory forum. I'm sure they will love to regurgigate the whole thing for you.

So it was made up but you can offer no proof.. Ok

So it was made up but you can offer no proof.. Ok

I'm under no obligation to offer proof, especially to you.

• Advertisement

I'm under no obligation to offer proof, especially to you.

Ok, what we can say was that it was made up but it was just a fantastic coincidence that Epstein, Maxwell and the Duke were heavily implicated in it.

Advertisement