Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I ordered a second one yesterday before lunch and no cancellation email for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Ordered around 1.30 pm on Friday, order not cancelled yet

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Did everyone who's had their orders cancelled order more than one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

Quackster wrote: »
    Did everyone who's had their orders cancelled order more than one?

I had two separate orders both were cancelled. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread they got a cancellation on an order last week but still arrived..wonder is there any chance of that? Funds still pending on my Visa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Can anyone else who got the error message on the website confirm whether money was taken out of their account, I tried two different cards, got the error message both times however the money has been taken from each card, I've received no email confirmation and Vodafone chat were useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I tried to buy it twice yesterday but no money has been taken from my account

• Registered Users Posts: 37 horseireland

3 different cards no money gone

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Ordered just before 2 yesterday, and it now says "Your order is due for dispatch". Hopefully it won't be cancelled now. Charge in pending section on bank a/c.

I ordered for delivery to store, as I thought I read further up the thread that it was quicker. Anyone any idea when to expect it, and do they text/call/email to tell you when it's available to collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Sappy404

hdl wrote: »
    Ordered just before 2 yesterday, and it now says "Your order is due for dispatch". Hopefully it won't be cancelled now. Charge in pending section on bank a/c.

I ordered for delivery to store, as I thought I read further up the thread that it was quicker. Anyone any idea when to expect it, and do they text/call/email to tell you when it's available to collect?

I think it will tell you on your email that it'll be there next working day if you order before 12. I used the tracking link they sent and after 2/3 days saw the order was completed. It was waiting for me in store then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I think it will tell you on your email that it'll be there next working day if you order before 12. I used the tracking link they sent and after 2/3 days saw the order was completed. It was waiting for me in store then.

Ah thanks, hadn't spotted that part. It says if you order before 12 Mon - Thurs it'll be there next working day. But as it was 2 on a Friday I guess I'll have to wait and see! I'll keep an eye on the tracking though, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

I placed an order with the option "switch to Vodafone", this option dropped the price to 179 euro, but I could not pay :( tried three times and came up with an error...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

Pacifico wrote: »
    That was me...strangely enough it arrived today! Still shows as cancelled on order tracking though

Hi just curious. Did you get an email saying your order was cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Balls need to get this now...need to find a free sim somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

A lot of confusion. Just to clarify.

Vodafone put the offer up on its website Friday

Some of those that ordered on Friday are saying that their orders were cancelled. Others are saying that money was taken and they are still active.

Around 5:00pm Friday Vodafone put a block on its website to prevent any more orders being made. This block remains in place. Vodafone will also not honour the offer in stores.

The offer is still being advertised by Vodafone despite the fact that it is no longer possible to avail of it.

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    A lot of confusion. Just to clarify.

Vodafone put the offer up on its website Friday

Some of those that ordered on Friday are saying that their orders were cancelled. Others are saying that money was taken and they are still active.

Around 5:00pm Friday Vodafone put a block on its website to prevent any more orders being made. This block remains in place. Vodafone will also not honour the offer in stores.

The offer is still being advertised by Vodafone despite the fact that it is no longer possible to avail of it.

You can go back further than this.

When the original offer advertised in the OP came out, it was advertised on the main page of their website. There was no way to actually buy it, though. No stock in any stores, and the website would throw out multiple errors when trying to buy.

I had rather lengthy DMs with Vodafone on Twitter, but they really had no clue what was going on. They just cited 'technical issues'.

In the end, everything was sorted, but they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. Admittedly, I don't think the Pixel offer is plastered on their home page any more.

Basil3 wrote: »
    they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. Admittedly, I don't think the Pixel offer is plastered on their home page any more.

Oh. But it is. And no they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. But they clearly are. There should be some sort of sanction for this kind of behavior. Clearly false advertising and bad corporate behaviour. But of course the reason they do it is they know that they can get away with it.

Oh. But it is.

That's not the home page.

That's not the home page.

You're being pedantic. The homepage says.

.Christmas offers now available.
    View offers. Up to €100 off the price of selected PAYG phones this Christmas

Switch to Vodafone PAYG this Christmas and get up to €100 off the price.

If you click on any of the links they bring you to the Pixel offer that it is not possible to avail of. A clear cut example of false advertising.

Oh. But it is. And no they shouldn't be allowed to advertise something that isn't available. But they clearly are. There should be some sort of sanction for this kind of behavior. Clearly false advertising and bad corporate behaviour. But of course the reason they do it is they know that they can get away with it.

The home page just says something like "Save Up to €100 off selected PAYG phones". It used to specifically advertise the Pixel 3a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I would say the offers maybe went live before they suppose to as the main Black Friday campaign page used to link to the offers with the Pixel 3a as the main offer and it now links to a timer with a register your interest page

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I would say the offers maybe went live before they suppose to as the main Black Friday campaign page used to link to the offers with the Pixel 3a as the main offer and it now links to a timer with a register your interest page

You've linked to UK site, same name but totally different entity

I'm After a Huawei p30 lite for wifey, cannot get past payment page, any tips?

scudzilla wrote: »
    You've linked to UK site, same name but totally different entity

I'm After a Huawei p30 lite for wifey, cannot get past payment page, any tips?

Uk consumer laws are stronger so they can't get away with the same false advertising there as here. That's why the websites are different.

Phone a Vodafone call centre in India and ask the agent why they had blocked ordering on their website. I'm sure he will provide you with a full comprehensive explanation of corporate malpractice and the false advertising policy.

Has anyone ordered for 179 and is still not cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

How far are people now getting in the sale process on the site? Are they getting past the porting screen and then getting caught out at the payment screen?

Would love to grab this offer but may be too late to the party!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Has anyone ordered for 179 and is still not cancelled?

I've ordered, still not cancelled

I've ordered, still not cancelled

Which network did u switch from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

i think anybody who ordered and then got a cancellation email should complain to comreg about it. It might not do much, but if comreg keep getting complaints they might have a quiet word & tell VF to stop as its increasing comregs workload.

that and everybody complain on their twitter feed about. their sharp practice

daheff wrote:
    that and everybody complain on their twitter feed about. their sharp practice

Anyone has got this at all for 279 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

breeno wrote: »
    How far are people now getting in the sale process on the site? Are they getting past the porting screen and then getting caught out at the payment screen?

Would love to grab this offer but may be too late to the party!

Still the same.

Advertisement